I miss fighting Halo Reach Elite AI (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 08:26 (3471 days ago)

Can we just port them into Destiny pretty please?

I miss fighting Halo Reach Elite AI

by Warlock Faeyrin ⌂, Yanille, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 08:44 (3471 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I too miss Elites whom were psychic, always knew when you were scoped in on them from miles away, and knew where you were behind walls.

not

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 08:49 (3471 days ago) @ Warlock Faeyrin

I'll take it over Valus "The Health Bar" "The pacing tank" Taulic, who has 2 spots he goes back and forth between while spamming missiles like some shitty mech anime.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 08:54 (3471 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Fallen Captains are pretty close to elites, assuming they're near your level and you don't have any heavy ammo.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 09:03 (3471 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The Fallen is my favorite faction.

I do wish instead of a stomp the big fallen used swords with their extra arms though. The stomp is boring and generic.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 09:07 (3471 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

The Fallen is my favorite faction.

I do wish instead of a stomp the big fallen used swords with their extra arms though. The stomp is boring and generic.

Give those giant bastards swords and make them aggressive like sword captains and it's over. Imagine fighting a sword archon in a space like the nexus where he's incessantly hunting you down.

Wrong.

by Warlock Faeyrin ⌂, Yanille, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 09:20 (3471 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

That's an inaccurate comparison. The closest to Elites in Destiny are Fallen Captains, and they are much more fair, without being boring bullet sponges.

He wasn't saying that was the closest comparison.

by Monochron, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 10:26 (3471 days ago) @ Warlock Faeyrin

- No text -

Then it's a worthless comparison.

by Warlock Faeyrin ⌂, Yanille, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 13:36 (3471 days ago) @ Monochron

- No text -

Not #1 != Must be worthless

by Monochron, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 16:42 (3471 days ago) @ Warlock Faeyrin

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 09:11 (3471 days ago) @ Warlock Faeyrin

I too miss Elites whom were psychic, always knew when you were scoped in on them from miles away, and knew where you were behind walls.

not

Uh, ALL the enemies in Destiny still do this, bub.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 09:17 (3471 days ago) @ Revenant1988

not

Uh, ALL the enemies in Destiny still do this, bub.

I think that this, while true, somewhat misses the point. The ubiquity of special ammo for your sniper makes this far less frustrating in Destiny. Rationing the rare sniper ammo you could find in halo, matched with the necessity for precision on consecutive shots, made hatting elites a great deal more frustrating.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 09:32 (3471 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Legendary Gold Elites in reach were a hoot, taking multiple plasma grenades or plasma pistol overcharges to take down their shields.

They were fun to fight, and they didn't have dumber AI. I guess I'd prefer smarter bosses with less adds than dumber bosses with more adds.

Like Sekrion is the worst boss in the game I was helping my brother with him last night and I hate that fight soo much.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 09:57 (3471 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

They were fun to fight, and they didn't have dumber AI. I guess I'd prefer smarter bosses with less adds than dumber bosses with more adds.

when all of your bosses are bullet sponges, you have to have adds to replenish your ammo. But yeah, i agree with you.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 10:50 (3471 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

You average Fallen Captain isn't quite a difficulty match for an Elite, but Captain Majors can be pretty fearsome while not being boss level bullet sponges.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread