Angel of Light In Depth Guide/Review - Underrated (Destiny)

by Paper Cut2u, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:07 (3455 days ago)

I don't see this perk used much in the crucible, and with the iron banner out you may want to consider it into your build. If you have anything to add in regards to this perk leave it in the comments section and i'll edit it into the post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhRJ6L1H2Ak&list=UUxbPPRLMx7nl9lyv8YAHh_w

Angel of Light In Depth Guide/Review - Underrated

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:32 (3455 days ago) @ Paper Cut2u

Is the benefit of AoL primarily sniping? I actually like to use touch of flame because in conjunction with viking funeral, it can make firebolt grenades unstoppable during radiance; if I don't snipe very often, am I going to see a huge benefit from AoL?

That said for your playstyle, that looks pretty vicious.

by Paper Cut2u, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:57 (3455 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It's definitely more beneficial for snipers cause they suffer the most from inaccuracy in the air, but it does help a bit. So if you're not using a sniper you mainly get the ability to out maneuver other players and the ability to shoot at people from unconventional areas. At one point in the video i change abilities during the match. So if you want the grenades for your special you can change to it. I do this as well cause double grenades during radiance kicks ass. I like also like the survivability of it. Otherwise you're gonna have to try it out and see what you think.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 15:55 (3455 days ago) @ Paper Cut2u
edited by iconicbanana, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 15:59

So if you want the grenades for your special you can change to it. I do this as well cause double grenades during radiance kicks ass. I like also like the survivability of it. Otherwise you're gonna have to try it out and see what you think.

I don't typically use double grenades. The burn attached to firebolt grenades will kill a full health enemy (ninja edit: not quite, but I usually get two grenade hits, which is a kill) if you use both touch of flame and viking funeral during your radiance; the added benefit of not needing line of site is too good to pass up as far as I'm concerned. It's a best when coupled with Praxic Fire.

by Monochron, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:34 (3455 days ago) @ Paper Cut2u

I tried it out and saw my accuracy seriously drop when I couldn't strafe. Could be a weakness of mine, but I constantly strafe while aiming and losing that throws me way off.

by Paper Cut2u, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:59 (3455 days ago) @ Monochron

I don't know what you mean??? This perk only affects you in the air.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 14:04 (3455 days ago) @ Paper Cut2u

I think he means normally when you jump you maintain the momentum you had while strafing, whereas angel of light slows you down so I'm guessing it throws off his aim?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 14:26 (3455 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Actually, I think he was just comparing it to aiming on the ground. When you're on the ground you can adjust your aim slightly by strafing. It allows for smaller adjustments. Can't really do that when you're suspended in the air (I think).

I remember when I was first playing Halo: CE, one of the better players I knew taught me to make fine lateral adjustments when aiming by moving my character side-to-side, rather than looking. It's something I think we all do instinctively by now, but I'm always conscious of it because it was so specifically pointed out to me.

by Paper Cut2u, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 15:08 (3454 days ago) @ stabbim

This is a big thing. The reason a lot of people adjust their aim by strafing (the left joystick) is because the sensitivity is typically lower than on your aimer making it easier to make small adjustments.

by HavokBlue, California, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 15:45 (3455 days ago) @ Paper Cut2u

I use Angel of Light for crucible as a survival tool. If I'm defending a room, for example, and my shields are out, I can levitate a few seconds above the door frame and out of the line of sight of whoever is trying to make me miserable.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread