Newbie Raid on 360 for 9AM EST Nov 8/9 (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 03, 2014, 18:54 (3471 days ago)

Thinking about putting together a mostly newbie group to tackle the raid on normal difficulty around 9 AM Eastern the weekend of November 8/9. All welcome, but consider joining the Rampancy group/clan at least temporarily if you don't already have the Raiding Party achievement.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/146

Newbie Raid on 360 for 9AM EST Nov 8/9

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:06 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen

I should be able to hit the 9th. Never tried it before.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:55 (3471 days ago) @ Morpheus

I should be able to hit the 9th. Never tried it before.

Since I think we'll mostly be newbies, I'm not sure how far we'll get in the first session, so the 9th may end up as a continuation of what we start on the 8th.

That's totally fine, but I also understand from some people that it seems they don't get credit for completing the vault if they join in later; having not done it myself, I have no idea if this is true or not. I've so far studiously avoided most how to videos about the vault.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 03, 2014, 22:24 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen

Since I think we'll mostly be newbies, I'm not sure how far we'll get in the first session, so the 9th may end up as a continuation of what we start on the 8th.

I thought it was all in one sitting, like a Strike?

That's totally fine, but I also understand from some people that it seems they don't get credit for completing the vault if they join in later; having not done it myself, I have no idea if this is true or not. I've so far studiously avoided most how to videos about the vault.

Pfft, that's fine. I don't get credit for half the shit I do anyway. XD

Even when I do, it's always Axiom Coven and Nemesis Plane. All 178's and down. Sucks.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 03, 2014, 23:06 (3471 days ago) @ Morpheus

I thought it was all in one sitting, like a Strike?

It's sort of like a series of strikes, with checkpoints in between. I think it is not uncommon for a first run to take hours given the need to figure out the mechanics of how to advance.

Even when I do, it's always Axiom Coven and Nemesis Plane. All 178's and down. Sucks.

Or as I call them, Hadronic Essence.

First Time

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 11:49 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen

It took us 11+ hours the first time even with some people along who already knew what was going on. The second time I ran it with a bunch or people who knew what was going on and we finished it in 2.5 hours.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:49 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen
edited by General Vagueness, Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:54

I'm finally leveled up enough, so I'd love to.
I know you advocate going in blind, and I really wanted to; will this be a chance to do that? If not, I'll probably wait.
This is me: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018430224533/2305843009219629106 level 27 Hunter, Gunslinger fully unlocked, Bladedancer close
I'm slightly concerned outside of the figuring it out factor-- I heard your weapons were very important to doing well, and in particular having legendary or exotic weapons. I'm also somewhat lacking in the void weapons department, which I understand is important; I have a rare void sniper, an uncommon void machine gun, and an uncommon void rocket launcher (I don't want to let go of the rocket launcher because it has the secondary explosion perk and can fire twice before reloading, but it has under 100 attack, which is way less than most or all of my other weapons, so if I can find a stronger one, I'll keep it). Should I wait until I get better weapons?
My details, if you prefer to read them or can't get to b.net: I have a bunch of rare weapons, a few uncommons, a legendary primary (The Calling, FWC scout rifle, I got it as a reward), and an exotic heavy (Super Good Advice, a machine gun, from a bounty), and my rare hand cannon hits harder than my legendary scout rifle and has similar but seemingly shorter kill times, at least for now; I don't know if that means that advice about weapons wasn't so great, or if the rifle just isn't so great.
As I said I have Gunslinger fully unlocked and Bladedancer almost fully unlocked, I just have the last four traits/abilities left; I should have at least one or two more unlocked by Saturday.
As for the armor, I just got all kitted out with legendaries and an exotic. The exotic is fully upgraded (Crest of Alpha Lupi, courtesy of Xur; the faster revives might help and I'm sure the extra orbs will) and the gauntlets are close, with the helmet a little behind and the boots basically brand new. Once I upgrade my legendaries all the way I should be at 28, and I can get really close to that if not all the way there by Saturday.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:53 (3471 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I know you advocate going in blind, and I really wanted to; will this be a chance to do that? If not, I'll probably wait.

Almost. I have glitched into the first sequence and seen a little of it, but not completed it. I think we'll probably have at least 1-2 players who have completed it, but we're going to ask them to keep mum about the details.

This is me: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018430224533/2305843009219629106 level 27 Hunter, Gunslinger fully unlocked, Bladedancer close
I'm slightly concerned outside of the figuring it out factor-- I heard your weapons were very important to doing well, and in particular having legendary or exotic weapons. I have a bunch of rares, a few uncommons, a legendary primary (The Calling, FWC scout rifle, I got it as a reward), and an exotic heavy (Super Good Advice, a machine gun, from a bounty), and my rare hand cannon hits harder than my legendary scout rifle and has similar but seemingly shorter kill times, at least for now; I don't know if that means that advice wasn't so great, or if the rifle just isn't so great. I'm also slightly lacking in the void weapons department, which I understand is important; I have a rare void sniper, an uncommon void machine gun, and an uncommon void rocket launcher (I don't want to let go of the rocket launcher because it has the secondary explosion perk and can fire twice before reloading, but it has under 100 attack, which is way less than most or all of my other weapons, so if I can find a stronger one, I'll keep it).

I think we'll have a pretty good range. I've got legendary void snipers, machine guns and rocket launchers, and I know some other players do as well, along with a range of exotics (although I don't think I have a void exotic).

My other details, if you prefer to read them or can't get to b.net: as I said I have Gunslinger fully unlocked and Bladedancer almost fully unlocked, I just have the last four traits/abilities left; I should have at least one or two more unlocked by Saturday. As for the armor, I just got all kitted out with legendaries and an exotic. The exotic is fully upgraded (Crest of Alpha Lupi, courtesy of Xur; the faster revives might help and I'm sure the extra orbs will) and the gauntlets are close, with the helmet a little behind and the boots basically brand new. Once I upgrade my legendaries all the way I should be at 28, and I can get really close to that if not all the way there by Saturday.

I think that's pretty good. I'm about 28.5 right now and I think we'll have at least one 29 and another 28.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:57 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen
edited by General Vagueness, Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:00

Almost. I have glitched into the first sequence and seen a little of it, but not completed it. I think we'll probably have at least 1-2 players who have completed it, but we're going to ask them to keep mum about the details.

awesome

I think we'll have a pretty good range. I've got legendary void snipers, machine guns and rocket launchers, and I know some other players do as well, along with a range of exotics (although I don't think I have a void exotic).

so I shouldn't worry, cool

My other details, if you prefer to read them or can't get to b.net: as I said I have Gunslinger fully unlocked and Bladedancer almost fully unlocked, I just have the last four traits/abilities left; I should have at least one or two more unlocked by Saturday. As for the armor, I just got all kitted out with legendaries and an exotic. The exotic is fully upgraded (Crest of Alpha Lupi, courtesy of Xur; the faster revives might help and I'm sure the extra orbs will) and the gauntlets are close, with the helmet a little behind and the boots basically brand new. Once I upgrade my legendaries all the way I should be at 28, and I can get really close to that if not all the way there by Saturday.

I think that's pretty good. I'm about 28.5 right now and I think we'll have at least one 29 and another 28.

Great, so I guess that's set then? I sent a clan join request; I'll stick around until after we finish and then rejoin DBO. The time's pretty early for me (you did mean to put AM, right?) but I'll do everything I can to make sure I'm there. Do we go in at 9:00 or do we meet up at 9:00?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:03 (3471 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Great, so I guess that's set then? I sent a clan join request; I'll stick around until after we finish and then rejoin DBO. The time's pretty early for me (you did mean to put AM, right?) but I'll do everything I can to make sure I'm there. Do we go in at 9:00 or do we meet up at 9:00?

Yeah, 9 AM for meetup. I'm at EST+11, so getting times to match up for everyone is a bit tough. Early evenings and late nights are the best chances.

Sign me up

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 02:53 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen

GT: Masterxtp1

This is the Warlock I intend to use. I'm maxed out on both Sunsinger and Voidwalker.

I'm not entirely happy with my weapon loadout, though. The Scout Rifle with Firefly is great for mobs (especially Thralls :D ), but feels a bit too slow for big baddies. I'm sitting on 100+ Vanguard Marks, so I might just buy a Vanguard AR. I'm also sitting on a Pocket Infinity bounty and expect to wrap it up Friday.

Sign me down

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 06, 2014, 08:58 (3469 days ago) @ ZackDark

RL is one long string of suck...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 04:12 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen

I'm not totally new, but I still have not finished it, and have only followed along a couple of times. If you need one more I would be happy to help, and will keep my mouth shut unless asked for advice.

I should be able to join

by Monochron, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 05:20 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen

Having only run the Raid once I'm still pretty new at it. And I'll keep quite if you want to go in blind :)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 09:48 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen

Hey, I'd like to try the raid out. I'm in the Level 24 doldrums so I don't know if I'll be able to, but if there's still a slot open on Sat and I've leveled enough, I'd love to give it a shot! :D

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 11:29 (3471 days ago) @ narcogen

Thinking about putting together a mostly newbie group to tackle the raid on normal difficulty around 9 AM Eastern the weekend of November 8/9. All welcome, but consider joining the Rampancy group/clan at least temporarily if you don't already have the Raiding Party achievement.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/146

This video is going to be amazing.

Look for it to be released in 10 parts sometime in January.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 00:08 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Please post gamertags

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 19:11 (3470 days ago) @ narcogen

Forgot to note-- please post your Gamertags!

Please post gamertags

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 22:23 (3470 days ago) @ narcogen

Gnrl Vagueness

Roster of 9

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 03:14 (3470 days ago) @ narcogen

Ok, I've got a roster of 9 now, but we'll see who can actually make it and shows up on Saturday.

We'd very much like to include everyone's voice in the recording on our Mumble server.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net

There are clients for Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, iOS and Android.

The server is rampancy.net. Message me on XBL or email me at narcogen@rampancy.net for the password if you don't already know it. I'll try to figure out how to route XBL voice chat through the system if I can as well, but I don't expect everyone would be wearing two headsets, and coordination will certainly be important.

Funkmon suggests plumble for Android.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 10:58 (3470 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

Roster of 9

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 12:36 (3470 days ago) @ narcogen

I'll log in before 9, and on the off chance that you won't have enough people, I'm willing to pitch in. If completing the Raid twice counts, then I'm not a newbie, but the Raid is far from old hat for me, and I can keep quiet.

Roster of 9

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, November 07, 2014, 22:34 (3467 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll log in before 9, and on the off chance that you won't have enough people, I'm willing to pitch in. If completing the Raid twice counts, then I'm not a newbie, but the Raid is far from old hat for me, and I can keep quiet.

Awesome! I think the list is 8 now with ZackDark having to bail, but I should also be around up to an hour in advance to help people get on the chat (mumble). Ideally everyone will be on it, and first six to get on Mumble will be the roster!

Four Online Now

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, November 08, 2014, 05:50 (3467 days ago) @ narcogen

Got two open slots left-- next two users on the Mumble server get them!

Four Online Now

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, November 08, 2014, 06:38 (3467 days ago) @ narcogen

Sorry, got tied up with something this morning. I'll hop on in a little while, but don't wait on me.

Four Online Now

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, November 08, 2014, 07:36 (3467 days ago) @ bluerunner

Sorry, got tied up with something this morning. I'll hop on in a little while, but don't wait on me.

Look us up when you get online, we made it into the Templar fight, but one of the group had to leave, so there is one spot.

Will help if you can use Mumble for chat.

mumble.sourceforge.net

server
rampancy.net

Anyone Up For A Followup Today?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 06:47 (3466 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

So...Did We All Forget Yesterday?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 10, 2014, 11:36 (3465 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

So...Did We All Forget Yesterday?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 10, 2014, 17:56 (3465 days ago) @ Morpheus

No, the same group that started the raid on Saturday completed it on Sunday. Sorry, we just had too many players for six slots. I think we may do it again soon, though!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread