BWU 11/20/2014 - That One About Tweaks (Destiny)

by Zero @, Florida, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 15:50 (3452 days ago)

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update--11202014/en/News/News?aid=12419

Another week, and the 2nd Thupdate. This time the EV-30 Tumbler takes first spot with the Iron Banner tweaks following closely behind. Exotic tweaks aren't far behind either and it closes out with another expert from the DOC about the issues this past week.

You mean Thursdate right?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 16:04 (3452 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Really wish there was more details about the tweaks

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 16:04 (3452 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Raids Next

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 16:10 (3452 days ago) @ Zero

I'm glad to see their next focus will be on the Raid. I haven't personally encountered many bugs, but they are frustrating when I do encounter them.

Raids Next

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, November 21, 2014, 12:06 (3451 days ago) @ Xenos

Thankfully, none of my raid groups have been affected by the bug where Atheon only teleports one player. I have seen a few instances where it was two players, but that doesn't seem to be as much of a problem.

BWU 11/20/2014 - That One About Tweaks

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 16:54 (3452 days ago) @ Zero

The thing I'm most interested in (other than exotic buffs) is the possibility of new vendors in the tower. I have very little to spend Vanguard marks on at this point. PLEASE tell me one of the new vendors will have a void damage fusion rifle I can buy...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 18:45 (3452 days ago) @ stabbim

The thing I'm most interested in (other than exotic buffs) is the possibility of new vendors in the tower. I have very little to spend Vanguard marks on at this point. PLEASE tell me one of the new vendors will have a void damage fusion rifle I can buy...

The Crucible vendor bot sells a void 77 Wizard… Just bought one today. 150 cM.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, November 21, 2014, 12:05 (3451 days ago) @ Beorn

Yep. Crucible Marks.

Anybody seen a big version of the Tumbler EV-30 concept art?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 20:01 (3452 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Subtlety is Key

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 21, 2014, 07:44 (3452 days ago) @ Zero

Maybe its nothing. Maybe I'm just reading into something that doesn't exist, except to that of my long long lost mind. -But-!

It seems that the update next week will update 7 ( feigned *Shock*) Exotics:

[image]

We're about to give you more reasons to covet almost all of the Exotics in the Grimoire deck. With the last update behind us, we can start to telegraph the next. Exotics are about to come off the workbench. We'll be shuffling the cards before The Dark Below launches. Just in time for fresh targets. We know you've been waiting and asking while we've been working.

It also seems the the update will have update to the raid:

We’ll continue to have conversations about how to support the solo player over the longer term. Right now, our attention is focused on the feedback you’ve given us about the Raid.

Subtlety is Key

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, November 21, 2014, 07:47 (3452 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It seems that the update next week will update 7 ( feigned *Shock*) Exotics:

Did he say next week? I thought the only timeframe he gave was "before Dark Below"

Subtlety is Key

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 21, 2014, 09:06 (3452 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

We’ll continue to have conversations about how to support the solo player over the longer term. Right now, our attention is focused on the feedback you’ve given us about the Raid.

This sounds like they may be hinting at matchmaking for the Raid, which in my opinion is one of many things the Raid got right by its exclusion.

I'd prefer they focus on fixing the odd teleports, rather than ostensibly enabling more playtime teams of randoms that drop in or out.

Alternatively, those two sentences may not be related.

Subtlety is Key

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, November 21, 2014, 09:48 (3452 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm for raid matchmaking if it means I won't get spammed with messages every time I go to the Tower.

Subtlety is Key

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, November 21, 2014, 09:53 (3452 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm for raid matchmaking if it means I won't get spammed with messages every time I go to the Tower.

The bigger (though not major) concern I have with them adding Raid matchmaking is people will finish their Raids early with randoms and not wait to run it with fellow friends/DBOers/arch nemeses.

Subtlety is Key

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, November 21, 2014, 10:12 (3452 days ago) @ Xenos

That's the only people I want to run it with. Why play with random jerk when I can play with jerks I already know (except Korny on PS4)?

Subtlety is Key

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 21, 2014, 10:14 (3452 days ago) @ Xenos

The bigger (though not major) concern I have with them adding Raid matchmaking is people will finish their Raids early with randoms and not wait to run it with fellow friends/DBOers/arch nemeses.

This. I think it will upset the social dynamic that is unique to Raids, and part of what makes it special. I have a gaming buddy is who is old like me and complains about not having enough friends to run the raid. I've said this before here in a different way, but finding people to play with isn't very hard, and requiring a little effort in preparation for the raid is like requiring a house downpayment before getting a mortgage. With zero-effort-down I think we could end up with many players "underwater" and a lot of abandoned "properties."

My guess is they'll change how loot works

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, November 21, 2014, 10:32 (3452 days ago) @ Kermit

This sounds like they may be hinting at matchmaking for the Raid, which in my opinion is one of many things the Raid got right by its exclusion.

Totally random loot ("ARGH! SHARDS!") is one of the complaints I've heard the most, is the most annoying, and seems like it'd be one of the easier fixes, conceptually.

Matchmaking for the Vault of Glass simply wouldn't work.

Subtlety is Key

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, November 21, 2014, 10:45 (3452 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd prefer they focus on fixing the odd teleports, rather than ostensibly enabling more playtime teams of randoms that drop in or out.

I didn't get that at all. He was speaking about how people were upset about the increased difficulty for solo players in the nightfall, but they will get to that at another time b/c they are working on fixing the raid bugs.

Subtlety is Key

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 21, 2014, 13:22 (3451 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I didn't get that at all. He was speaking about how people were upset about the increased difficulty for solo players in the nightfall, but they will get to that at another time b/c they are working on fixing the raid bugs.

Yeah, in context and I hope you're right. I shouldn't have responded after reading only the quote in INSANEDrive's post, but that's what I did. I still really hope that they don't include Raid matchmaking.

Subtlety is Key

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, November 21, 2014, 12:04 (3451 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Maybe its nothing. Maybe I'm just reading into something that doesn't exist

Maybe. I'm not sure whether that picture is meant to represent the specific weapons that are changing or not. Supporting that possibility is the fact that Both Thorn and Bad Juju are in there, which are arguably the ones most in need of a buff. Most of the others pictured either have already been rebalanced at some point (with varying degrees of success - meaning some of them are likely to be tweaked again), or have been controversial in some way.

If you're right, then I am pleased that Gjallarhorn, Universal Remote, and The Last Word are all missing from that picture. :) Not to mention Ice Breaker.

Crap, I wasn't supposed to mention Ice Breaker!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread