Shanks are glitching tonight (Destiny)

by scarab @, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 16:58 (3474 days ago)

They freeze; has anyone else seen this?

Connection?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 18:42 (3474 days ago) @ scarab

I've been having packet loss problems with Comcast lately, and Destiny seems to be my canary-in-the-coal mine for these issues. Whenever I'm having large packet loss, the enemies all tend to stand around and/or pop around. Generally this only lasts for a few minutes before it disconnects me, though.

I think it's my scout rifle

by scarab @, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 22:12 (3474 days ago) @ Beorn

head shots blow up enemies, if an enemy blows up next to a shank, perhaps, it kills the shank but doesn't trigger it's body removal. The Shank doesn't blow up, it just stops.

Shanks are glitching tonight

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 22:48 (3474 days ago) @ scarab

Saw a dead one floating in the air tonight while doing a strike

fans still spinning?

by scarab @, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 23:43 (3474 days ago) @ unoudid

But nobody home

fans still spinning?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:07 (3473 days ago) @ scarab

But nobody home

Of course! I kept trying to punch & shoot it while running around. It's never a cool thing to get killed by a shank so I wanted to make sure it was perma-dead

I think it's my scout rifle

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 01:24 (3472 days ago) @ scarab

That's definitely it. My scout rifle has the Firefly perk, and any Shanks that get killed by the explosion simply fall to the ground. They don't blow up or anything. Just an intact, immobile Shank.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread