PSA: Iron Banner "Tempered" (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:29 (3454 days ago)

Just a quick heads-up before you spend that Mote of Light… When buying the Tempered buff from Lord Saladin, the effect is immediate upon purchase! I thought it was going to work like Ether Seeds or Ammo Synths where you have to activate it from your Inventory, but nope: the 12 hour timer starts tickin' once you make the purchase!

Can you buy more than one?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:59 (3454 days ago) @ Beorn

Can you buy another one after the 12 hour buff wears off? The weekly update made it sound like it was a one time thing, yet it is sold for coins.

I REALLY Hope So

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 09:10 (3454 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I bought mine this morning and, like Beorn, thought I was going to just activate it when I was going to get to play for a few hours. Instead, I got an hours of use out of it this morning and might be able to squeeze in 45 minutes during my lunch break before it expires. They really should have added something along the lines of "activates immediately upon purchase" to the item description.

-Disciple

I REALLY Hope So

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 09:18 (3454 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I bought mine this morning and, like Beorn, thought I was going to just activate it when I was going to get to play for a few hours. Instead, I got an hours of use out of it this morning and might be able to squeeze in 45 minutes during my lunch break before it expires. They really should have added something along the lines of "activates immediately upon purchase" to the item description.

-Disciple

or just made it a consumable like ammo/jackolyte/telemetry.

Confirmed by Bungie Dev Stream

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 13:37 (3454 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wonderful. thanks!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 15:17 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Wonderful. thanks!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 10:22 (3453 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yep I'm on my 2nd now.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread