I got my first Exotic bounty missive. But which bounty? (Destiny)

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:30 (3517 days ago)

I can pick between ones for Bad Juju, Pocket Infinity, or Super Good Advice. I already have two exotic primaries and I don't care for pulse rifles either, so I'm not going to bother with Bad Juju. However, I don't have an exotic secondary or heavy. So, which one would you guys recommend: Pocket Infinity or SGA?

Pocket Infinity

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:32 (3517 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

- No text -

Pocket Infinity

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:36 (3517 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Definitely the pocket rocket.

I got my first Exotic bounty missive. But which bounty?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:37 (3517 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

Super Good Advice is ridiculously easy to knock out if you don't mind waiting until Xur returns on Friday. It's not a very practical weapon as the recoil is really hard to control, but with the SGA perk returning most of your missed shots to the magazine (or is it a drum? I haven't really looked too closely.), you can just spray bullets for days. I'm working on getting Pocket Infinity now, so it'll still be a little while before I get a chance to see how useful it is.

-Disciple

Just started this one…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 15:13 (3517 days ago) @ Cody Miller

…waiting for the Gunsmith to sell blue fusion riles. :)

Just started this one…

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 15:57 (3517 days ago) @ Beorn

They were on sale at 9AM CST today. Hopefully it's random and you don't have to wait on it to cycle all the way back through.

I used this to get a heads-up when then went on sale so I didn't have to keep checking every three hours.

-Disciple

I got my first Exotic bounty missive. But which bounty?

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 17:07 (3517 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Super Good Advice is ridiculously easy to knock out if you don't mind waiting until Xur returns on Friday. It's not a very practical weapon as the recoil is really hard to control, but with the SGA perk returning most of your missed shots to the magazine (or is it a drum? I haven't really looked too closely.), you can just spray bullets for days.

If you pick the right upgrades the recoil's manageable. It helps to pulse the trigger.

-- Steve mows through Moon Wizards like they're mooks with SGA.

I picked up SGA

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 17:42 (3517 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

The recoil is nuts at first, but picking the right ballistics etc makes it manageable as a close-mid range MG.
Add the SGA upgrade and yep, you can care less about ammo conservation.

Just started this one…

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 02:12 (3516 days ago) @ Beorn

…waiting for the Gunsmith to sell blue fusion riles. :)

I have 14 rare Fusion Rifles. Once I heard about Pocket Infinity's requirement, I was like "yeah, not gonna go through that hassle" and started hoarding them.

Funny thing is that though I have countless Blue ones, and over a dozen Legendaries, I have never run into a Legendary Fusion Rifle. I had to buy the Vanguard one, which has a lower charge speed that my level 18 Dämmerung.

Just started this one…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 08:05 (3516 days ago) @ Korny

Funny thing is that though I have countless Blue ones, and over a dozen Legendaries, I have never run into a Legendary Fusion Rifle. I had to buy the Vanguard one, which has a lower charge speed that my level 18 Dämmerung.

My first piece of Legendary gear was my 77 Wizard. It charges slowly but it hits exceptionally hard. :) I'm glad that Pocket Infinity uses Solar damage so that I can continue to have 77 Wizard for all my Arc needs.

Has anyone used Pocket Infinity and liked it?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 08:12 (3516 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

I got it after I got Plan C in a random engram, and I have to say that Pocket Infinity was pretty disappointing. Charges slow, has less range, and seems to often not kill the enemy with one burst. Hopefully the patch that fixes exotic weapons will improve it.

Just started this one…

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 09:41 (3516 days ago) @ Beorn

My first piece of Legendary gear was my 77 Wizard. It charges slowly but it hits exceptionally hard. :) I'm glad that Pocket Infinity uses Solar damage so that I can continue to have 77 Wizard for all my Arc needs.

Funny thing is that I had been contemplating it, but I told Bonkle that the charge speed killed it for me, since I needed it for PvP, and it was more suited as an awesome PvE tool... He pointed out the irony of it being sold at the crucible shop...

Definitely has some serious stats, but that charge delay...

Bought the Light/Beware, but if I could find the Plan C...

Also, all five exotic bounties that I've received have been for the same set. There should be a way to detect that you've done them all, so it can give you new ones. I even scrapped a second Invective, getting only three Ascendant Energy... What a rip-off...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread