Iron Banner is glorious... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 09:38 (3456 days ago)

in rebalancing the fights (or rather, removing balance from), Iron Banner has completely changed the dynamic of how Crucible plays... I can't seem to put it into words, but the game is much more satisfying, even if you simply go positive in a losing game...

Wanted to showcase my brief encounter with it so far. (Count the Bounties that this game alone granted me.)

-Clearly, you need to have a good team with strong communication...

-I don't know if this is normal, but Iron Banner's really paying out. My second game gave me another "Patience & Time", while the other games have made me think that maybe the chances of getting a drop are higher than the regular Crucible.

-I haven't encountered any players being AFK, though quitters still quit on occasion (fortunately they've mostly been on the other team). Is it possible that Cody's blowing things out of proportion? Surely not!

-Heavy Machine guns are far more useful than rockets, at least in Iron Banner. I took a Gjallarhorn's blast and part of the Wolf Pack, and I lived to fight again. I recommend buying The Swarm... Doesn't waste rounds, and is great/accurate at range, even in regular Crucible:

Iron Banner is glorious...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 13:15 (3456 days ago) @ Korny

Are you going to be on tonight? Let's do the Vault on Hard then play Iron banner all night.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 13:18 (3456 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Are you going to be on tonight? Let's do the Vault on Hard then play Iron banner all night.

I wouldn't mind a hard run.
Finally maxed out that Mythoclast... It's alright.
Speedracer got himself something reeeeal nice... But it might take him a while to get it raid ready...

I havent done hard raid yet

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 15:04 (3456 days ago) @ Korny

but I do have a level 29 warlock with a maxed supremacy, thunderlord, and tdyk

Spec_ops_Grunt on ps4

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 16:54 (3456 days ago) @ Korny

Speedracer got himself something reeeeal nice... But it might take him a while to get it raid ready...

Gjallarhorn?!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 23:08 (3455 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Gjallarhorn?!

Indeed. :-D

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 10:20 (3455 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Count me in on that :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 10:36 (3455 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Also I just bought some new boots from the Iron Banner vendor, so I'll finally hit 30 in another day or two :D

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 15:28 (3455 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Also I just bought some new boots from the Iron Banner vendor, so I'll finally hit 30 in another day or two :D

Sweet. Welcome to the club!

by Monochron, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 17:07 (3456 days ago) @ Korny

I haven't noticed anything significantly different yet. I spent my first game watching a level 26 wreck multiple level 29s. Since then it has been odd strength issues where a full fusion rifle to the face only takes down half a someone's health or people sliding out of the way of any damage.

There are a lot of small issues that serve to frustrate me to no end that I have forgotten about the crucible that this Iron Banner just reminds me of.

Also, why in the wold is it only Control?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 17:09 (3456 days ago) @ Monochron

There are a lot of small issues that serve to frustrate me to no end that I have forgotten about the crucible that this Iron Banner just reminds me of.

Also, why in the wold is it only Control?

Have you tried crucible with a full fireteam of DBO'ers? I hated crucible until I played with a bunch of guys on here. I've done a 180.

by Avateur @, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 17:38 (3456 days ago) @ Korny

Damn dude that gameplay. You utterly destroyed some kids. I thoroughly enjoyed watching your gameplay! It sucks that you're on the PS4, because I think we'd have a blast stomping on all the things. It'd also be cool if somehow we could get matched against each other, because I'd love to get a challenge like that for once. :P

Dat Swarm......

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 10:00 (3455 days ago) @ Korny

Buying that gun was a game changer for me in crucible. Between a 300 Suros, 300 Praedyth's Revenge, 300 Swarm I was having a blast last night.

[image]

Dat Swarm......

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 15:43 (3455 days ago) @ unoudid

All three of my characters have a Swarm, but sometimes my warlock has to break out Thunderlord. I wish AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" started playing every time I equip it.

Dat Swarm......

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 17:15 (3455 days ago) @ unoudid

You're in a clan called "Browncoat"?

Color me intrigued.

Dat Swarm......

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 19:47 (3455 days ago) @ Kermit

It's my friends firefly clan. I love the show so I m still in it. We mainly joined so we could get the raid achievement lol. Nothing special

Dat Swarm......

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 22:00 (3454 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by Korny, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 22:54

Buying that gun was a game changer for me in crucible. Between a 300 Suros, 300 Praedyth's Revenge, 300 Swarm I was having a blast last night.

[image]

I leveled up my Corrective Measure, and it's a great alternative. A little less accurate, but you can get way more ammo.

I also got a Jolder's Hammer (Iron Banner Machine Gun), and it has about the same stats as the Swarm, but low stability and a much smaller ammo count on exchange for a much higher range and impact. I even retooled it to improve the reload and stability... Yay slow-firing Machine Guns!

Dat Corrective Measure......

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 23:22 (3454 days ago) @ Korny

I leveled up my Corrective Measure, and it's a great alternative. A little less accurate, but you can get way more ammo.

Actually, I may keep the Corrective Measure over the Swarm...

Also, a fun little moment in that same game...

Dat Corrective Measure......

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 20, 2014, 07:10 (3454 days ago) @ Korny

I find your lack of reload disturbing

Seriously, that was insane.

Bravo!!!!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 13:15 (3454 days ago) @ Korny

the blade dancer part was seriously awesome. and that clip makes me want to try out my Corrective Measure on my main. I have one fully leveled on my Alt Hunter that I never play in crucible.... maybe I should give it a shot?

you're too good

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 16:01 (3454 days ago) @ Korny

your self-revive after watching the blade dancer made me chuckle

you're too good

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 17:22 (3454 days ago) @ marmot 1333

your self-revive after watching the blade dancer made me chuckle

Heh. I wanted to wave at him, but the Heavy ammo had just dropped, and I wanted to make sure that the enemy team was greeted by a few free sniper bullets when they went for it...

Dat Swarm......

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 22:01 (3454 days ago) @ unoudid

I got it randomly with the field scout ability, 60 bullet clip is amazing!

Dat Swarm......

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 02:38 (3454 days ago) @ Xenos

I got a 2nd void swarm the other day - this time with Field Scout. I think sacrificing Perfect Balance will be worth it. :D

Dat Swarm......

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 05:12 (3454 days ago) @ Xenos

Awwwwww yiss I have that too. Plus you get more heavy ammo in MP drops. It's a lovely thing.

Dat Swarm......

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 08:39 (3454 days ago) @ Xenos

I have the Zombie Apocalypse HMG with the field scout upgrade. It gives me 75 rounds in a mag. What do people mean when they say "reloading"?

- CC

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread