Bungie, please accelerate Raid gear distribution. (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:20 (3488 days ago)
edited by petetheduck, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:29

I've now completed the Raid on normal 5 times. I've received 2 pieces of Raid gear: both boots.

We're talking about 35 days of play. 35 days of trying to acquire 3 pieces of gear. What kind of ducked up timeframe does Bungie INTEND for this acquisition to require?

Edit: fixed subject line to avoid being too presumptuous about Bungie's intentions

Bungie, please accelerate Raid gear distribution.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:37 (3488 days ago) @ petetheduck

I've completed it twice, been most of the way through 3(+?) times, & all I've gotten are weapons, chatterwhite, titan marks, & ascendant materials. I question if I'll ever get any armor.

by Monochron, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:50 (3488 days ago) @ dogcow

I've completed it twice, been most of the way through 3(+?) times, & all I've gotten are weapons, chatterwhite, titan marks, & ascendant materials. I question if I'll ever get any armor.

Jeez dude, weapons and titan marks would be great, I have gotten nothing but Ascendant materials.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 31, 2014, 13:48 (3488 days ago) @ petetheduck

i've completed 6 times (5 normal, 1 hard), have only gotten the 1 par of boots. I have 1 praedeth's revenge, 1 spirit of confluence, 1 glass minuet, 1 truth (from a chest), 1 shotgun, 6 Chatterwhites, and a crap ton of ascendant materials.

I have been lucky in the weapon dept, would really love some more armor though. I just leveled up a second warlock yesterday, so i intend to run it twice a week now.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 11:57 (3487 days ago) @ petetheduck

I've now completed the Raid on normal 5 times. I've received 2 pieces of Raid gear: both boots.

You have options:

1. Create two new characters of the same class and run the raid 3x a week.
2. Run it on hard mode. Loot drops are separate between difficulty levels.

I sure would love Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence, and a few other weapons, but not enough to do number 1. The question is really whether you are now having fun, or if it's all about gear.

If it's about gear, you should just put the game down in my opinion, since you are bound for further wasted time and disappointment. Easy to say maybe since I reached level 30 weeks ago, but I did so without trying for gear; it was just a consequence of me having a good time with the raid.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 13:27 (3487 days ago) @ petetheduck

I got my second warlock leveled up and did the raid last night. I got chatter white, atheon's epilogue, and ascendant material. Still no armor, other than a single pair of boots in 7 runs. Been lucky with the weapon drops though.

by petetheduck, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 13:32 (3487 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. Create two new characters of the same class and run the raid 3x a week.

I started a second Warlock. It's currently level 12 and I don't know if I feel like grinding it the rest of the way. When I load it up I just keep thinking that this is not the way Destiny is meant to be played.

2. Run it on hard mode. Loot drops are separate between difficulty levels.

The last time I tried hard mode, the only weapon I had maxed was Atheon's Epilogue. It was less effective than I would have liked. I've put my focus on maxing out my scout rifle, void shotgun, and void heavy machine gun. They're all within 3-4 upgrades of max now. I suppose since everyone is telling me 29s can do it, getting these weapons to max might help make it happen.

Are there any checkpoints before the Oracle sequence during the Templar fight? We kept losing people while defending the central conflux, I can't imagine getting all the way through to the Oracles without any second chances.

I sure would love Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence, and a few other weapons, but not enough to do number 1. The question is really whether you are now having fun, or if it's all about gear.

If it's about gear, you should just put the game down in my opinion, since you are bound for further wasted time and disappointment. Easy to say maybe since I reached level 30 weeks ago, but I did so without trying for gear; it was just a consequence of me having a good time with the raid.

I agree, fortunately I am having fun. When I find myself not having fun, like when I'm grinding a second Warlock and questioning things, I stop and switch to a different activity that I enjoy.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 13:37 (3487 days ago) @ petetheduck

Yes, there us a checkpoint after the confluxes, before the oracles.

by petetheduck, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 13:39 (3487 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I meant before the Oracle sequence, such as between defending the left and the right and having to defend all 3, or something like that.

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 14:07 (3487 days ago) @ petetheduck

I meant before the Oracle sequence, such as between defending the left and the right and having to defend all 3, or something like that.

Not between each of those, no. Yo have to complete the entire conflux sequence before getting the checkpoint before the oracles sequence.

by Orange Chikin, Sunday, November 02, 2014, 15:45 (3485 days ago) @ petetheduck

Ah, I know this feeling all too well. I've done the raid over 30 times between my characters. Made an extra Hunter just to try farming raid gear. After doing the raid about 20 times(I often did normal and then hard each week) I finally got enough gear to get to 30 and I still don't even have the raid chest. I also have not gotten a Mythoclast after about 10 runs on hard. :(

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, November 03, 2014, 13:17 (3485 days ago) @ Monochron

Guess I need to look on the bright side :). Thanks to RNG someone's else probably has it worse. I was pretty happy w/ my titan mark the first time I got it, and I'm mostly happy with my 2 weapons. I'm looking forward to running it tomorrow & seeing what turns up.

First Chest on Hard?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, November 03, 2014, 13:22 (3485 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Last week I ran the raid once on Normal and started it a 2nd time on Hard. The first chest on Hard didn't have anything in it, is that normal? Nobody wanted to bother continuing after our first wipe, without being positive there would be more rewards. Did we encounter a bug, or does the first chest not contain anything your second time through (first time on hard) in a week?

First Chest on Hard?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, November 03, 2014, 13:33 (3484 days ago) @ dogcow

I was under the impression that you could get a second reward from drops but not chests. Could be wrong.

First Chest on Hard?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, November 03, 2014, 17:52 (3484 days ago) @ dogcow

I've heard that, if you've already collected it on normal, the first chest on hard is always empty because getting the door open isn't any harder on normal than it is on hard. I assume there's stuff in the other chests, but I haven't made it through the first encounter on hard to find out.

-Disciple

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread