So will TRUTH get nerfed next? (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 08:00 (3474 days ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEPA3zdVnjQ&feature=youtu.be

once you lock onto someone, you can jerk the launcher up to the sky while pulling the trigger. This allows the rocket to get above geometry before arching towards your target.

So will TRUTH get nerfed next?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 08:03 (3474 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 08:10 (3474 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 10:07 (3474 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

once you lock onto someone, you can jerk the launcher up to the sky while pulling the trigger. This allows the rocket to get above geometry before arching towards your target.

HA! That's awesome! I haven't tried it, but you can bet I will (along with everyone else who sees this video).

I say it's a good tactic, it's available to EVERYONE who has Truth leveled up and it still takes a bit of skill and finesse to get the shot just right, so i hope they don't "address" this as a "bug"...but I wouldn't put it past them... :-/

Aggressive Truthseeker is what Truth is.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 10:11 (3474 days ago) @ Mid7night
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 10:23

I say it's a good tactic, it's available to EVERYONE who has Truth leveled up and it still takes a bit of skill and finesse to get the shot just right, so i hope they don't "address" this as a "bug"...but I wouldn't put it past them... :-/

It doesn't seem like something they would. Previous nerfs have effected dps properties; prototype trueseeker seems like an attribute that would be more difficult to adjust. Any programmers want to way (edit: oops! weigh) in here?

Aggressive Truthseeker is what Truth is.

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 10:27 (3474 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It doesn't seem like something they would. Previous nerfs have effected dps properties; prototype trueseeker seems like an attribute that would be more difficult to adjust. Any programmers want to way (edit: oops! weigh) in here?

Depends entirely on how they implemented it.

It's entirely possible that the target-seeking properties of all weapons are just one module fed with different parameters.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 10:41 (3474 days ago) @ Mid7night

HA! That's awesome! I haven't tried it, but you can bet I will (along with everyone else who sees this video).

Ho ho! Looks like Destiny got it's very own Javelin.

by naturl selexion, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 12:22 (3474 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Absolutely not a bug. Bungie is well aware of the arcing strategy. An extreme example for those of you that remember, in Halo 2 you could lock on with the rocket launcher, quickly pivot away, fire - and if you were standing on a mound the rocket would orbit around the target.

Here's a description: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_Rockets

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 14:33 (3474 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I've had Truth for like 3 weeks, and I've never used it in PvP. WHY HAVE I NEVER USED IT IN PVP?!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:58 (3473 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've had Truth for like 3 weeks, and I've never used it in PvP. WHY HAVE I NEVER USED IT IN PVP?!

If you do, make sure to use Javelin. Those rockets are so slow most of them end up hitting walls otherwise.

I hope not. It's the only reason to use over the Gyllenhaal.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 14:50 (3474 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Jake or Maggie?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 14:54 (3474 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I'm now calling my Gjallarhorn "Maggie"

by kornman00, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:56 (3473 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Gjallarhorn tracks and does proximity detonation too...

by naturl selexion, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 19:11 (3474 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, November 14, 2014, 14:04 (3473 days ago) @ naturl selexion

Gjallarhorn does have tracking but it's much less aggressive than Truth's. Also Gjallahorn doesn't have proximity detonation at all. In case there's confusion: proximity detonation means it'll detonate BEFORE it hits the target or when it is close enough to damage the target. Gjallahorn has tracking "Wolfpack" rounds that release upon detonation, but it will not detonate if it's nearby. So for example if an enemy does a quick juke to the side right before a Truth rocket gets to them, it'll detonate and damage them anyway but in a similar scenario with Gjallahorn it can attempt to correct after the juke, but not be able to correct enough and hit a wall too far away from the enemy for your wolfpack rounds to do any good.

by naturl selexion, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 11:21 (3472 days ago) @ Xenos

Gjallarhorn absolutely DOES have proximity detonation when not in the tracking mode. Try it. See if you can shoot a rocket close by overhead an enemy without it detonating - don't lock on of course.

Yes, if it is tracking mode it can near miss and won't proximity detonate.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 11:25 (3472 days ago) @ naturl selexion

Gjallarhorn absolutely DOES have proximity detonation when not in the tracking mode. Try it. See if you can shoot a rocket close by overhead an enemy without it detonating - don't lock on of course.

Yes, if it is tracking mode it can near miss and won't proximity detonate.

Hmm, I'll have to test it, and see if it does it with other Rocket Launchers too.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread