Dark Below Intro Cinematic (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 08:41 (3454 days ago)

From Reddit. Dunno how long it will last, don't think it was released intentionally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKlGMPJaTCY

beat me to it

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 08:59 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

i took too long typing my message :(

To be fair, it is a trailer, not an intro cinematic.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:00 (3454 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

PS4 Clock Glitch

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:13 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I noticed the Navigator at the end had the PS4 controls. The video description says that it was due to a glitch. I wonder if he got to it by changing his system clock? People have been able to make Xur appear in the tower by changing their system clock (although they couldn't buy anything from him).

Clever Girl

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:16 (3454 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I noticed the Navigator at the end had the PS4 controls. The video description says that it was due to a glitch. I wonder if he got to it by changing his system clock? People have been able to make Xur appear in the tower by changing their system clock (although they couldn't buy anything from him).

That's a nifty trick. Could people cue the weekly reset doing that?

Clever Girl

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:17 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

the problem is that it will load local assets (xur is on your machine), but you couldn't buy anything from him b/c he wasn't "there" on the server. I'm guessing that the video is a local asset, so you would be able to bring it up if your system clock has the correct date on it

Clever Girl

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:20 (3454 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

the problem is that it will load local assets (xur is on your machine), but you couldn't buy anything from him b/c he wasn't "there" on the server. I'm guessing that the video is a local asset, so you would be able to bring it up if your system clock has the correct date on it

I was more wondering if setting your system clock to the next week could allow you to get raid gear again from the raid, effectively allowing you to run it twice per character.

Clever Girl

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:27 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

hmm, i don't know. I have an Xbone, so i can't really test that. I'm pretty sure that you can't override the system clock while connected to the internet.

Clever Girl

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 10:18 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Doubtful. Acquiring any gear is going to involve an exchange between your local client and Bungie's servers, and the servers know what time it is and whether the reset has occurred.

Clever Girl

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 10:34 (3454 days ago) @ stabbim

Doubtful. Acquiring any gear is going to involve an exchange between your local client and Bungie's servers, and the servers know what time it is and whether the reset has occurred.

I figured; probably would have heard about that exploit by now. Still an entertaining thought, I'm surprised you can actually set the clock manually on a PS4. Is that an offline only thing?

Wouldn't be so quick on the trigger there

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 20, 2014, 14:19 (3454 days ago) @ stabbim

The servers are clearly unaware that I haven't earned any Vanguard marks since last reset, because it still shows my 25 from last week.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 14:52 (3454 days ago) @ ZackDark

Are you viewing that in the game, or via Bungie.net/Destiny app? The website and app don't update until you've actually played.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 20, 2014, 15:23 (3454 days ago) @ stabbim

Are you viewing that in the game, or via Bungie.net/Destiny app? The website and app don't update until you've actually played.

Exactly my point. Maybe the server doesn't even check a few things until your system connects to them.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 16:55 (3453 days ago) @ ZackDark

Pretty sure you have to connect to run a strike. Or even play at all.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:15 (3453 days ago) @ stabbim

What I mean is that the mark counter is, perhaps, client-side. That would open up the possibility of further things to also be client-side, like the reset event.

Dark Below Intro Cinematic

by Monochron, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:16 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Looks pretty badass. If reception is good I might end up buying it.

I REALLY hope they flesh out her comment that he "took everything from me". Making this personal would make for a really interesting story.

Eris was the only survivor because...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:37 (3454 days ago) @ Monochron

....she was disconnected from the server. ;)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 12:20 (3454 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

wait what if she's related somehow to Zaeed Massani???

/sorry not sorry

by Dean Hofmeyer (unhh) @, Warsaw, IN, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 14:00 (3454 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

wait what if she's related somehow to Zaeed Massani???

I have seen what the goddamn Hive call a goddamn god.

I lol'd. All disconnects in CE Raid should be "Eris" errors

by kornman00, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 14:15 (3454 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

In all seriousness, I wonder if the "he took everything from me" is a reference to her having 3 eyes...maybe he somehow tried to twist her into a minion of the Dark and make her some Human/Hive hybrid? Possibly an experiment to what they want to do to all of Earth? But she fought back and now she's out for revenge.

Calling it now: If you die in Crota's End a lemon-bar Cursed Thrall spawns at your place of death. And...you have to use a Sword to kill it before you can revive the downed person. Effectively, you're possessed by the Hive when you die, until the Sword carrier uses their Light to bring you back :p

I lol'd. All disconnects in CE Raid should be "Eris" errors

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 14:21 (3454 days ago) @ kornman00

In all seriousness, I wonder if the "he took everything from me" is a reference to her having 3 eyes...maybe he somehow tried to twist her into a minion of the Dark and make her some Human/Hive hybrid? Possibly an experiment to what they want to do to all of Earth? But she fought back and now she's out for revenge.

Calling it now: If you die in Crota's End a lemon-bar Cursed Thrall spawns at your place of death. And...you have to use a Sword to kill it before you can revive the downed person. Effectively, you're possessed by the Hive when you die, until the Sword carrier uses their Light to bring you back :p

I've wondered if the Hive are actually zombie humans spawned after the collapse, and Oryx is some sort of God that can morph corpses into Hive like the Traveler does with gaurdians. When you fight the hive you're actually fighting the victims of some horrible genocide against humanity.

Thralls: humans incapable of harnessing the Light?

by kornman00, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 14:29 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

IIRC, the Speaker or Ghost basically says that 'not everyone can harness the Light' during the initial part of the game. So maybe Thralls are everyone else?

Thralls: humans incapable of harnessing the Light?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 14:35 (3454 days ago) @ kornman00

IIRC, the Speaker or Ghost basically says that 'not everyone can harness the Light' during the initial part of the game. So maybe Thralls are everyone else?

Or a more insidious possibility: the corpses of gaurdians that have been drained of their light (via Crota's sword)?

Zombie Apocalypse WF47

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, November 20, 2014, 14:42 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I've often wondered where the Zombie Apocalypse fit into Destiny's lore... this may explain it. (I am ignorant of any grimoire in relation to said weapon)

RNGesus is preparing me for the end.

by rhubarb, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 15:52 (3454 days ago) @ dogcow

I have four Zombie Apocalypse machine guns. 2 arc and one each solar/void.

RNGesus is preparing me for the end.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, November 21, 2014, 12:05 (3453 days ago) @ rhubarb

I have four Zombie Apocalypse machine guns. 2 arc and one each solar/void.

I want a picture of a guardian dual wielding Zombie Apocalypses. Haha.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 11:42 (3454 days ago) @ iconicbanana

So good. SO GOOD. That music is fantastic. Do we know if it's Marty? Sounds like his work, but I'm not sure.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 15:01 (3454 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So good. SO GOOD. That music is fantastic. Do we know if it's Marty? Sounds like his work, but I'm not sure.

I've wondered how much was already Salvatori's contribution all these years. I'm not dismissing Marty at all, but we may still get beautiful music without him and the transition may be hard to spot.

Also, Destiny has more of a immersive, supportive palette than Halo, who's music was as much of the narrative as the story, so that makes it harder to discern as well.

(While we're on the subject, do we know when the soundtrack's coming out on CD?)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:36 (3453 days ago) @ Leviathan

I've wondered how much was already Salvatori's contribution all these years. I'm not dismissing Marty at all, but we may still get beautiful music without him and the transition may be hard to spot.

Also, Destiny has more of a immersive, supportive palette than Halo, who's music was as much of the narrative as the story, so that makes it harder to discern as well.

(While we're on the subject, do we know when the soundtrack's coming out on CD?)

I want my CD version too!

I hate that I continue to speculate on this malevolent subject matter with no clear answers. Brings back the sadness everytime.

I can't help but wonder if there has been any strain on Mike and Marty's personal relationship with the sudden and petty departure. I hope that they have been able to stay/rise above the pettiness of the whole thing.

What I've been wondering for a while, is Mike able to consult with Marty? Marty was able to consult with Mike for years and years without him technically being an employee on site. I realize it could be a big conflict of interests to actively consult with an ex-employee, even if it is somehow allowed...

I can't let go, and hope with all hope that Marty is still somehow able to breathe into the music or audio development.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 20:32 (3453 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I can't let go, and hope with all hope that Marty is still somehow able to breathe into the music or audio development.

Well, the good news is, he already has! :) He shaped Destiny's sound and thematic style and now they have that foundation to build upon for years. That's a lot better than say, this happening directly after Reach before Destiny came into its own!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 21:28 (3453 days ago) @ Leviathan

Well, the good news is, he already has! :) He shaped Destiny's sound and thematic style and now they have that foundation to build upon for years. That's a lot better than say, this happening directly after Reach before Destiny came into its own!

I relish in your consistent positivity and optimism as a poster and as a person. I can feel that it just comes out of your pores.

My fear is that the initial gusts will fade, as if exhaled onto a window. Fading into time...
[image]
With the breath, it is a pleasant canvas; Without the breath it is a transparent pane.

10 years is a long time

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 21, 2014, 05:14 (3453 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I want my CD version too!

I hate that I continue to speculate on this malevolent subject matter with no clear answers. Brings back the sadness everytime.

I can't help but wonder if there has been any strain on Mike and Marty's personal relationship with the sudden and petty departure. I hope that they have been able to stay/rise above the pettiness of the whole thing.

I'm pretty confident that everything is fine between Marty and Mike.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread