360 Raid: Saturday Oct. 18th, 9am PST (Recruitment)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 22:34 (3507 days ago)

With the Vault shattered on Xbox One, it's time for me to do the raid with some 360 friends! Anyone interested in an Xbox 360 raid run this Saturday, October 18th, starting at 9am PST? Previous raid experience is not required, but a microphone and a positive attitude are! ;-)

You know the drill: Post your class, level, and Gamertag here. We'll go until the fireteam's full.

YUP. Warlock, 29, Funkmon.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 05:41 (3507 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

360 Raid: Saturday Oct. 18th, 9am PST

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 07:12 (3507 days ago) @ Beorn

Okay, if my chat is working, I'm in. (Oh wait, this is 360, my chat should be working.)

Beorn, I think you asked me about this, and I said I'd check my calendar. I can devote 4-5 hours Saturday.

Hunter 29 XenosKB, only if you need me

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 07:14 (3507 days ago) @ Beorn

360 purists should get first dibs, but I'll help even without rewards :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 07:57 (3507 days ago) @ Beorn

With the Vault shattered on Xbox One, it's time for me to do the raid with some 360 friends! Anyone interested in an Xbox 360 raid run this Saturday, October 18th, starting at 9am PST? Previous raid experience is not required, but a microphone and a positive attitude are! ;-)

You know the drill: Post your class, level, and Gamertag here. We'll go until the fireteam's full.

I don't know what my Saturday will look like completely yet, but I want to do this, so:

Titan, 27 (might be 28 soon), Defender

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 09:50 (3507 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by General Vagueness, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 09:53

I just got to 23... it's not doable, is it?
Since I'm asking, I'm sure this has been talked about and answered but I didn't pay much attention because it wasn't anything I could achieve soon until now, what is the recommended minimum level, and what's recommended as far as weapons and armor? I have one legendary armor piece (chest armor, AOS#Cryptid with some upgrades), one legendary weapon (FWC's scout rifle that I got as a reward), and my first legendary engram (which hopefully will be legendary gauntlets), and tons of rare (blue) items. I also have a defense of 720-ish (which I could bump up a lot by switching helmets), and Gunslinger almost completely unlocked (not a lot of progress for Bladedancer though). I'm Gnrl Vagueness on XBL if you want to take a closer look.
Also I heard something about level affecting abilities, what's the deal there (and is that a big concern in minimum level)?
I really want to get to the raid before I can't find anyone that either hasn't done it or isn't willing to let me (and any other raid noobs) figure things out for ourselves.

by Laird, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 10:04 (3507 days ago) @ Beorn

Titan striker/defender lots of shiny weapons & leveling my raid armor.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, October 16, 2014, 10:36 (3507 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I just got to 23... it's not doable, is it?
Since I'm asking, I'm sure this has been talked about and answered but I didn't pay much attention because it wasn't anything I could achieve soon until now, what is the recommended minimum level, and what's recommended as far as weapons and armor? I have one legendary armor piece (chest armor, AOS#Cryptid with some upgrades), one legendary weapon (FWC's scout rifle that I got as a reward), and my first legendary engram (which hopefully will be legendary gauntlets), and tons of rare (blue) items. I also have a defense of 720-ish (which I could bump up a lot by switching helmets), and Gunslinger almost completely unlocked (not a lot of progress for Bladedancer though). I'm Gnrl Vagueness on XBL if you want to take a closer look.
Also I heard something about level affecting abilities, what's the deal there (and is that a big concern in minimum level)?
I really want to get to the raid before I can't find anyone that either hasn't done it or isn't willing to let me (and any other raid noobs) figure things out for ourselves.

You've got a ways to go yet, and I doubt you'll find a lack of newbies or people willing to help without spoiling anything. I was 25 during the first part of my first time through, and you reach a point where you're just not effective. (You can't kill enemies.) I was 26 when I finished it. If and when I take other characters through, I'll probably wait until they're 27 unless I running with a team full of 27+ guardians.

BTW: I couldn't get my internet connection to work.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, October 18, 2014, 17:07 (3505 days ago) @ Beorn

Until later. Troubleshooting that was a bitch. Then I saw you guys done doing it. :(. Did all go well?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread