Xygor the Unwed question (Destiny)

by HavokBlue, California, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 03:50 (3517 days ago)

Is Xygor solo-able at 26/27 or do I need to find a group for this? I know people said he was difficult but is it just a matter of him being a bullet sponge or what?

Xygor the Unwed question

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 04:48 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I'm interested to hear the responses to this as well as I just received the Thorn bounty last night.

Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 05:41 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Is Xygor solo-able at 26/27 or do I need to find a group for this? I know people said he was difficult but is it just a matter of him being a bullet sponge or what?

Korny gave me a hand completing this bounty a few days ago, and it is a bit of a challenge.

We did it as a pair- according to him it would have been harder with 3 people as the enemies scale in difficulty (not sure if I've seen that, but that's what he said.)

The actual elimination of xyor is not hard at all- he's just a normal hive wizard, yellow bar (so he takes a little bit more of a beating) with a solar shield.

Basically what you have to do is get down to phogoth, and essentially ignore him. Kill the lesser enemies and the game will bring in dropships to supply new troops.

Xyor is on the 3rd dropship.

What makes this challenge hard is that there isn't really anywhere you can hide. Korny can explain the options better than I can, but if I had to do it again, I would suggest that the person going after the bounty have a high-level solar sniper equipped and an Arc HMG.

You need the solar to cut through the wizards and you need the arc to take off the knights shields. There will be a lot of knights. Killing them helps to spawn the different enemies.

When xyor finally spawns, have the person who needs him, kill him. Wait for the reward text to pop, then quit the mission. You can finish it if you want, but by this point I'd bet you'd be burnt out.

Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS

by HavokBlue, California, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 05:59 (3516 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Well, after a handful of annoying rumble matches I finished up the void damage bounty so I'll hop into the summoning pits alone as a sunsinger and post results.

Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 06:02 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Well, after a handful of annoying rumble matches I finished up the void damage bounty so I'll hop into the summoning pits alone as a sunsinger and post results.

Heh, good luck.

There is a room you can sit in to "hide" where a shrieker spawns, but don't kill it. The enemies that come after get much harder.

You can safely run by it and retreat to the room before it (where you came in) which is what I had to do several times.

This isn't full proof though, because you need to kill the actual enemies supporting phogoth. The ones that spawn in that room don't count- they only spawn to stop campers so killing them gets you nothing!

:D

Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS

by HavokBlue, California, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 06:13 (3516 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Just reached the Dinklebot door and already reconsidering.

The hallowed knights are the issue.

Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 06:26 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Hey Havok. Just out of interest, what level are you?

by HavokBlue, California, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 06:33 (3516 days ago) @ The Woaf

2 light from 27

Xygor the Unwed question

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 06:44 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

You gotta embrace the cheese of the doorwa before phogoth

Maybe possible, if you're more determined than me

by HavokBlue, California, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 07:07 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

But I don't have the patience to keep trying solo right now. Gonna go farm spirit bloom in circles instead!

Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 08:04 (3516 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Heh, good luck.

There is a room you can sit in to "hide" where a shrieker spawns, but don't kill it. The enemies that come after get much harder.

The problem with Killing the Shrieker is that his death usually equals your death, as his homing bolts can follow you home and fly down the chimney...

You can safely run by it and retreat to the room before it (where you came in) which is what I had to do several times.

This isn't full proof though, because you need to kill the actual enemies supporting phogoth. The ones that spawn in that room don't count- they only spawn to stop campers so killing them gets you nothing!

They despawn along with the Shrieker, which has a ~15 second timer. It's pretty pointless to waste ammo during this period.

:D

The best advice that I can give is to kill as many Knights and gun-wielding acolytes as you can when you first arrive, then work on the melee enemies. This helps control the influx of enemies, and helps keep less enemies shooting at you. From what I've heard, Phogoth can actually damage the others, so there's that. I recommend doing it as a pair, with one person sacrificing himself outside, whittling down the enemies as best as he can until he triggers the third dropship.

When I did it with Rev, I used my super-secret Korny Korner to help take out the enemies and first two dropships while Rev hid in the room behind the Shrieker room, and when the third dropship was approaching, we switched places, so he could pack on the hurt.

When I helped Bonkle, we both actually went after Xyor, which finished him much faster, but is much riskier, since a wipe starts you over from the beginning.

Also, killing Phogoth gets you nothing, which is a real bummer, so go to orbit as soon as you get it.

Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 08:08 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

This is where my solo attempt ended. I made it to the third wave before the trio of Wizards and their Knights took me out. When the respawn took me back to the first wave, I threw in the towel.

-Disciple

My friend solo'd it; link to writeup inside

by Thorn Harvestar, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 08:49 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

My friend did it solo a week or so ago.

He did a writeup of how he did it, here:
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/69931884/0/0

Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 10:02 (3516 days ago) @ Korny

Is your super secret korny hole in to top of those those rocks on the far left when you enter the room? Because that's actually the super secret bluerunner hole.

Kar's Korner, Cody's Corner, and now Korny's Korner

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 13:15 (3516 days ago) @ Korny

So many corners. So many hard consonants.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread