Game Freezing and Just Some Musings (Destiny)

by Xmoose v3, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 06:05 (3474 days ago)

Hi all,

I didn't think I'd ever get Destiny, I mainly bought the Xbox One for MCC and the fact I needed a Blu Ray player lol. I didn't really follow the production nor did I watch any vidocs. I think I only saw one trailer and the game just didn't really appeal to me. But I was as the store, it was on special and thought I'd support Bungie, the people who brought me Halo. I did hear Joe and Marty had left during production which was sad to hear and wondered if their departures would have any significant impact on the game.

Anyway like others I definitely feel something went down in regards to the story side of things. The story is definitely lacking a Bungie polish. I read a few of those reddit posts and wondered how much truth they had. I've also read a bit about Marty's departure but has Joe said much at all about his departure at all? and has he made any comments about the final game?

Anyway my game freezing glitch. Does anyone else's game freeze prior to just entering a crucible match, in the spaceship loading screen? It's happened multiple times, its not to big a deal but that's the only place where the game has frozen. I also thought due to the fact it's installed to the HDD I shouldn't experience this issue.

Anyway really hoping to do a raid on normal sometime soon so hopefully get to play with some of you soon!

Cheers

Happens to me too (PS4)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 06:13 (3474 days ago) @ Xmoose v3

It seems to be a result of navigating the pause menu. If you're already in the menu its fine, but if you try to open it at the wrong moment (presumably at some transition point between matchmakIng and actually loading the map) it freezes.

Also seems to happen when you change pages in the menu.

Happens to me too (PS4)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 14:02 (3474 days ago) @ someotherguy

Yeah it only happens to me when in the character etc menu during the ship flying/loading state before a round.

Huh, yeah I've never had any freezing

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 07:18 (3474 days ago) @ Xmoose v3

Been returned to orbit plenty of times, but never any freezing.

Game Freezing and Just Some Musings

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 07:40 (3474 days ago) @ Xmoose v3

I had mine freeze up for the first time last night.

But anyways welcome to the party! Destiny is better with friends! There is a handy spreadsheet with gamertags/console of choice at the top of the forum page or here. Feel free to add me! (I'll also be getting MCC so yay!)

Game Freezing and Just Some Musings

by empty set, Saturday, November 01, 2014, 09:05 (3474 days ago) @ Xmoose v3

Anyway really hoping to do a raid on normal sometime soon so hopefully get to play with some of you soon!

Cheers

re: freezing. Happened to me several times, usually at the loading screen prior to a crucible match, and almost always coming out of menu. I'm also a digital copy on XB1.

Game freezes on PS3 also. Kinda reminds me of Skyrim.

by GrandmasterNinja, Monday, November 03, 2014, 01:56 (3472 days ago) @ Xmoose v3

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread