Two lame nightfall rewards in a row (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 16:36 (3470 days ago)

2 weeks, two crappy legendary guns.

Good thing I'm not in it for the gear at this point. If I were Pete I'd be mad!

I didn't even know Nightfall gave rewards multiple times

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 16:52 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I didn't even know Nightfall gave rewards multiple times

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 06:19 (3470 days ago) @ ZackDark

It doesn't. You have to run it on multiple characters

Two lame nightfall rewards in a row

by petetheduck, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 17:00 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2 weeks, two crappy legendary guns.

Good thing I'm not in it for the gear at this point. If I were Pete I'd be mad!

Oh, I was mad until I finally got my full Nightfall armor set. Level 26 FTW, baby.

by Durandal, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 17:39 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

At least you got something. I didn't get anything the last two times I've run it.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 19:16 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And here I was thinking the only guns that existed now were only 178's...

Boy, your rewards suck! Easy Ascendancy, people willing to help on a strike (unless you were God enough to do it yourself), getting rewards in the first place, and after all that you still get only two crappy Legendary guns!

Meanwhile, I've memorized the same two damn Axion Covens and Nemesis Planes and three <178 Genghis, Sultan and Mos Ganons as the only thing I get for all the stuff I do. Other than the occasional public event reward (which is only two Rares(see above) cleverly disguised as a Legendary message), and the one Legendary I had enough special crap to afford, I haven't seen the color purple in 3 weeks of continuous play.

Doing a good 150 bounties has blessed me with some Exotic shells, but (except for one heavy which is entirely useless in Crucible) guess what? Out of the 500 million people playing Destiny, I can't get TWO to help me with two (now one) Strike(s)!

Man, you've got it bad.

POST EDIT:(sigh) ...okay, that was a bit much. I'm not trying to troll, I'm just saying your complaint is like slapping your parents for buying you a Le--

...okay, maybe not a Lexus, but I guess...a BMW.

This makes me wish all the more for Destiny item sharing. I really could use those guns right about now.

One of em's a Hand Cannon, isn't it?

And I could seriously also use two people to help me out for a brief time. Life really sucks when you give and give and still don't have any real friends.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 19:23 (3470 days ago) @ Morpheus

And I could seriously also use two people to help me out for a brief time. Life really sucks when you give and give and still don't have any real friends.

You are on the 360 right? Narcogen is organizing a raid further down. I'm sure some of them will play nightfall strikes with you.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 23:05 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I saw;I was the first one to join.

Unfortunately, Raids take days. And since we're all new, it'll take even longer. No one is going to want to do a Strike before, and DEFINITELY not next week, when this is all over. Not to mention, it's a little debilitating to have three different Exotic Bounties at once and not be able to do a thing with a single one of them. You can see why I want to do this ASAP.

But however, a small amount of light shone on me today. I managed to farm for some Engrams on the Moon. One of them had a Legendary Helmet. And for once, it was for my class. So with that, the Exotic Chest Plate and Legendary Shotgun I bought, and the other pieces I won so long ago, I finally can earn Suited For War.

by ckamp, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 00:09 (3470 days ago) @ Morpheus

I'll play a nightfall with you. GT: Robot Chickens

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 20:23 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just finished it with a couple of friends.

They each got 9 strange coins.

I got 7.

by Monochron, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 07:39 (3470 days ago) @ CyberKN

I was watching a strategy video where a guy got 5 Strange Coins. Wouldn't it suck to run the weekly heroic and get a guaranteed 9 Coins, then run the Nightfall and get 4 less coins than that? Not cool Bungie.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 07:48 (3470 days ago) @ Monochron

I was watching a strategy video where a guy got 5 Strange Coins. Wouldn't it suck to run the weekly heroic and get a guaranteed 9 Coins, then run the Nightfall and get 4 less coins than that? Not cool Bungie.

Last week's nightfall netted me an exotic helmet, and gave my teammate 10 strange coins.

Again, if you are playing these missions to chase RNG rewards you are going to have a bad time.

by Monochron, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 07:53 (3470 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Again, if you are playing these missions to chase RNG rewards you are going to have a bad time.

You need to modify the "RNG" in that though, because Nightfall guarantees higher quality rewards. Unfortunately, it has more wiggle room than I think is a good idea though.
And I would guess that the people who are playing them ONLY for the challenge are in a very small minority.

Gjanllahorn is the most fun rocket launcher I have used in the game, and I am more than willing to do hard challenges to unlock more fun experiences like that.

by Monochron, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 20:25 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So far I have lucked out but I just received a Dead Orbit Shotgun :/ Probably not going to be dropping my Invective for it.
I had previously gotten about 7 Ascendant Shards as one reward and Gjallahorn on the last one so I was pretty happy.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread