Check your post master!! (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 04:43 (3456 days ago)

I signed into Destiny bright and early after the reset today and the Postmaster had a package for me. It was a Legendary package with the Destiny Tricorn and it was called "Plus One". The description was a thanks from Bungie, and when I opened it I got one of the new Legendary Sparrows--the EV-30 Tumbler!

Damnit this thing is fun :)

Pretty sure it's for purchasing the DLC pass

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 04:54 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Paychecks didn't get mailed on time so I couldn't pick it up as planned when they announced the rewards on thursday.

Curious if buying the DLC pass after today will still net one of these new sparrows.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 05:36 (3456 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Huh... I didn't buy the DLC pack or season pass yet... I wonder why I got this then? The message on the package was a very general "thanks for playing Destiny" type of message. It didn't say anything about the DLC, but I do recall that DeeJ's description in the Weekly Update did mention specifically that this "something special" was related to the DLC purchase. Very odd....

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 05:38 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I think all the limited/supercoolkid versions of the game came with the season pass as well, if you have one of those?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 05:41 (3456 days ago) @ HavokBlue

No--I originally bought the super cool kid digital version and preloaded it on my Xbox One--but then I returned it when they announced the "free upgrade" and just bought the ho-hum standard digital version on the Xbox 360 then downloaded the "free" version on my Xbone. Maybe since I bought the digital guardian edition I triggered the Bungie servers to think I bought the expansion pass even though it was returned...

Has anyone gotten it that didn't get pass/special editions?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:42 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

I kind of did?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:15 (3456 days ago) @ Leviathan

I didn't actually own the Expansion Pass when I received the package (but because I felt bad, I just went and purchased it on the Xbox store and definitely had to pay for it... so I didn't own it without realizing it already).

Now I can enjoy my Tumbler guilt free!!

I kind of did?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:23 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I had to enter my expansion code from my Ghost edition before the gift showed up. Which meant I had to track down my silly steel box which fir some reason wasn't in my big Ghost box...

Has anyone who has it gone to special orders?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:51 (3456 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It sounds like you can get it for your alt characters from special orders.

Yep. It's there for my other characters.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:51 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Check your post master!!

by petetheduck, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 06:40 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I signed into Destiny bright and early after the reset today and the Postmaster had a package for me. It was a Legendary package with the Destiny Tricorn and it was called "Plus One". The description was a thanks from Bungie, and when I opened it I got one of the new Legendary Sparrows--the EV-30 Tumbler!

Damnit this thing is fun :)

Sweet! Out of town, but bought the Season Pass before I left just in case. Also, glad I'll have a chance at catching up in Iron Banner when I return.

This thing is stupid fun

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 07:49 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I fired up Destiny before work to try the Tumbler out for a few minutes. It's just about the greatest thing in the game. Just drive off into the hellmouth and see how many backflips you can pull before you explode.

This thing is stupid fun

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:08 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Wait... It does more than roll? TO THE MOON!

Also, use the dpad.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:11 (3456 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Kickflips, sucka!

I have things to do! Stop telling me these things!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:15 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Also apparently landing tricks refills your boost.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:22 (3456 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Somebody made a video

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 09:07 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Somebody made a video

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 09:51 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Whoa! How do you do those tricks? Holding RT lets you do the rolls, but I didn't realize that we had tricks! Is it the D-Pad or something?

Somebody made a video

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 09:51 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Whoa! How do you do those tricks? Holding RB lets you do the rolls, but I didn't realize that we had tricks! Is it the D-Pad or something?

It is the d-pad, correct. You can also roll and do tricks at the same time.

Somebody made a video

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:41 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Somebody needs to try the dancing sparrow glitch to see if they can do tricks while dancing. I'm guessing it will cause you to sit back down, but who knows?

Dancing is nigh impossible on this thing

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 11:53 (3456 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

You can dance if you want to. You can leave your team behind. But if you bank too hard or land any jumps you'll--no longer dance.

Basically any time the sparrow does the "landing" animation, you sit down. Even if you are going over a normal little hump in the geometry. I'll post a video when this upload completes.

Dancing is nigh impossible on this thing

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 12:08 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

You can dance if you want to.
You can leave your team behind.
But if you bank too hard, or land any jumps,
Then you ain't no friend of mine.

Fixed.

*EDIT* Wait, were you going for that joke originally?
*EDIT EDIT* Heh, yup, I'm a derp. Moral of the story is I like your style JD! :P

Dancing is nigh impossible on this thing *VID*

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 12:28 (3456 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

You can dance if you want to.
You can leave your team behind.
But if you bank too hard, or land any jumps,
Then you ain't no friend of mine.

Fixed.

*EDIT* Wait, were you going for that joke originally?
*EDIT EDIT* Heh, yup, I'm a derp. Moral of the story is I like your style JD! :P

You're hired! :) I was going for the joke--and I rushed it at the end. We can still be friends!

Anyway, here's the clip! You can see that sometimes, even without boosting, just going over certain geometry makes you sit down. It's very hard to drive "gently" enough to maintain the dancing for a trick, but I managed to do a sweet sweet barrel roll while dancing at the end of the clip

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 12:39 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Man, I cannot wait to get off work tonight! Sooo looking forward to my fancy new Sparrow!

by Phoenix_9286 @, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 13:53 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I have never been more disappointed that I don't have an Xbox One to play this game.

I'm sad about the lack of hang time this person is getting

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:45 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

There is a much better spot right near there, I'm going to have to make a video.

Adding it to my task list.

I'm sad about the lack of hang time this person is getting

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 14:58 (3455 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It was actually driving me nuts that they kept insisting on going ALL the way back around to that one jump, all the while passing by plenty of rocks that could have gotten them just as much air.

I gots to get me one of those

by R41, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 14:07 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

backflips while dancing!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:14 (3456 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Side splitting...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:49 (3456 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Sitting at work, reading all the updates and comments about this is friggin' HILARIOUS! Can't wait to sign on tonight!

Keep it up; DBO Community is AWESOME. :D

This thing is a Hunters dream.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 17:17 (3455 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Fast with Style. I would like to use this sucker on my main (Warlock) - but this Sparrow doesn't match the character I have set up for my Warlock.

Why not both?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 17:23 (3455 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You can get one for all of your characters at special orders. FLAME DECALS ON EVERYTHING.

Why not both?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 17:53 (3455 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You can get one for all of your characters at special orders. FLAME DECALS ON EVERYTHING.

Because a Titan would go faster and faster intill the sparrow exploded and a Warlock would... um...

Hmmmm...

I don't know. Probably just fly. Or No Fly - Jump good.

AKUUUUUUUUUUU!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 10:34 (3455 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

:D

This man wins. He understands the reference.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 04:53 (3454 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 05:21

That said - it occurred to me what a warlock would have. It would have alarmingly good control, be very powerful, and very fast.

Not At Postmaster

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 20:26 (3455 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I purchased the Digital Guardian Edition for PS4. When I logged in, The Tumbler was not at the Postmaster. Has anyone else experienced this? A brief online search shows that other players have, but there doesn't seem to be a consistent way to fix it.

Did you check the special orders person?

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 20:46 (3455 days ago) @ rliebherr

- No text -

I did. No luck.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 21:12 (3455 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

Not At Postmaster

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 06:09 (3455 days ago) @ rliebherr

It was only at the Postmaster for one of my characters, instead of being a shared one-time-only item like I expected.

Check your other characters?

Not At Postmaster

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 08:13 (3455 days ago) @ rliebherr

I purchased the Digital Guardian Edition for PS4. When I logged in, The Tumbler was not at the Postmaster. Has anyone else experienced this? A brief online search shows that other players have, but there doesn't seem to be a consistent way to fix it.

Last friday I purchased the Expansion Pass, nothing at the postmaster. Was a purchase of the expansion pass on the 14th enough to get me that sparrow? I only checked with one of my characters tho'.

Not At Postmaster

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 08:14 (3455 days ago) @ dogcow

Last friday I purchased the Expansion Pass, nothing at the postmaster. Was a purchase of the expansion pass on the 14th enough to get me that sparrow? I only checked with one of my characters tho'.

Did you get a code for the sparrow maybe? Thought I saw something about that on reddit.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread