Fireteam Alpha Regroup: Monday 5:30pm (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 16:57 (3513 days ago)

Fireteam Alpha is going to lay the smackdown on Atheon tomorrow night at 5:30 (Pacific). If the entire original team cannot make it, then we'll need substitutes; if you'd like to be contacted, let me know here!

[image]

Fireteam Alpha Regroup: Monday 5:30pm

by Laird, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 17:04 (3513 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

I'm willing to give Atheon some more Super Good Advice...

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 17:56 (3513 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Tactics question

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, October 06, 2014, 10:40 (3513 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I've upgraded Super Good Advice to get the "Crowd Control" perk; it now does bonus damage to targets for a short period after a kill. The thing is I don't know what the bonus is or how long that bonus lasts...

I'm wondering if the damage premium makes it worthwhile to kill a grunt-level target with it before engaging Atheon in the Vault's last fight. Is the loss in ammo and firing time justified by the bonus? I can't tell, and would welcome others' analysis.

-- Steve's horrible at quantifying these things; he's usually too busy trying to hit targets to note the details.

Tactics question

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, October 06, 2014, 12:39 (3512 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I've upgraded Super Good Advice to get the "Crowd Control" perk; it now does bonus damage to targets for a short period after a kill. The thing is I don't know what the bonus is or how long that bonus lasts...

I'm wondering if the damage premium makes it worthwhile to kill a grunt-level target with it before engaging Atheon in the Vault's last fight. Is the loss in ammo and firing time justified by the bonus? I can't tell, and would welcome others' analysis.

-- Steve's horrible at quantifying these things; he's usually too busy trying to hit targets to note the details.

Had an assault rifle that gave bonus damage after reloading after a kill. What a mouthfull. Anyway, the bonus lasted about half the next clip, and it was a 66 round magazine. Pretty awesome, but not a huuuuuge difference against bosses thanks to their absurd health pool.

I say when the time comes, should you have an unfortunate mook in your sights on the way to Atheon, go ahead and pick him off. If you've got to look for a target, I'd say don't waste your time, as Time is ticking.

Thanks!

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, October 06, 2014, 13:56 (3512 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

I'll be there!

by Zero @, Florida, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 18:17 (3513 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Atheon is going down!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 18:36 (3513 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Streaming the fight

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, October 06, 2014, 17:03 (3512 days ago) @ Beorn

I'll be streaming the fight on the DBO Twitch page. We start in half an hour…

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread