Update fixed Navigation (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, November 21, 2014, 06:50 (3452 days ago)

I haven't seen it mentioned but I finally played a strike and story mission since the update, and it's nice having the arrow in the radar, not on the screen and have it telling you to goto the wrong place. It used to show NEXT best location to get to the final location, but now the radar shows the direction of the final waypoint and lets you decide how to get there. I am extremely happy about this to be honest, that was such a nuisance for me.

Update fixed Navigation

by Monochron, Friday, November 21, 2014, 06:52 (3452 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Oh wow, I hadn't noticed this. I have had the waypoint bounce back and forth when I am standing about 10 feet away from the destination before, it can get kind of silly. It's pretty rare though, I would say that most of the time the waypoints work just fine. But still, nice to have the option now.

Beacon types

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, November 21, 2014, 09:06 (3452 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but you also see what the beacons are when you get close to one without having to pop out your ghost.

Beacon types

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, November 21, 2014, 09:29 (3452 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Yup. That's saved me a lot of needless nav-mode toggling.

Beacon types

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, November 21, 2014, 11:30 (3452 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Yea a lot of the little things in this update are really worth it to me. I am just surprised they let the game out without those.

I'm surprised...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, November 21, 2014, 11:45 (3452 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Yea a lot of the little things in this update are really worth it to me. I am just surprised they let the game out without those.

... that you don't appreciate how much work goes into little touches like this. I get complaining about things outright not working, but I do not understand assuming that every feature under the sun should have been included at release. It's wonderful that they are dedicated to tweaking everything in this game, from the UI to the balance, as an ongoing project.

+1

by Monochron, Friday, November 21, 2014, 20:58 (3451 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

True, but...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 08:34 (3450 days ago) @ kidtsunami

...Bungie is known fot these little touches. Take the Grunt methane recharge stations in Reach for example. Destiny has been conspicuously absent those kinds of things.

True, but...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 09:28 (3450 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

...Bungie is known fot these little touches. Take the Grunt methane recharge stations in Reach for example. Destiny has been conspicuously absent those kinds of things.

I don't think I agree. There's a lot of subtlety, and I think the interface and HUD were pretty stellar out of the gate. It's great that the infrastructure is now such that they can continue to refine things after launch.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread