Templar calms after Enrage? (Destiny)

by wintermuteprime, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 06:52 (3471 days ago)

I had a checkpoint in the VoG just prior to the Templar fight, so last night, before the rest, I decided I would poke around solo, just to see if there was anything interesting. I grabbed the Relic, because I also wanted more practice with it, since you almost never get to handle the thing, unless you're the 'Relic-bearer'.

So I'm smashing harpies and chilling, and sometimes I'll fire off a shot at the Templar, and I'm just looking at different spots for a group to chill and hold off the bad guys. I kill Oracles if I see them, don't hunt them down if I don't. No biggie.

I end up going over in the Venus chest room when he goes Enraged, and then the Oracles start going crazy with their super-fast Marked Marked Marked Marked crap...so I leave the room, and kill the first two Oracles you come to by where the Left Conflux normally spawns, and then headed over and chilled by the Right Conflux.

I killed no enemies during this time. All the Minotaurs and Harpies were cool...they were chilling in some sort of pre-designated coordinates over on the 'front' of the map, near where you initially jump down to start the battles. I was out of their range so they didn't harass me. Once in a while, one would fire off a random shot when I killed one of the two upstairs Oracles (the front-most one in the area), but that was it.

I spent the next couple of minutes literally going back and forth between the front Oracle and back Oracle, killing the two over and over and over, until I had a super, then I fired it at the Templar, and repeated.

During this time, no other mobs spawned in. No Harpies, no Minotaurs, nada. Eventually, Oracles stopped spawning in. I was able to just sit behind a pillar, charge the Relic, and fire off shots at the Templar until he was dead.

I don't know if this means his 'Enrage' period actually 'ends' after a set point, or if there is an invisible maximum to the amount of mobs that he can/will spawn during the combat...obviously tweaked by number of player. The ONLY time I saw a Minotaur spawn during the time I was killing the two Oracles was when I accidentally fired a Super blast a tad bit low, and I heard a Minotaur scream...so I MUST have splashed him. He spawned in the caves behind, and I literally just avoided him. He ran right past me, down the stairs, and assumed a position somewhere out of sight.

Just some cool behaviors I noticed in the AI during the extended Enrage section. I literally think if you were patient enough, you could outlast all the extra mobs, and then just pick the Templar off at your leisure.

Also, solo'd the Templar. :)

Well Played Sir

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 08:18 (3471 days ago) @ wintermuteprime

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread