loading areas (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 09:00 (3455 days ago)

I've rarely noticed any pauses in Destiny except in one spot, when zigzagging through the buildings on my way from the Divide to the Rocketyards, where there would consistently be a short pause and a loading message.

Since the update, I'm getting a longer pause and the message as I move between more areas. Anyone else?

loading areas

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 09:29 (3455 days ago) @ Kermit

Can't say I've noticed anything, but I wonder if there's some sort of caching going on, that needs re-cached since some of the content has changed? Either that, or there's just more stuff to load now.

loading areas

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 09:32 (3455 days ago) @ Kermit

I've noticed these pauses a lot more since I got my upgraded Stealth Drive sparrow. Venus, the Moon, and Earth all have them in spades. I haven't noticed them as often on Mars, but that may simply be a result of me not spending much time there.

loading areas

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 10:10 (3455 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I've noticed these pauses a lot more since I got my upgraded Stealth Drive sparrow. Venus, the Moon, and Earth all have them in spades. I haven't noticed them as often on Mars, but that may simply be a result of me not spending much time there.

Ah, I bet that's it! My sparrow is too fast now. :)

loading areas

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 09:49 (3455 days ago) @ Kermit

I've rarely noticed any pauses in Destiny except in one spot, when zigzagging through the buildings on my way from the Divide to the Rocketyards, where there would consistently be a short pause and a loading message.

I get that, and between the landing point on Venus and the Ash Wastes, and when going to the big land tank on Mars.

-- Steve's internet was blazingly fast a decade ago... but hasn't gotten any faster since. Sigh.

loading areas

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 12:09 (3455 days ago) @ Kermit

I get the one between The Divide and Rocketyard a lot too. My theory is it's more network related than the game having to load in new content though since sometimes I cross just fine while others I sit there for several seconds. I think it's trying to find you an available instance of the next zone and sometimes that takes a bit longer than it takes you to actually reach that new area.

loading areas

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 12:20 (3455 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I get the one between The Divide and Rocketyard a lot too. My theory is it's more network related than the game having to load in new content though since sometimes I cross just fine while others I sit there for several seconds. I think it's trying to find you an available instance of the next zone and sometimes that takes a bit longer than it takes you to actually reach that new area.

Especially when you skip the bridge and half circle from Hellmouth->Anchor of Light!

loading areas

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 20:36 (3455 days ago) @ Kermit

I've noticed its worse with mine since the update too. I was getting alot of new errors and boots this week, can't tell if its from the update, xbox live, or just my connection, but there was def a difference.

loading areas

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 12:53 (3454 days ago) @ red robber

XBL had some issues Tuesday night. It seemed to me like it only affected XBone - I got disconnected there, but switched over to my 360 immediately and that was fine.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread