Glimmer Advice, please... (Destiny)

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Monday, November 17, 2014, 02:13 (3470 days ago)

I've just hit the cap for the first time. What's the best thing to do with all this stuff? Level up Dizee Rahool?

Glimmer Advice, please...

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, November 17, 2014, 03:25 (3470 days ago) @ The Woaf

I like to buy special and heavy weapon ammo regens. I usually spend about 5k. It doesn't take long to earn that amount back.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 17, 2014, 07:51 (3470 days ago) @ red robber

I like to buy special and heavy weapon ammo regens. I usually spend about 5k. It doesn't take long to earn that amount back.

Don't listen to them! Synths are useless! If you want, you can buy some junk from Holliday--new ships are always fun to have. Not really much you can do otherwise.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, November 17, 2014, 04:13 (3470 days ago) @ The Woaf

After a certain level, glimmer doesn't really do much for you aside from getting something enmass during an exoctic bounty. So clear some out with resources or Cryptarch and scrap the results. Not much else you can do.

by Monochron, Monday, November 17, 2014, 04:52 (3470 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

... scrap the results. Not much else you can do.

Convert them into synthesis broseph! You can load up your vault with infinite ammo!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, November 17, 2014, 06:51 (3470 days ago) @ Monochron

... scrap the results. Not much else you can do.

Convert them into synthesis broseph! You can load up your vault with infinite ammo!

Except that loading your inventory with multiple stacks of ammo has been known to cause issues with your inventory and the possible -gasp- wiping of said inventory.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:06 (3470 days ago) @ Monochron

Vault? Why would you put them into your vault, when you can SHOOT THEM, SHOOT THEM ALL! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

-- Steve uses synths (particularly for heavy ammo) extensively when running solo. It's not necessary, just convenient. (And fun. Steve likes big boom.)

PS: It's best not to carry more than 20 of each, given how it seems to get glitchy when stored as multiple "stacks." Another reason to have the occasional "fire sale"...

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:33 (3470 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Vault? Why would you put them into your vault, when you can SHOOT THEM, SHOOT THEM ALL! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

-- Steve uses synths (particularly for heavy ammo) extensively when running solo. It's not necessary, just convenient. (And fun. Steve likes big boom.)

PS: It's best not to carry more than 20 of each, given how it seems to get glitchy when stored as multiple "stacks." Another reason to have the occasional "fire sale"...

Smoke 'em if you got 'em! At a certain point, there is literally no reason not to pop that heavy ammo synth.

So I agree, nuke it from orbit, baby.

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:23 (3470 days ago) @ The Woaf

Yeah, I agree with everyone else:

1) Green engrams from Rahool will upgrade your Cryptarch rank a lil bit with each purchase.
2) Buy some heavy & special synthesis
3) See if there are any cool spaceships you want

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:59 (3470 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Awesome stuff, guys. Thanks!

I use synthesis in a pinch and like to have 5 of each on standby at all times but I guess I can be a bit more care free with the Zombie Apocalypse in the future. I didn't think to have a gander at what Holiday has to offer so I'll get on that when I'm next on.

You collectively rock, DBO.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread