can someone explain how the auto rifle telemetry works? (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 07:48 (3470 days ago)

last week i got Atheon's epilogue in the raid. I was trying to level it up some yesterday before jumping into the raid again. I was on the damage boost that is right before the oracle damage boost (so i needed to level up 2 perks to get where i wanted).

So i did the nightfall with the "Auto rifle telemetry" that i got from Xur activated. Before i started i looked at where the progress circle was on the damage boost. It was at the 9 o'clock position.

I ran the entire nightfall mission, using the Epilogue almost exclusively. I switched to ice breaker whenever i needed to bust a solar shield, or get more ammo to drop due to Juggler being on.

After i finished the nightfall, i looked at my progress, it was still at the 9 o'clock position. This seemed odd, so i ran the daily story and used another telemetry. It still didn't move. I did patrol without a telemetry on to see if it would move and still didn't notice anything. when i finally turned in my bounties, it moved from the 9 o'clock position to the 11 o'clock position.

The only thing i can guess is that the epilogue takes so much XP to level up, that i was unable to perceive any movement until i turned in bounties?

can someone explain how the auto rifle telemetry works?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 07:59 (3470 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I'm guessing your conclusion is right, based on my own experience. Enemies themselves offer very low XP, if I remember my pre-20 days correctly. I'm guessing telemetry offers a relatively meager bonus.

Try running the daily story mission at 28, since it offers such a large XP bounty. That should help solidify things.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 08:49 (3470 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

In my experience, the daily story XP bonus only applies to armor. Which is lame.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 10:19 (3470 days ago) @ CyberKN

Now that you say it I think you're right.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 09:22 (3470 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

It's all about bounties.

The XP that you get from killing enemies is miniscule. However, the XP bonus that you get from completing bounties really speeds things up.

The best way to min/max your time is to select bounties that can be completed simultaneously. For example, I'll look for things like "Melee kill 30 enemies without dying" + "Complete strike X" + "Complete any strike without dying".

As soon as you cash in your bounties back in the tower, the XP rewards will give your weapons a big bump.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 09:30 (3470 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's all about bounties.

The XP that you get from killing enemies is miniscule. However, the XP bonus that you get from completing bounties really speeds things up.

The best way to min/max your time is to select bounties that can be completed simultaneously. For example, I'll look for things like "Melee kill 30 enemies without dying" + "Complete strike X" + "Complete any strike without dying".

As soon as you cash in your bounties back in the tower, the XP rewards will give your weapons a big bump.

Sure! This is my approach, too, but how does telemetry play into that? Do you turn it on right before you turn in your completed bounties. I can't find a clear answer.

by Pfhor, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 09:49 (3470 days ago) @ Kermit

Yes turn on the telemetry right before you cash in on the bounties. Once you activate the telemetry, you will have ten minutes to utilize it. It is similar to the ammo synthesis. I am looking for rocket launcher one for the day I obtain the Gjallarhorn, ;)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 09:58 (3470 days ago) @ Pfhor

Yes turn on the telemetry right before you cash in on the bounties. Once you activate the telemetry, you will have ten minutes to utilize it. It is similar to the ammo synthesis. I am looking for rocket launcher one for the day I obtain the Gjallarhorn, ;)

ah, i didn't even realize the cool-down was 10 minutes. stupid me for not checking. I figured it was 30 mins like the glimmer consumables. hence the reason i was using it during the nightfall.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 11:00 (3470 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

ah, i didn't even realize the cool-down was 10 minutes. stupid me for not checking. I figured it was 30 mins like the glimmer consumables. hence the reason i was using it during the nightfall.

I think you have that backwards.

- CC

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 12:41 (3470 days ago) @ CaneCutter

ugh, i've got myself so twisted. I thought the telemetry was 30 mins. not sure why i thought glimmer was too.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 09:50 (3470 days ago) @ Kermit

Now that is a good question. I would suspect the answer is "yes, turn it on just before you turn in the bounties", but I haven't tried it. Maybe I'll test it this weekend.

by Monochron, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 10:14 (3470 days ago) @ Kermit

I might recommend grabbing all the bounties you can one day and waiting until the next day to turn them in. Then you turn on your Telemetry, turn in all bounties, grab the new bounties, and turn in as many as you can before the Telemetry wears off.

And I was pretty sure that the Telemetries last for 30 mins and the glimmer consumables last for 10. Not sure what the other people are saying.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 11:00 (3470 days ago) @ Monochron

And I was pretty sure that the Telemetries last for 30 mins and the glimmer consumables last for 10. Not sure what the other people are saying.

That's the way I remember it.

- CC

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 20:57 (3470 days ago) @ Kermit

Once you activate the telemetry item, it stays active for 30 minutes. So, you want to activate it at a time when you'll get the most XP in the next 30 minutes. You definitely want that 30 minutes to include the moment when you turn in bounties, but you might ALSO do some other things before or after that moment. Adjust your timing to include as much as possible. I like Monochron's suggestion, and wish I'd thought of it the last time I had a telemetry consumable.

What I'd really like to know is how much of a boost the telemetry actually provides.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread