I'm in the middle of the raid and it sucks (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 19:30 (3516 days ago)

Playing with people that are doing it again and this is my first time and they are doing the cheesiest no fun strats. (CHECKPOINT ABUSE YAY

thanks friend who brought me in here with this group knowing i wanted to go in blind.

so now my virgin raid experience is ruined and im stuck in this.

Don't do this to yourself with other people.

I'm pissed off.

I'm in the middle of the raid and my team sucks (FTFY)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 01:48 (3516 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Playing with people that are doing it again and this is my first time and they are doing the cheesiest no fun strats. (CHECKPOINT ABUSE YAY

Checkpoint abuse? How?

thanks friend who brought me in here with this group knowing i wanted to go in blind.

Vaguebooking, on my DBO?

It can still be fun. All about perspective.

What system are you on? I know a group who'll give you a great time...

I'm pissed off.

Okay, but how does that make you feel?

Ultimate bs strats, spoilers, and me being mad inside.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 07:00 (3515 days ago) @ Korny

OK first off the cheese that made me upset.

1. The Templar

Standing on a floating platform and taking potshots each time his shield is down while interacting with the regular enemies zero times isn't fun or challenging.

2. Gorgon's Labyrinth.

"Ok guys everyones got the treasure chests aight cool? Ok everyone but me dc and I'll get to the end and then you guys can reconnect cause its too hard for 6 people to sneak"

This is what really pissed me off. This isn't even cheese, this is beyond that realm, this is literally forcing people to not play or experience a gamespace so you can get to your fucking loot faster. (speaking of I only got shards and energy, at least my thorn will be ready for buffs lol)

3. Friend drama crap.

Aight so my friend Squid (he doesn't go here) has basically been part of my fireteam along with my brother Nick. Nick and I are basically playing for fun and I personally enjoy challenges and puzzles in my game design. Hell even cheesy strats are fun if you are forced to come up with them on the fly. (halo 2 legendary was a frustrating blast) I had expressed multiple times that I wanted to go into the raid blind, and my brother feels the same as I. So the raid comes out and Squid watches a stream then runs it without us. Now we are in the middle running it with his friends who have also done it before and there is no sense of wonder or mystery or challenge, they have boiled the game down to numbers and the most efficient way to do x.

It's just crap.

So yeah if you wanna go in blind go in blind, just make sure you are with like minded people. Sorry for the rant guys.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 07:40 (3515 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

OK first off the cheese that made me upset.

1. The Templar

Standing on a floating platform and taking potshots each time his shield is down while interacting with the regular enemies zero times isn't fun or challenging.

2. Gorgon's Labyrinth.

"Ok guys everyones got the treasure chests aight cool? Ok everyone but me dc and I'll get to the end and then you guys can reconnect cause its too hard for 6 people to sneak"

This is what really pissed me off. This isn't even cheese, this is beyond that realm, this is literally forcing people to not play or experience a gamespace so you can get to your fucking loot faster. (speaking of I only got shards and energy, at least my thorn will be ready for buffs lol)

3. Friend drama crap.

Aight so my friend Squid (he doesn't go here) has basically been part of my fireteam along with my brother Nick. Nick and I are basically playing for fun and I personally enjoy challenges and puzzles in my game design. Hell even cheesy strats are fun if you are forced to come up with them on the fly. (halo 2 legendary was a frustrating blast) I had expressed multiple times that I wanted to go into the raid blind, and my brother feels the same as I. So the raid comes out and Squid watches a stream then runs it without us. Now we are in the middle running it with his friends who have also done it before and there is no sense of wonder or mystery or challenge, they have boiled the game down to numbers and the most efficient way to do x.

It's just crap.

So yeah if you wanna go in blind go in blind, just make sure you are with like minded people. Sorry for the rant guys.

What system?

I've not completed it on PS4 yet but I really want to. I've been exposed to parts. I had fun for what I did.

PS4

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 07:59 (3515 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

PS4

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 08:13 (3515 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Well damn son, add me!

Revenant_1988

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 11:10 (3515 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

1. The Templar

That is not as fast nor as fun as doing it the 'real' way. Not sure why people do it.

2. Gorgon's Labyrinth.

Lol.

Yeah I can imagine your pain. That is why I endured the grind, to get to 26 so that I could do it the second it opened at 2:00am. There was literally NO help, since we were ahead of all of the streamers until the final boss. I totally do not regret that decision, because it really was a wonderful experience playing from 2-8am not knowing a thing, and freaking out when your entire team just dies for seemingly no reason :-p

PS4

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 11:26 (3515 days ago) @ Revenant1988

likewise!

dogcowmoof

(tho' I just barely hit 26 & wish to keep myself pure for the VOG)

I'm in the middle of the raid and my team sucks (FTFY)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 14:17 (3515 days ago) @ Korny

Checkpoint abuse? How?

Vaguebooking, on my DBO?

It can still be fun. All about perspective.

What system are you on? I know a group who'll give you a great time...

I'm pissed off.

Okay, but how does that make you feel?

Why do you do this?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread