These are the kind of updates I want (BWU) (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, November 07, 2014, 17:29 (3480 days ago)

SKIPPING CUTSCENES

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 07, 2014, 18:30 (3480 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Shit, this has been needed since day 1. It's cool Bungie is doing all this other stuff, but why have none of the updates enabled this? IT IS NEEDED BADLY. Not being able to is sloppy, lazy, and completely inexcusable.

Also massively disappointed we had geometry IN THE ALPHA that was bound for an expansion pack.

SKIPPING CUTSCENES

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 07, 2014, 18:56 (3480 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Shit, this has been needed since day 1. It's cool Bungie is doing all this other stuff, but why have none of the updates enabled this? IT IS NEEDED BADLY. Not being able to is sloppy, lazy, and completely inexcusable.

Also massively disappointed we had geometry IN THE ALPHA that was bound for an expansion pack.

After completing the mission, simply go to orbit. Once the countdown timer starts, you're set, XP and loot is in your possession. No more cutscenes!

SKIPPING CUTSCENES

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, November 07, 2014, 20:07 (3480 days ago) @ Korny

After completing the mission, simply go to orbit. Once the countdown timer starts, you're set, XP and loot is in your possession. No more cutscenes!

Someone hasn't tried today's daily. There isn't a countdown. You're stuck watching the stranger not have time to explain stuff.

SKIPPING CUTSCENES

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 07, 2014, 20:24 (3480 days ago) @ CyberKN

Someone hasn't tried today's daily. There isn't a countdown. You're stuck watching the stranger not have time to explain stuff.

Ah yeah, that's the exception...

Pro-Tip: On other missions, if you forget to back out before the cutscene starts, Press Options, Log out, Change Character, log back in as same character... Takes about the same amount of time...

SKIPPING CUTSCENES

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, November 07, 2014, 20:43 (3480 days ago) @ CyberKN

I did that mission at least 4 times today for my characters and helping someone else. I hit my daily allowance of cringes.

Glitched into Seraphim Vault once on a strike. That was cool

by Funkmon @, Friday, November 07, 2014, 21:44 (3480 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

SKIPPING CUTSCENES

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 08, 2014, 00:29 (3480 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, November 08, 2014, 00:46

You can;t do that on today's mission :-p it goes right to the cutscene. You also can;t do it for the mid mission cutscenes like when you wake the hive, etc. No excuses, let us skip them.

But it doesn't address the terrible story and design

by Kahzgul, Saturday, November 08, 2014, 14:34 (3479 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Seriously, why is the nightfall always the same strike as the weekly heroic? Mix it up! All of your investment players are going to do both; you should give us some variety.

And then plot, again and again, this universe has promise, but no actual story or compelling characters. Of course, that's hard to just "patch" but really, it's needed.

SKIPPING CUTSCENES

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, November 10, 2014, 04:19 (3478 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Also massively disappointed we had geometry IN THE ALPHA that was bound for an expansion pack

Geometry does not a game make

SKIPPING CUTSCENES

by HavokBlue, California, Monday, November 10, 2014, 05:35 (3478 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It's not unreasonable to assume that it was content originally intended to ship with the game, considering we were shown other locations prior to release that are not actually available to us.

But it doesn't address the terrible story and design

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, November 10, 2014, 06:25 (3478 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Seriously, why is the nightfall always the same strike as the weekly heroic? Mix it up! All of your investment players are going to do both; you should give us some variety.

And then plot, again and again, this universe has promise, but no actual story or compelling characters. Of course, that's hard to just "patch" but really, it's needed.

Yeah, this always annoys me. Why not let us knock out both by completing the nightfall and get the nightfall rewards + the strange coins? I hate having to get a group of 28's together twice in one week and usually end up just doing one or the other.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread