Destiny or MCC? (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, November 10, 2014, 00:32 (3478 days ago)

Which one of these will consume more of your time starting tomorrow?

I think it will be a good 50/50 split for me. I have a feeling that MCC will play better on my slower internet connection than destiny which means more multiplayer opportunities.

And I'm scared that forge is going to consume all my free time.

Destiny or MCC?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 10, 2014, 03:55 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

Probably MCC until I remember why Halo 2 was my least favorite of the Bungie Halo games.

Destiny or MCC?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, November 10, 2014, 05:46 (3478 days ago) @ Kermit

Probably MCC until I remember why Halo 2 was my least favorite of the Bungie Halo games.

Halo 2 was my favorite. From 2004-2007 I played over 4,000 games

I have a PS4 so no MCC for me ;-; least I got a Hawkmoon

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, November 10, 2014, 06:37 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Destiny or MCC?

by Velociraptor112, Places., Monday, November 10, 2014, 07:15 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

Tomorrow, only Destiny, since I won't be getting MCC til the weekend, but then I probably won't put it down. Haha. I'll come back for Destiny when the DLC comes out.

Destiny or MCC?

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, November 10, 2014, 07:46 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

Yesterday was the first day since Destiny's launch that I didn't play at all; got mesmerised by Civilization: Beyond Earth. (Finally won a game!) Assuming my digital preload for MCC is done when I get home (how big is it again?...) I'll probably play a round tonight but will put it on hold until I finish playing through the Halos single player.

After that, remains to be seen...

-- Steve'll almost certainly return to Destiny before the new DLC comes out, but isn't sure how much before.

Jackass

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, November 10, 2014, 08:12 (3478 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

If/when I get a Hawkmoon of my own, I'll come back and apologize for calling you a jackass. ;-)

Destiny or MCC?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, November 10, 2014, 08:24 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

Same as you. I want to do weekly and nightfall strikes as well as daily story and a little crucible. Forge in MCC will be a big draw for me. You and I also need to do a run through of all the campaigns if your soup can on a string internet can handle it.

Destiny or MCC?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 10, 2014, 08:28 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

I've had MCC for a couple weeks now. I've probably spent a total of 3 or 4 hours with it, and even then I was forcing myself to stick with it.

For me, the Halo games don't hold up very well. The movement and shooting mechanics feel sluggish and clunky. While a lot of the encounter design is still great, I think I've just played these games too many times to still find them fun or exciting.

I've only played a tiny bit of the multiplayer, but again it has no appeal to me. Too slow, too outdated. I'm not a huge fan of Destiny's PvP, but I still don't see myself playing MCC instead.

Destiny or MCC?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:26 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

Easily more Halo until some new stuff comes to Destiny.

I'm going to play the hell outta the MCC campaign.
Looking forward to a regular MM night with the HBO family.
Also, MMC has drawn out my old crew from Halo 2 days, so I'll be playing with those guys again, looking forward to that too.

Destiny at this point is very 'meh' for me. I've no incentive to do the weekly or daily missions anymore. I've beaten the raid, but not on Hard. I could do that I guess, but other than that there is nothing to bring me back every day anymore. I've got more exotic weapons than I know what to do with. I could level them I suppose....but why?

MP is no fun for me. I'll only play with a group of 6 DBOers.

Until the new DLC drops, I'll probably be on Destiny once a week to play the raid or something, but for now there are other things to play. Really liking Wolfenstien: The New Order!

+414.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 10, 2014, 11:31 (3478 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm staying on Destiny, occasionally doing Saints Row for replays.

There is Due to pay.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, November 10, 2014, 11:55 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

Which one of these will consume more of your time starting tomorrow?

I think it will be a good 50/50 split for me. I have a feeling that MCC will play better on my slower internet connection than destiny which means more multiplayer opportunities.

And I'm scared that forge is going to consume all my free time.

MCC means I get to fall in love all over again. Come back to Destiny with new content. What isn't to like? As such... there is a very good chance Ill be posting at HBO again. Maybe. Possibly. Kind-Of. I guess. It's Classified.

That format. Ugh.

If any one is up for Co-Op Legendary for everything (Halo 2 as well...for as long as I can stand it), let me know. All in all - I'm going into a Time Machine. See you Ringside.

Forge.

by petetheduck, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:18 (3478 days ago) @ red robber

Instead of grinding out a gun for an extra 12 damage points, I could be creating play spaces to provide new and unique gameplay experiences.

Forge would break Destiny; it is too dependent on loot. Providing an alternative based on fun alone.. well. How could that co-exist?

I anticipate spending a lot of time in Forge. I'll probably continue the tradition of Destiny's weekly Nightfall and Raid, but will pass on the daily grind.

Outside of Forge, I have no interest in MCC.

Awwwwww, yiiisssssss! pete is back!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:30 (3478 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■) ... *Quack*.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:33 (3478 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Destiny or MCC?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:35 (3478 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

4,107 for me, Sched. It was my least favorite campaign, and I'm mainly a campaign guy. It's going to be fun to revisit all those old maps I know so well, but I know that my reflexes haven't got any faster.

No Xbox One here, so...probably Borderlands.

by Funkmon @, Monday, November 10, 2014, 15:14 (3477 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Ditto

by Phoenix_9286 @, Monday, November 10, 2014, 15:54 (3477 days ago) @ Funkmon

But add Fallout 3 to the list. The NPCs won't be dicks to themselves!
Also Dishonored. Picked that up when it was free and still haven't played it.
And DX:HR. Got a Foxy Pacifist playthrough I need to finish.

Ditto

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, November 10, 2014, 16:05 (3477 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Dishonored was great, and I've been meaning to do a Legendary Foxy Pacifist on HR ever since I finished my first playthrough years ago! :P

Destiny

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 14:58 (3476 days ago) @ red robber

Don't have an Xbox One (nor the money to afford one), and I already own all of the games in MCC, in the original format and style I fell in love with. So, easy decision! :)

If it counts, I still play the original Bungie Halos often, but Destiny is my current go-to zone-out when I get an hour or so free before sleep.

It's going to suck watching everyone else play the DLC when it hits. I'm hoping if I drop enough hints I can get a season pass for Christmas.

Destiny

by Phoenix_9286 @, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 15:21 (3476 days ago) @ Leviathan

Not to be a pest or anything about it, but as this is the first time I've seen you post in awhile, any update on the maps?

Destiny

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 15:54 (3476 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Not to be a pest or anything about it, but as this is the first time I've seen you post in awhile, any update on the maps?

Heh, it's been a crazy few weeks. Website self-destructing, printer fiascos, and people in the hospital. So sadly, I haven't much time to play Destiny, let alone do a fan-project for it. :)

I know you're keen on it, but I'm starting to have doubts about it. It doesn't help that I just tried to catch up on the forum only to be depressed by all the negativity here. Doesn't seem like a very inviting place for enthusiasm or sharing inspirations and collaborating at the moment... But, maybe I'm just focusing on the loud few.

Destiny

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 16:12 (3476 days ago) @ Leviathan

But, maybe I'm just focusing on the loud few.

Well...

I AM REALLY LOVING THIS GAME, IT'S LOADS OF FUN AND I DON'T MIND THE GRIND AT ALL. EVEN THE FASTER-TWITCHIER CRUCIBLE IS TURNING OUT TO BE A BLAST FOR ME. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE DLC AND A CHANCE TO MORE FULLY DELVE INTO THE SECRETS HELD THEREIN. I'VE TRUSTED BUNGIE WITH MY MONEY FOR OVER A DECADE, I'M WILLING TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER FOR THEM TO FULLY REALIZE THE STORY OF THIS RICH NEW WORLD THEY'RE BUILDING FOR US.

;D

Destiny

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 16:18 (3476 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Gawd, fanboys are so annoying.

Not the same without the accent

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 16:31 (3476 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Just for you Zack.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 16:41 (3476 days ago) @ ZackDark

AH'M RALLY LOOVEN THAS GAEM, ET'S LOODS OOF FOON AN AH DOONT MAND THA GRIND A OOL. EFEN THA FASTER-TWEECHER CROOSIBLE ES TOORNEN OOT TA BEA AE BLAAST FER MEA. AH CANNAE WAHT FER THA DEE ELL SEA AHN AE CHANCE TA MOORE FOOLY DELVE ENNTO THA SEACRESTS HELD THAREN. AH'VE TROOSTED BOONGEE WETH MAH MOONEE FER OOFER AH DECAED, AH'M WELLEN TA WAET AE LEETTLE LOONGER FER THEM TA FOOLY RAELIZE THA STOORY OOF THES RICH NEW WARLD THEIR BUILDEN FER OOS.

YES

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 17:00 (3476 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Destiny or MCC?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 20:25 (3476 days ago) @ bluerunner

Dude! My internet just saw your post while it is downloading the MCC update. Don't piss it off or I may never get it done this month.

Destiny or MCC?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 20:39 (3476 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I prefer the slower pace in some shooters. Sprint was one of the features I didn't like for Halo Reach and I just prefer the slower pace of play of the older games in MP. In the older Halos if you needed to get around quick, you really had to focus on the vehicles for transport. With sprint features, you can move through maps so quickly, vehicles sometimes lose a little of their potency for transportation.

I also don't like double jumps and jet packs either. I think this kinda ruins some of the strategy in gaining high ground and changes the routes and lanes you'd normally use on a map.

this is the best thing ever

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 20:47 (3476 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

+1000

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 20:50 (3476 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Destiny or MCC?

by Monochron, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 09:05 (3475 days ago) @ red robber

Destiny or MCC?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 09:41 (3475 days ago) @ Monochron

Probably wait a bit for MCC . . .
http://kotaku.com/guy-cant-stop-laughing-at-how-many-issues-the-remastere-1657886418

Yeah, so...

I totally get MCC has a ton of problems. (I've only played campaign, and somehow I've avoided all of them, but I can certainly read.) But this video? Geez.

Does the dude not remember EXACTLY THAT PROBLEM happening in Reach? And Halo 4? (And maybe 3 before Reach, but I can't remember that far back at the moment)

Whatever. There are definitely problems to bitch about, and things that should work which don't... but that particular issue has been with us for YEARS.

Destiny or MCC?

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 10:20 (3475 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Whatever. There are definitely problems to bitch about, and things that should work which don't... but that particular issue has been with us for YEARS.

From what I understand, parties above 12 are actually full-on broken. So 8v8 Big Team Battle is only getting a MAXIMUM of 6v6 matches at the minute.

Strange bug to launch with.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread