Your favorite weapons? (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 14:28 (3465 days ago)

- Scout Rifle,
A.1F19X-Ryl Scout Rifle with Firefly and Final Round. This is the first weapon that I got the Firefly perk on, which was the primary reason I chose it over Proxima Centuari II. The explosion damage isn't quite what I was hoping for so I'm starting work on the Proxima Centauri II I've been holding on to that has Zen Moment and Grenadier. I used to rock a Grenadier Scout Rifle during the Beta and was pretty happy the accelerated grenade cooldown.

- Auto Rifle,
Hard Light. Without the overpenetrate perk, this would be an average low Impact/high ROF Auto Rifle, but for those clusters of enemies this thing just mows through them. I've almost unlocked the Field Scout perk and am seriously considering the extra ammo over Perfect Balance. Feels a little bit like a mini Heavy Machine Gun.

I just couldn't get into SUROS Regime. The ROF adjustment just feels off.

- Pulse Rifle,
I don't have a favorite. I'd probably rock the Stranger's Rife if it had 300 attack. Too bad. I acquired Bad Juju but haven't touched it. I haven't spent much time with Pulse Rifles..

//

- Shotgun,
The Crash with the fast reload perk. I had been excited about getting Invective but the small magazine size and low impact just didn't do it for me, although the super fast ROF was amusing. The Crash's 6 shot magazine and fast reload make me very happy. This is my favorite special weapon.

- Sniper Rifle,
I've been working on Praedyth's Revenge with Field Scout and, again, I like the extra magazine size. I got Patience and Time a good while back--while it is extraordinarily stable, it doesn't feel that special.

- Fusion Rifle,
Like the Pulse Rifle, I don't have a favorite, but I am nearing completion of the Pocket Infinity Bounty and recently got Final Rest II randomly. I'm just more inclined to shotguns.

//

Alright! The good stuff.

- Rocket Launcher
Hezen Vengeance. I've wanted this one for a long time and finally got it! Tripod and MIRC Mini are my two favorite rocket launcher perks and to have both of them on the same weapon is sweet. Rate of fire is kind've low but you just can't beat these perks. I'm also itching for Gjallarhorn, but I have a feeling I might stick with Hezen Vengeance in general.

- Heavy Machine Gun
Corrective Measure. I did not like heavy machine guns at all but decided to level this up for the Vault of Glass while I was waiting on Hezen Vengeance. Love this gun. Again, I went with Field Scout on this one and love just unloading on some dirty Vex or even in PvP.

What are your favorite weapons?

Your favorite weapons?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 14:52 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck

- Scout Rifle,

Do not fancy these. :-/ Used a couple for a while, even got the VoG one, but it's just not a good fit for me.

- Auto Rifle,

Shadow Price has been my go to for a long time now. Got two reload speed upgrades on the SP with a bonus from armor too. When there's a crowd, the clip feels bottomless. Looking forward to Hard Light. SUROS Regime sounds like a pop gun. :P

- Pulse Rifle,

Trying out the Super Pox VLO right now. Feels good. MASSIVE gun. Will be a good non-Shadow Price primary weapon when I'm rocking an Exotic Secondary or Heavy.

//

- Shotgun,

The Comedian with grenade cooldown perk. Great weapon, and helps me keep tossing those flash bangs. Taken the top spot from Invective!

- Sniper Rifle,

Ice Breaker because I hate looking for secondary ammo. Epitaph has been a great one too; my version has ammo bonuses from killing and missing enemies, along with AP ammo. Good Crucible option when I'm rocking The Last Word.

- Fusion Rifle,

Don't use these very much, but enjoying Plan C when I do. 'Scuse me while I whip-oh god it fired already.

- Rocket Launcher
Hezen Vengeance.

Bro fist. Bring the boom.

- Heavy Machine Gun

The Swarm. It's not a machine gun, it's a hand held AA cannon. Mine has a magazine upgrade, as well as grenade cooldown. So nice.

No hand cannons for you, Pete? :P I've been utterly unable to put down The Last Word. Working on the last couple damage upgrades right now, and it's just so good. PvE, PvP, doesn't matter. Make like the Flintstones and bambambambam.

One side note: it's so pleasing to Shoulder Charge a larger enemy, then spin out The Last Word and finish him off. So. Cool.

Your favorite weapons?

by petetheduck, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 14:59 (3465 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

No hand cannons for you, Pete? :P I've been utterly unable to put down The Last Word. Working on the last couple damage upgrades right now, and it's just so good. PvE, PvP, doesn't matter. Make like the Flintstones and bambambambam.

One side note: it's so pleasing to Shoulder Charge a larger enemy, then spin out The Last Word and finish him off. So. Cool.

Haha, I completely forgot about Hand Cannons. I have a Legendary one in my Vault--even tried it out a bit, but I couldn't get over how ridiculous my Warlock looked holding it.

Like I'm going to Nova Bomb and then pull out a measly Hand Cannon. Right. :P

Your favorite weapons?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:00 (3465 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Shadow Price has been my go to for a long time now.

Maybe I got a bad shadow price, but it has a really small magazine that annoys me. Only 25.

Your favorite weapons?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:04 (3465 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Shadow Price has been my go to for a long time now.

Maybe I got a bad shadow price, but it has a really small magazine that annoys me. Only 25.

I think so. Mine has 25, but the reload speed upgrades really, really help. Split second after a kill and empty mag. No exaggeration. And that's on a Titan. Can't imagine on a Hunter.

Bluerunner has one with the mag upgrade and glass half full. Bastard. :P

Your favorite weapons?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:59 (3465 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Bluerunner has one with the mag upgrade and glass half full. Bastard. :P

42 rounds, glass half full, speed reload. Love it.

Your favorite weapons?

by kornman00, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:43 (3465 days ago) @ bluerunner

Nice, one of my Shadow Price's has the mag upgrade too. Except my tech tree has Radar w/ ADS, and last round does bonus damage. However, I think I'd like to trade the latter for your glass-half-full :p

/jelly

Your favorite weapons?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 14:55 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 14:59

Suros Regime:

Not sure why you don't like Suros. It can stagger bosses, so it makes certain strikes a breeze if you essentially stun lock them (I always pull it out for the archon priest for example.) Also good in PvP.

Red Death:

I like Read Death on Mars fighting the Cabal. Great in crucible too.

Devil You Know:

Really nice hand canon. Great impact and light. This is my most used primary.

Fair and Square:

A decent alternative to Red Death if you want to use a different exotic. Less recoil too.

Truth:

Pretty much the best rocket launcher in PvP without question.

Atheon's Epilogue:

I think other than Corrective measure, this does the most DPS to Oracles. Always in my hands for the Atheon fight, but doesn't really have a place anywhere else except for void burn strikes.

Icebreaker:

An essential tool! More like GAMEbreaker!

Found Verdict:

A great arc shotgun.

Comedian:

A little easier to hit stuff with than found verdict, since mine has the shot package perk. Solar.

Zombie Apocalypse:

This gun is great all around, and is a nice balance between damage and rate of fire. I have one in all three elements.

The Swarm:

Also a good HMG, if you don't mind the slow aiming. I prefer Zombie because it's snappier, but if you can reduce the aiming time (for example with blade dancer's quick draw), it's really good too.

Praedyth's revenge:

Probably the best PvP sniper. Low recoil, and fast firing.

The Calming:

I know some people like 77 Wizard's impact better, but the Calming has a really low charge time that I prefer. I can easily solo the minotaurs during the gatekeeper fight even on hard with it.

Your favorite weapons?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:06 (3465 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Calming:

I know some people like 77 Wizard's impact better, but the Calming has a really low charge time that I prefer. I can easily solo the minotaurs during the gatekeeper fight even on hard with it.

I've got a 77 Wizard right now and it's just like OMG DID YOU FIRE YET. Was your Calming a drop or buy? What perks?

Your favorite weapons?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:17 (3465 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I've got a 77 Wizard right now and it's just like OMG DID YOU FIRE YET. Was your Calming a drop or buy? What perks?

Drop. Void, Spray and Play, and Who's next. Basically, if you kill something with the final round, it reloads so ridiculously fast, that the animation damn near glitches out. With chain of Woe on, it's literally 2 frames long.

Your favorite weapons?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:03 (3465 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've got a Purifier VII with a lot of impact and stability, plus armor piercing rounds. The stability makes it easy to land all rounds together at mid ranges, and the armor piercing rounds are awesome against crowds.

Your favorite weapons?

by Monochron, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 19:57 (3465 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I had 77 Wizard but dropped it like a sack of potatoes when I got Light/Beware. Reasonable fire rate and fantastic range really make it appealing.

Your favorite weapons?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:47 (3464 days ago) @ Monochron

I had 77 Wizard but dropped it like a sack of potatoes when I got Light/Beware. Reasonable fire rate and fantastic range really make it appealing.

This guy knows what's up.

Your favorite weapons?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 22:45 (3465 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Red Death:

I like Read Death on Mars fighting the Cabal. Great in crucible too.

I'm hoping this one comes back to Xur sometime...

Devil You Know:

Really nice hand canon. Great impact and light. This is my most used primary.

Yes. I have a random drop version that has fast reload when it's empty. With so many powerful shots I don't normally need to reload at all, but it's nice and quick when I do.

Fair and Square:

A decent alternative to Red Death if you want to use a different exotic. Less recoil too.

And very yes. I bought the Crucible variant for Third Eye, but I'd love this rifle no matter what. It can fire 7 bursts before needing to reload, mine has a quick reload perk, and it has both a nice dot sight and a very decent zoom scope letting me use the gun with ease on any map or in any situation.

For my heavy I'm pretty much using one of my two Thunderlords at this point. Still trying to get my first one to its named upgrade... can't wait to see what that's like.

Your favorite weapons?

by Avateur @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:41 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck

Whatever ones kill the most effectively.

Your favorite weapons?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 15:42 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur

Whatever ones kill the most effectively.

You must be fun at parties.

Your favorite weapons?

by Avateur @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 19:20 (3465 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny's investment system has killed it for me to the point of not really caring what guns I get or find or unlock or anything else. Whatever I have that works is what I'll use. I don't really go out of my way looking for things to level up at this point. I have a Legendary Pulse Rifle that massacres the masses in Crucible, I have a Suros, I have some awesome rocket launchers, I have a Hand Cannon, I have some awesome shotguns and sniper rifles. Their names, whatever. All of these things and the combos I use them with make it so that I rarely lose PvP games, rarely end up without MVP in them, and make my Raid travels very easy. Party hard.

Your favorite weapons?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 21:21 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur

Destiny's investment system has killed it for me to the point of not really caring what guns I get or find or unlock or anything else. Whatever I have that works is what I'll use. I don't really go out of my way looking for things to level up at this point.

Neither do I. The last time I had to grind was to get to 26 to do that raid.

Your favorite weapons?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:18 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck

My fully upgraded Last Word is my third child.

I also like The Devil You Know when I need a little more range and precision. Plus that 12 round magazine is great. On Friday I finished the Thorn bounty and it's been very underwelming.

I recently got a Strange Suspect pulse rifle in an engram. It's got the perk that does extra critical damage after body shots, plus stability maxed out and third eye. I'm going to make this my primary crucible pulse rifle for my warlock. I have Bad Juju. It's fun, but they really need to increase the magazine size. If they do that then I will use it a lot more.

I have The Swarm in two flavors and use it more than any other machine gun. I like the slow firing ones. If there was a legendary version of Xerxes I would use it.

I really like Truth as my PvP rocket launcher. It's stupid easy to get kills with. Hopefully Xur with sell Gjallerhorn again. I missed it the first time around.

I haven't settled on a shotgun. I have a sidewinder with really good range that I use for PvP. I just can't get Invective to work for me. I would like to pick up Dead Orbit's shotgun, but I've been spending crucible marks on other stuff and they're worse than the Cryptarch when it comes to packages when leveling up.

Your favorite weapons?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:36 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck

I've just now been able to get full Legendary gear, so pardon me if I don't give many names just yet. :p

Disclaimer: I don't do Crucible. All my favorites are based solely on PvE experience.

My favorite primary are, by far, Scout Rifles. My current cherished one is the A.1F19X-Ryl. While Firefly's damage is below what I expected (much like with you), it staggers fools. Best. Perk. Ever. Thralls haven't been a worry in mind since I got Firefly working. :)

My favorite special is, also by far, Fusion Rifles. Took me a while to get used to them (those Overcharged bounties sure helped out), but, my god, it's full of stars. They're pretty much my "oh shit, I'm being blitzed" get-out-of-jail card. Something tells me what Shotguns are missing is over-penetration. Are there any that have that perk?

Finally, I don't have a particular favorite heavy type. I like the slow-firing MGs and RLs alike. Just bought Truth and will see how that goes. So far, the projectile speed isn't very promising, but maybe it takes me into Crucible one day. Hope I get a Gjallarhorn soon.

INSANEdrive highfives ZackDark

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:52 (3465 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

Your favorite weapons?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:39 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by INSANEdrive, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 16:49

Anything that helps me make explosions where there wouldn't traditionally be explosions is a favorite for me. Because... explosions.

That's actually about it right now.

INSANEdrive want make Big Boom. :D

For the sake of particulars:

• A.1F19X-Ryl Scout Rifle with Firefly.
  • Icebreaker Exotic Sniper.
  • Sir Isaac with Explosive Rounds.

...ect.

Also any gun with Specialized Animations for that weapon (Such as Last Word ...which I have yet to get), and Fusion Rifles because its like explosions.

Your favorite weapons?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 20:06 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck

For PvE
A1 Scout Rifle because well explosions and armor piercing
Ice Breaker for ammo regen
The Admonisher RL big bada boom and find more ammo for this

For PvP
Shadow Price is very nice, but having the small clip version sucks
Comedian with xtra large clip 6 or 7 rounds?
Truth RL proximity explosions

Anybody have a recommendation for a fast firing shotty? I usually keep mine for a backup so I don't really need the large clip. I just like to whip it out when I see my radar go red up close. I usually stay away from folks in PvP.

Your favorite weapons?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 22:48 (3465 days ago) @ red robber

I really enjoy Invective. It fires its four rounds extremely quickly on full auto. You just point at their torso, hold down the trigger, and let the recoil worry about silly things like headshots. Ammo regen is just icing on the cake.

Your favorite weapons?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 23:38 (3465 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Dang, I should have chosen that. I just picked an exotic bounty tonight before work and was in a hurry so I didn't look them up. :(

Your favorite weapons?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 10, 2014, 04:09 (3465 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I really enjoy Invective. It fires its four rounds extremely quickly on full auto. You just point at their torso, hold down the trigger, and let the recoil worry about silly things like headshots. Ammo regen is just icing on the cake.

Does the ammo regen pull the 3rd and 4th shells out of the ceiling and put them back in the gun?

Your favorite weapons?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:41 (3464 days ago) @ narcogen

Heh. Maybe! That's certainly the in-game explanation for Super Good Advice! :p

I've never really found the recoil to be that bad. I mean sure, it's going to kick up to the ceiling with all four shots, but I usually get a kill within one or two shots which leaves the gun pointing about at someone's head. I found it trivial to re-aim at the next person's gut and fire off another two shots for the double down.

Your favorite weapons?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, November 10, 2014, 08:36 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck

Lord High Fixer. I freakin love hand cannons and this is the best one I have at the moment. 13 round mag is great and the damage bonus when reloading after a kill make this my clear choice primary weapon when I don't need to be dealing elemental damage all the time.

Vision of Confluence. I preferred scout rifles over all else during the beta, but have gravitated more to hand cannons in the final release. This gun is making me fall in love with scout rifles all over again though.

Icebreaker. No explanation necessary. No other gun is as essential to have at your ready, especially if you want to solo the high-level strikes.

Praedyth's Revenge. Holy crap this gun is stable! Non-existent recoil on a fast-firing sniper rifle. Oh, and it has "firefly" too! The only reason this isn't always in my primary slot is because Icebreaker's regenerating ammo is so damn handy.

Thunderlord. This beast feels and sounds amazing, and the slow but precise rate of fire almost make it like a powerful scout rifle. I can usually one-shot enemies in the head and everybody around can hear and immediately know what gun I'm using. Unfortunately, I almost always have an exotic equipped in my primary or secondary slot so I rarely take the opportunity to take it out for playtime.

If/when I get a Hawkmoon, you can probably disregard all of the above.. :-)

Your favorite weapons?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:44 (3464 days ago) @ petetheduck

- Scout Rifle,

- The Calling (FWC): With the Firefly & Last Round perks. I team this with either Field Scout or High Caliber rounds depending on the situation. This thing is amazing.

- I also really like the MIDA Multi-Tool. I'm still leveling this up. but for PvP it's been great.

- Hoping to get Vision of Confluence someday........

- Auto Rifle,

- Suros Regime is my go to. It's just a beast in PvP and does a great job in PvE. I just prefer to have an exotic in either the Secondary or Heavy slots.

- Atheon's Epilogue. I hated this until I got it fully leveled. but once you get the stabilization on it this turns into an awesome PvE weapon.

- Hard Light: It's blast to use but I'm still leveling it up. Should be great once I get it upgraded.

- Khvostov 7G-01: a Level 1 - 20 Attack auto rifle that can wreck face in PvP. I use this more for amusement then anything when playing crucible.

- Pulse Rifle,

- Strangers Rifle (Why can't this be a legendary weapon?!?!?!). A lot of fun in PvP.

- Red Death was fun for a week. But once I got into scout rifles I haven't seen a use for pulse rifles.

- Hand Cannons,

- The Devil You Know: With the speed reload perk and field scout I absolutely love playing with that.

//

- Shotgun,

- Are these a thing? I haven't been a big fan of them so I don't even know what's good or bad. I have 3 legendary Shotguns that I level when turning in bounties but I've never really used them.

- Sniper Rifle,

- Ice Breaker: unlimited ammo..... enough said.

- Preadyth's Revenge: Super low recoil sniper with a 6 round magazine. That's hard to beat for both PvE & PvP

- Fusion Rifle,

- I love them... but I can't tell you the difference in them at all.

//

- Rocket Launcher

- Unfriendly Giant (Engram Versions). The Unfriendly Giant when it has the tracking perk is my go to rocket launcher (coupled with Ice Breaker). The two round magazine and fire and forget capability is hard to stop.

- Gjallarhorn: When you need massive amounts of damage....

- Heavy Machine Gun

- The Swarm: The best PvP machine gun around. If you tap the trigger you can almost use this as a scout rifle in PvP & PvE.

Your favorite weapons?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 10, 2014, 11:24 (3464 days ago) @ petetheduck

I did once have a Hand Cannon, forgot the name of it, but the reload speed jumped exponentially with precision kills. And I got off on that.

POW, POW, POW! Instant reload, POW POW POW POW!!

Unfortunately, it didn't grow up with me, so I had to dump it. I now own a Fair and Square that treats me real well. Just fully upgraded it yesterday--perfect 300. Reload speed is pretty nice. Here's where the Fair and Square part shows up--it is insanely powerful, but it is slow as fuck. Which is why I still lose every single Crucible battle I get--they have Auto Rifles and Scattershots and Binary Rifles.

I always switch between a Hieracon LR5 and a Light/Beware depending on the battle I now face ahead. Both serve me well. No complaints there.

For heavy, I always keep a constant rotation between the Painted Camelot SA/4(3 shells), the Sultan SA/5(homing, always the best option), the Super Good Advice(great for Strike Bosses), and of course...the Unfriendly Giant.

Your favorite weapons?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:39 (3464 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by stabbim, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:43

Hand Cannon

The Devil You Know. Huge damage, range and accuracy boosts, and a 12-shot mag. This is the gun Scout Rifles want to be when they grow up.

Scout Rifle

I didn't use them for a long time, but I recently got A.1F19X-Ryl in a drop. Mine also has firefly and final round. Firefly's fun. Doesn't get me a lot of kills when fighting leveled enemies, but it's useful for staggering and just a bit of extra damage.

I actually use Field Scout on mine, which doesn't make a lot of sense given the final round perk, but I think I get more use out of those extra bullets than I do out of one boosted bullet.

Auto Rifle

I have a Shadow Price now, I was using Grim Citizen before that. Both are slower-firing and stable. They're practically identical rifles but the Shadow Price I got has grenadier, which is super useful for both of my Warlock setups.

Pulse Rifle

Again, I didn't use these much for a long time, but recently got Fair & Square from an engram. Seems decent if you can speed up the reload.

I also have Bad Juju, but bluerunner's right - it needs a bigger magazine. The perk is fun when it happens, but as the gun is right now, it just doesn't reliably get kills before the mag runs out. You spend more time reloading than shooting.

Shotgun

Found Verdict. I like the way it handles and the fact that it actually resembles a plain old present-day pump shotgun. Makes it seem like something that's probably been around since the collapse, or longer.

I get more use out of my Comedian because it's void and I use it in the raid, but if I had a void version of Found Verdict I'd be using it.

Runner-up: Universal Remote. It's not as strong per shot as the special-slot shotguns, but the abundance of primary ammo makes up for that, and the change in playstyle that it allows is a lot of fun.

Sniper Rifle

I have an Ice Breaker because of the utility it offers, but beyond that I just don't use sniper rifles.

Fusion Rifle

Light/BEWARE. This was my original anti-wizard gun before Gjallarhorn. Its excellent range and stability lets it hit them from a safe distance. Last night I played the nightfall strike almost exclusively using this gun (used A.1F19X-Ryl to wear down the bigger enemies from a distance) to get kills for the Pocket Infinity bounty, and ended up soloing it. It's fairly easy to knock enemies out from beyond their firing range with this.

Rocket Launcher

Gjallarhorn. Standard generic answer, but true. The destruction that thing can cause is comical.

HMG

Deviant Gravity. Very slow-firing, heavy-hitting, and stable. This is the sort of HMG that you can point at a boss's crit spot and reliably keep it there while firing. Maybe more importantly, you can keep it pointed at oracles. Mine's void, so it always comes with me in the Vault anyway. No anti-oracle bonus of course, but it's so accurate that it really doesn't need any.

The Last Word is...

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 08:45 (3464 days ago) @ petetheduck

Ok I promise this will be the last time I gush over it (totally lying btw) but I realized something.

This thing is basically if the Halo 1 pistol and ODST's Automag had a baby, and that baby went to Harvard.

The Last Word is... awesome

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 10:49 (3463 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

So far I love it (got it from the nightfall).

It FEELS great. I FEEL like a gunslinger. I'll have to see how it compares to Devil you Know after I get all the perks and get it to 300, but right now it seems great and the perks will make it even better.

It's odd though because I haven't had my exotic slot used up with a primary in a long time.

The Last Word is... awesome

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 06:52 (3463 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So far I love it (got it from the nightfall).

It FEELS great. I FEEL like a gunslinger. I'll have to see how it compares to Devil you Know after I get all the perks and get it to 300, but right now it seems great and the perks will make it even better.

I have both fully upgraded. The Devil You Know has the Send It perk, which gives it a lot more range than Last Word. In fact, TDYK outperforms the scout rifles I have. Also, it feels easier to get headshots with TDYK than with Last Word. The accuracy is better. Plus the extra 4 rounds is good when yiu have a bunch of enemies charging you.

Where Last Word shines is with bosses and shielded enemies. Being able to unleash 8 rounds very fast is great when ducking in and out of cover. I can drop dregs faster with precision shots from TDYK, but I would rather have Last Word when a minotaur is charging me.

Last Word is definitely my go to weapon for crucible with my hunter. The hip fire bonus destroys people in close to mid range, which is a vast majority of crucible combat.

Also, The Last Word is just cool and fun. Even if I could get kills faster with other weapons, they're just not as fun to shoot.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread