A Quick Question About Leveling Up (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 07:39 (3454 days ago)

I just started a Hunter last night, and just realized how long it took to get me where my Warlock is now. So I had a stupid idea--if a fireteam of friends get to the end of a Nightfall Strike, invite me in, and I pop off a shot or two at the boss and hide, would I get a ridiculous amount of XP and jump a whole bunch of levels, or is there a failsafe against that?

There is

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 20, 2014, 07:59 (3454 days ago) @ Morpheus

You can only join Nightfalls from lvl25 or 26 onwards.

What About Daily Heroics? Same Thing?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 18:04 (3454 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

You can only join stuff at most 3 levels higher than yours

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:13 (3454 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

A Quick Question About Leveling Up

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 08:03 (3454 days ago) @ Morpheus

I was pretty surprised at how quickly I was able to level up to 20 with my second character. If you can get some higher level players to play with you, then you can tackle the higher difficulty story missions for bonus XP. Plus now you can carry a ton of bounties to level up quickly.

This ^^

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:40 (3454 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

My Titan went from 1-20 in like 10 hours of gameplay at most. Then I already had 2 purple and 1 Blue gear so I was a 25 instantly. That's part of why they give you stuff for different class I assume, to make the leveling not as hard.

by Slothboy, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 13:43 (3454 days ago) @ Morpheus

I started a Hunter about a week ago. After 8 hours and 15 minutes she hit 20, and then immediately went to 21 when I decoded the engrams I had stashed for her.

That was all solo play too, with the exception of a couple strikes of course.

I had banked a few low level uncommon weapons that I was able to use almost immediately, so that helped me breeze through the first few missions. I also got in the habit of playing with my warlock to suck up rare and legendary engrams, and then dumping them into the vault so my hunter could decode them. At level 10 I had a full set of rare gear.

I did vangaurd bounties religiously and made sure to play all content at the highest level I could without exceeding my character level to maximize xp.

I would actually be more like level 25 or so if the Cryptarch wasn't such an ever-loving bastard. I decoded two legendary gauntlet engrams, a legendary helmet engram, a legendary class item engram and three legendary boot engrams. I ended up with ascendant materials, a pair of gloves for a warlock, and three pairs of legendary hunter boots. (it's something!) I also rolled the dice and decoded an exotic helmet engram that my warlock bought from xur but that turned into a titan helmet. Guess I know what my next character will be.

rahool is such a dick.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, November 20, 2014, 13:49 (3454 days ago) @ Slothboy

It took me about 10 - 11 hours to the 20/21, & then hit 26 at about 17 hours with my new hunter. I'm hoping that my next alt (warlock) will be even faster, closer to what it took you... I hope!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread