A happy surprise (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 08:24 (3451 days ago)

So our Flawless Raider group had a couple of good runs through the Vault of Glass last night. We started off by running through the raid on Hard mode. I had already done a normal run earlier in the week, so this was another chance for me to snag some raid gear. I've been desperately wanting a Mythoclast since the first time I laid eyes on it.

The run itself went well. I got nothing but shards and energy from the various drops, but was hopeful as we got to Atheon. We took him down (with surprisingly little trouble) and I was rewarded with a Raid Helmet (Cool, but I already have 1) and a Timebreaker (also cool, but I already have 2).

Oh well. Another week, still nothing new.

Our group went on to do our Flawless Raider attempt for the night. Once again, we were very close. Made it all the way through with only a single death in the group. Afterwards I went back to the tower to convert a couple engrams. When I got there, I was surprised to see a message waiting for me at the post master. I was even more surprised when I opened it:

[image]

"Is that what I think it is?" I thought to myself.

"YES IT IS!"

[image]

A Mythoclast AND Atheon's Epilogue (which I already have, but I'm happy to get another for my Hunter). Best drop ever? Best drop ever.

Even through my excitement, I was puzzled. Then I remembered: I hadn't completed my Normal run earlier in the week. The group I was with got up to Atheon but didn't beat him. So when we did our Hard run earlier last night, I was given a double drop at the end. I guess it just doesn't show you the double drop during the raid.

Totally made my night :)

I'm guessing your primary slots were full?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 08:33 (3451 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 08:34 (3451 days ago) @ Xenos

No, I still had 1 empty slot.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 08:37 (3451 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

No, I still had 1 empty slot.

That's really weird. Never seen anything go to the postmaster unless your slots were full. Maybe since you got two primary items at the same time it just sent them both to the postmaster?

Congrats

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 09:24 (3451 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just in time for the buff :-)

The Mythoclast levels up pretty fast with a fusion rifle telemetry. Buy one now!

At 300 it's a hive killer for sure.

Congrats

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 11:17 (3451 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Mythoclast levels up pretty fast with a fusion rifle telemetry. Buy one now!

Good suggestion! I picked one up this morning. The thing that is really slowing me down right now is lack up Ascendant Energy. I decided about a week ago to focus on upgrading all my weapons. Burned through over 60 AEs in 2 days. Now I've got a half-dozen weapons with upgrade slots unlocked, but I can't purchase the upgrades because I've used all my AEs. I was actually excited when I got a few from the Raid last night lol

Congrats

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 09:45 (3450 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Good suggestion! I picked one up this morning. The thing that is really slowing me down right now is lack up Ascendant Energy. I decided about a week ago to focus on upgrading all my weapons. Burned through over 60 AEs in 2 days. Now I've got a half-dozen weapons with upgrade slots unlocked, but I can't purchase the upgrades because I've used all my AEs. I was actually excited when I got a few from the Raid last night lol

Wow, i just now realized that the Mythoclast is fusion rifle. [Drools.] I thought I might do the hard raid someday, but now I'm eager.

Congrats

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:37 (3450 days ago) @ Kermit

Wow, i just now realized that the Mythoclast is fusion rifle. [Drools.] I thought I might do the hard raid someday, but now I'm eager.

Yup. One of its weaknesses is total ammo capacity, but if you have any gear that lets you carry more fusion rifle ammo (like the Luck Raspberry), you can significantly mitigate that downside. You can also really easily get the "Kill 2 enemies at once 20 times" bounty with it by holding down the trigger and killing multiple bad guys.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread