Little Mayflower Update *OT* (Off-Topic)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 22:07 (3458 days ago)

So. The main reason I haven't been able to do much Bungie-related art in a while is a long-ass comic I'm making called Mayflower, which I posted about here when I first launched it, and hence why I'm posting now. Through a gauntlet of issues like my Cintiq breaking, getting repaired, and coming back with more problems, I've revised the site and added Issue #2 for download.

[image] [image]

The site was using a dense blog and cart system and asked you for too much information. It was just plain unneeded for the scale of things. Now you can download every issue for free if you'd like with no checkout, and if you want to pay, it's just a PayPal button with a price you can type in (though print issues still cost to cover production and require shipping information for obvious reasons). The extended material on the site should be easier to access too, and easier for me to add to. Still a few tweaks to be made, but I'm pretty happy with it!

So yeah, if you need something to read on the phone during the commute or in the toilet, I'm your man.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Thanks for looking at this self-promotion. Now go back to Destiny, damn it.

Little Mayflower Update *OT*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 22:41 (3458 days ago) @ Leviathan

When is the hardcopy coming?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 23:24 (3458 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, that's the next step! I'm having to find a new printer after the last one started to turn crappy. So the time table is unknown, but as soon as I find one of quality and affordibility, it can happen immediately as I've got the funds for another small printing. I''ll be re-printing a revised first issue, too.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:45 (3458 days ago) @ Leviathan

Yeah, that's the next step! I'm having to find a new printer after the last one started to turn crappy. So the time table is unknown, but as soon as I find one of quality and affordibility, it can happen immediately as I've got the funds for another small printing. I''ll be re-printing a revised first issue, too.

Cool! I might order another of the first one as well, as mine was (very) slightly damaged en route.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:13 (3458 days ago) @ Kermit

Cool! I might order another of the first one as well, as mine was (very) slightly damaged en route.

Really!? You just needed to say it - I can send another right this second. Could you describe the damage? Maybe I can do something to prevent something similar happening again.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 17, 2014, 05:57 (3458 days ago) @ Leviathan

I saw you put them up on several distribution channels. I assume buying direct from you gives you the most $?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:28 (3458 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Mayflower is also available on Comixology (though they take a couple of months to post issues) for 99 cents. I get half of that after I breach $100 total per quarter. The unique thing about Comixology is that they add the ability to tap the comic and make it go from panel to panel on phones. But you also have to use their app to view it.

On my site, you download the direct files (PDF and CBR) and pay whatever you want directly to me through PayPal. Or five bucks plus shipping for a print copy.

Since you live in KC, the new printings will eventually get on the shelves of the big comic shops in town, too, and I split the profit fifty-fifty with them.

So whatever you format you like best. I'd rather you enjoy the comic than me make an extra fifty cents. :)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:31 (3458 days ago) @ Leviathan

Well I already enjoyed the comic. I'd like to make sure you get the most of my money though. It can go towards getting the Destiny expansion! :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread