What is the scariest thing you saw/had happen in Destiny? (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Friday, October 31, 2014, 15:26 (3475 days ago)

On this here Halloween, I'm really curious to know if anyone has come across anything spooky or scary, whether in Crucible or throughout the game world.

I would say that the first time I ever saw a Gorgon was the spookiest/scariest type of thing. I had dropped down this huge endless abyss but somehow never died. The fall was scary enough, but landing on some rock that was still far above the area down below and zooming in with a sniper rifle on what looked like a spooky ghost floating around definitely wasn't what I expected.

I remember letting my team know that there were actual ghost-like things floating around, what looked like ghost Harpies, but I didn't know what was up. So, like all stupid people in horror movies do, rather than waiting for back-up or going the other way, I decided the smart move would be to investigate! I dropped all the way down, followed one for a bit, it didn't seem to notice or care, so I decided that I would try to kill it.

As many of you know, that was just a horrible, horrible idea. All of a sudden it makes this ridiculous noise, turns around, goes into attack mode... but never fires back? And my screen starts getting darker? And its health really wasn't going anywhere? And then EVERYONE died? Yeah, that's some messed up stuff right there. We didn't even attempt to try and kill a Gorgon again until maybe the third time we tried the Raid.

As for Crucible, I'd say the scariest thing I've come across is having two blade dancers charge me at once, and somehow barely managing to pull off my Titan Hulk Smash Super to kill them both. Seeing them warp charge in at you is scary enough, but trying to jam the bumpers before they slice me to bits under unexpected pressure definitely spiked the adrenaline. Those blade dancers sure can be spooky.

What is the scariest thing you saw/had happen in Destiny?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 31, 2014, 18:36 (3475 days ago) @ Avateur

As for Crucible, I'd say the scariest thing I've come across is having two blade dancers charge me at once, and somehow barely managing to pull off my Titan Hulk Smash Super to kill them both. Seeing them warp charge in at you is scary enough, but trying to jam the bumpers before they slice me to bits under unexpected pressure definitely spiked the adrenaline. Those blade dancers sure can be spooky.

Whoah. Hope you saved a clip of that, it sounds awesome!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, October 31, 2014, 20:49 (3475 days ago) @ Avateur

I saw some people having fun and enjoying themselves a few times.

It was pure hell!

by Avateur @, Friday, October 31, 2014, 22:45 (3475 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I didn't ask you about the scariest thing you saw in Halo 4. I said Destiny. ;)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 31, 2014, 23:06 (3475 days ago) @ Avateur

You win. Ain't nothin' gonna top that.

by Psyrixx, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 19:15 (3474 days ago) @ Avateur

I found that it wasn't at all what I was expecting, and the slow realization that it's never going to be anywhere close to what I was led to believe.

Pretty horrifying.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread