Some parting thoughts at the turn (Destiny)

by yakaman, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 12:22 (3471 days ago)

No, I'm not done playing Destiny. Just done for while. Not two weeks after I stated how much left I had to do in Destiny, I ran out of stuff to do. I am nothing if not inconsistent.

This is a natural break for me. I hit level 29, with no real hope of progress. Completing the Raid once was great, but I have no interest in repeat runs just for phat lewts. So, I'm done for a bit as the MCC comes next week and DA:Inquisition the next. I'm certain I'll be back for the DLC in December.

I feel like Chapter 1 (Game 1, Book 1?) is in the books for Destiny, and want to summarize some final thoughts:

Story
Destiny's Story = Anakin Skywalker
Bungie = Obi-Wan Kenobi
Joe Staten = Qui-Gon Jin
Marty = Mace Windu
Activision = Palpatine

TODAY
Destiny's Story = Darth Vader
Bungie = Ben Kenobi
Joe Staten = ...
Marty = ...
Activision = The Emperor

So much potential, but now only a shadow of what might have been.

Crucible
Feels great at times, but I think that's mostly because Destiny's game play, aiming, shooting, jumping and everything else is so damned glorious. As far as I can tell, the game revolves around re-spawning and hoarding heavy ammo drops. I say that, because that's what I spend the vast majority of my time doing. Pretty sure I'd have avoided this completely if there had been no such thing as MP bounties or Crucible Marks.

Single-Player Experience

Loved it. Loved playing with my friends. Really enjoy the Vanguard Strikes and the Raid. Story mode gameplay was OK, and Patrols ranged from spontaneous fun to grindy filler. In general though, awesome.

TL;DR
I'll probably always return for new single-player content, but will only stay as long as that content can deliver. Crucible (MP) is a non-factor.

Are you saying the prequels are better?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 00:21 (3470 days ago) @ yakaman

- No text -

Let's not have religious arguments here :-)

by scarab @, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 06:49 (3470 days ago) @ Funkmon

Prequels sucked!

Are you saying the prequels are better?

by yakaman, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 10:40 (3470 days ago) @ Funkmon

Sweet lord, no. I'm comparing what happened to the characters themselves.

Palpatine (Activision) forced Anakin (the story) to become something else.

Anakin (the story) got all chopped up and became the diminished Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Bungie) was the one that chopped Anakin (the story) after Palpatine (Activision) made them, and became the demoralized (soul-crushed?) Ben Kenobi.

Qui-Gon (Joe Staten) discovered Anakin (the story) and wanted to make it the greatest ever. Sadly, he was disposed of by Darth Maul (Activision-y forces?) and agent of the Sith Dark Lord Palpatine (Activision). Without his guidance, Anakin (the story) was transformed into something dark and twisted by Palpatine (Activision).

Mace Windu (Marty) was so fucking cool he got a purple light-saber (don't know what that means), but got blown out a window when he refused to take the sh*t Palpatine (activision) was shoving into Anakin (the story).

Unfortunately, I can't figure out who Jar-Jar Binks is in this whole thing.

This thread wins

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 19:41 (3469 days ago) @ yakaman

That break down is spot on

It is your...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 20:42 (3469 days ago) @ yakaman

Sweet lord, no. I'm comparing what happened to the characters themselves.

Palpatine (Activision) forced Anakin (the story) to become something else.

Anakin (the story) got all chopped up and became the diminished Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Bungie) was the one that chopped Anakin (the story) after Palpatine (Activision) made them, and became the demoralized (soul-crushed?) Ben Kenobi.

Qui-Gon (Joe Staten) discovered Anakin (the story) and wanted to make it the greatest ever. Sadly, he was disposed of by Darth Maul (Activision-y forces?) and agent of the Sith Dark Lord Palpatine (Activision). Without his guidance, Anakin (the story) was transformed into something dark and twisted by Palpatine (Activision).

Mace Windu (Marty) was so fucking cool he got a purple light-saber (don't know what that means), but got blown out a window when he refused to take the sh*t Palpatine (activision) was shoving into Anakin (the story).

Unfortunately, I can't figure out who Jar-Jar Binks is in this whole thing.

*Takes a few moments to find words*

*Gasps*

Brilla..

I...

*mmm*

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread