These weekly updates are getting less and less interesting (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, October 31, 2014, 15:48 (3475 days ago)

- No text -

Really?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 31, 2014, 15:53 (3475 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I found a number of things interesting:

* Everyone is getting an extra 5 bounty slots when The Dark Below comes out, even if you don't buy the expansion.
* Introduction of Quests in The Dark Below.
* They do have a plan to make sure our current exotics still have a place in our inventory.

Not a huge amount of detail, but enough to make me happy.

Really?

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, October 31, 2014, 16:37 (3475 days ago) @ Xenos

I feel like they are missing the point with the bounty quest things. People wanted more story like in the exotics in the main game, in the cutscenes and things.

I don't think people wanted the story to be done like the exotic bounties.

Like I want the cool bounty story stuff in the cutscenes, in the voice acting.

Really?

by ckamp, Friday, October 31, 2014, 17:04 (3475 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I feel like they are missing the point with the bounty quest things. People wanted more story like in the exotics in the main game, in the cutscenes and things.

I don't think people wanted the story to be done like the exotic bounties.

Like I want the cool bounty story stuff in the cutscenes, in the voice acting.

This is my concern as well. I want a crafted main story, told in the way that multimedia games can leverage. This is what Destiny is sorely lacking. The terminals worked as text in Halo 3 because they had a mostly solid main story arc that they supplemented. I don't mind obscure stuff like that as text- in fact, it makes you feel a bit like you discovered something and that is pretty fun. But right now, the text is the only stuff that tells interesting stories in Destiny, and that is a problem.

Perhaps I need to reread the update, but I'm confused as to whether there are quests and story missions, or are the story missions just being told as quests now.

They are separate

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 31, 2014, 17:49 (3475 days ago) @ ckamp

Perhaps I need to reread the update, but I'm confused as to whether there are quests and story missions, or are the story missions just being told as quests now.

In the second answer he says "Without spoiling the details, Crota’s summoning is a multifaceted ritual that has implications for Story missions, Quests, the “Will of Crota” Strike, and the “Crota’s End” Raid." So they are listed as separate activities.

They are separate

by ckamp, Friday, October 31, 2014, 20:54 (3475 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks, that sounds good then.

Conveniently glossed over PS exclusive strike. Lame.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Sunday, November 02, 2014, 09:23 (3473 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Lame because...

by kornman00, Monday, November 03, 2014, 03:17 (3472 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

...you're a PS user and want to know more about your goat-damn-exclusives, or because you're an Xbox user and want to know more about what it exactly these pesky PS fiends are getting, but we're not :p?

I really hope Sony gave them an awesome massage for doing timed-exclusives for the PS. 'Cause I'm butthurt.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread