Conflux Squeak (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 01:01 (3450 days ago)

The XB1 hard raid tonight was a lot of fun. Thanks for the run, guys! Still no head/chest piece but, hey, Fatebringer!

We got past the confluxes on our first attempt, although it got a little down to the wire. I ended up dying trying to hold up the left and center just as the clock ran out, and DiscipleN2k just about gave Xenos a heart attack when he was the last Guardian standing…

And then it happened again…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 01:15 (3450 days ago) @ Beorn

First pass at the Gatekeeper, everything was going well until people started getting disconnected and we got overrun at the conflux. Somehow Zero Point Fox and Master NOODLE rocked it out and kept the conflux clear, though…

And then it happened again…

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:13 (3450 days ago) @ Beorn

Luckily on this one you can see I join the Fireteam JUST before they cleared it, got Corrective Measure out of that great timing :-D

I'm such a silly man...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 14:38 (3450 days ago) @ Xenos

Luckily on this one you can see I join the Fireteam JUST before they cleared it, got Corrective Measure out of that great timing :-D

LOL, THAT explains why I felt like my Vault-rewards were so lacking; I entirely MISSED one! Just confirmed on my Bnet profile "Advisors", I've only got 3 out of 4 rewards for both Normal and Hard.

Anyone wanna do it again before the reset?! :D

I'm such a silly man...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 14:40 (3450 days ago) @ Mid7night

LOL, THAT explains why I felt like my Vault-rewards were so lacking; I entirely MISSED one! Just confirmed on my Bnet profile "Advisors", I've only got 3 out of 4 rewards for both Normal and Hard.

I DO have a second character to do it on :)

I'm such a silly man...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 14:54 (3450 days ago) @ Xenos

I DO have a second character to do it on :)

Tonight? Also, you have any idea on my missing reward question?

No luck last night

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:10 (3449 days ago) @ Xenos

Tried to do just the Gatekeeper with randoms from DestinyTracker LFG chat...MISTAKE.

Four 30's and two max-weapon-29's couldn't coordinate enough to get past the two gates. UGH.

Since I played and didn't complete, does that mean I have the Hard Gatekeeper checkpoint, or do you have to be the Fireteam leader to "keep" the progress checkpoint?

Anyone free to help tonight?

Tips

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:06 (3449 days ago) @ Mid7night

The easiest way to do it with random people is the one portal method, which is safer. You'll be going through as a group into one portal, then going to the second portal. WIth folks you know, you can get both at once. Both at once is ultimately easier, but it is trickier to get down and has less margin for error.

Take charge, and tell everybody the plan. Send two of your level 30s through the left portal, and have them focus fire on the gatekeeper. Don't kill any other enemies. Just before the gatekeeper dies, one person should head out of the portal to avoid getting the debuff, while the remaining person kills the gatekeeper, grabs the relic, and exits. Behind the portal is a safe place to avoid enemies before you kill the gatekeeper.

While this is happening, the 4 outside should be able to defend the portal.

After the relic holder comes out, minotaurs will start spawning and walking to the conflux. You may want to not put anybody on minotaur duty and just let them go. With an unfamiliar group, an extra defender can be helpful. If you feel like you will be slower, have one person at the top taking them out. Standing behind their spawn I think works best, since that cuts you off from snipers.

Repeat with the right portal. Send through the relic holder since the mark of the void will be applied instantly, and the other player will need a cleanse. Use your relic super on the gatekeeper, which should take him down about halfway, while the other player finishes him off. One the gatekeeper is dead, the relic holder should cleanse the other player, then head out and immediately defend the middle.

Once everybody is outside, the two relic holders should take out the Vex until the portal open, and then focus on one portal each. The stomp attack works very well and you can take out Praetorians all by yourself.

If you push a Praetorian back through the portal, it will respawn right at the conflux and begin sacrificing. This could be advantageous or not depending on your situation, since it won't attack you while it's sacrificing itself.

Thanks!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, November 24, 2014, 13:00 (3449 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Really good tips, some I knew but most I didn't. I've never really LED a Raid crew, as I'm still learning some of the details as I go, and I had joined an already-formed team, so I didn't feel right "taking charge". Perhaps I will next time. :)

No luck last night

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:12 (3449 days ago) @ Mid7night

Sadly I think only the fireteam leader holds the save, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still definitely willing to help, but I'd suggest starting a new topic to try and get recruits :)

I believe you should have the checkpoint.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:15 (3449 days ago) @ Xenos

Sadly I think only the fireteam leader holds the save, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still definitely willing to help, but I'd suggest starting a new topic to try and get recruits :)

This hasn't been my experience. Everyone should have the last checkpoint you reached.

Good to know, thanks!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:15 (3449 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

I believe you should have the checkpoint.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:58 (3449 days ago) @ iconicbanana

This hasn't been my experience. Everyone should have the last checkpoint you reached.

Yes, that's what I've been reading online as well. Thanks!

Correct

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, November 24, 2014, 13:35 (3449 days ago) @ Mid7night

Everyone in the party gets the checkpoint. The Fireteam Leader's progress is what determines the starting location when loading from orbit, though.

Question about the 4 "main" reward drops...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 14:45 (3450 days ago) @ Xenos

... They are sepera from the chests, yes?

So if I'm missing just one of the four "drops", do I have to replay the exact one I missed, or will any of the boss-drops fill the slot?

In the "Advisors" page, it just shows the first three slots full, but I know I missed one of the first two, not the last one. So what's the best way to get my missing reward?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 14:55 (3450 days ago) @ Mid7night

It has to be the same one. So you'd have to beat the gatekeeper part.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 14:59 (3450 days ago) @ Xenos

Ok cool. So if we can't get a crew together, I can just join someone with a Gatekeeper checkpoint and knock it out?

by petetheduck, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 15:15 (3450 days ago) @ Mid7night

Ok cool. So if we can't get a crew together, I can just join someone with a Gatekeeper checkpoint and knock it out?

I have a Hard mode Gorgon checkpoint..

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 15:20 (3450 days ago) @ petetheduck

Are you offering to pass it on, or is it on a character that needs to finish the Raid? Are you free tonight?

I'm coming home from the desert this evening, so I may not be on right at 9pm pacific, just FYI.

by petetheduck, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 15:25 (3450 days ago) @ Mid7night

Are you offering to pass it on, or is it on a character that needs to finish the Raid? Are you free tonight?

I'm coming home from the desert this evening, so I may not be on right at 9pm pacific, just FYI.

Both, or one or the other, but that's kind've late for me here on the east coast. :-/

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 16:02 (3450 days ago) @ petetheduck

Both, or one or the other, but that's kind've late for me here on the east coast. :-/

Yeah I know it's late. Might you be on to at least pass it over?

It would be nice....

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 17:01 (3450 days ago) @ Xenos

... If the online Advisor-tracker thing actually reported it that way. There are four sequential blocks that get filled in, but their sequence doesn't correspond to the actual drop-reward; i.e. The second block to get filled in may or may not be the second drop in the raid. Mine shows a blank fourth slot, but I'm missing the third one, not the fourth.

They know which boss-checkpoint dropped loot for you, because if you do it again you get nothing; so why can't they report specifically which drop you've received in the Advisor?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 15:28 (3450 days ago) @ Mid7night

... They are sepera from the chests, yes?

So if I'm missing just one of the four "drops", do I have to replay the exact one I missed, or will any of the boss-drops fill the slot?

In the "Advisors" page, it just shows the first three slots full, but I know I missed one of the first two, not the last one. So what's the best way to get my missing reward?

The four drops from the Oracles, Templar, Gatekeeper, and Atheon are all individually tracked on each of the difficulties. That means if you somehow didn't get one by joining a raid and skipping ahead, you need to play the specific section to get the drop. You can get one drop per difficulty per character per week.

If you run hard mode without running normal mode, the game will roll you two drops from each of these. This is advantageous because you now get two rolls at hard mode loot, instead of only one if you had played once on normal, then hard.

Chests you can get one drop per character per week. If you get a chest on normal, you can't get it again on hard, except for the Exotic Chest in the Gorgon's maze.

For max loot, run the Vault of Glass every week from the start with every character you have on hard. Don't do any normal runs unless you have beaten hard.

Woah

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 16:35 (3450 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If you run hard mode without running normal mode, the game will roll you two drops from each of these. This is advantageous because you now get two rolls at hard mode loot, instead of only one if you had played once on normal, then hard.

Wow, really? I had assumed that it would do one roll from each difficulty loot table, but if what you say is true, that's a major game-changer since I'm chasing the Warlock raid helm (last piece I need to hit 30)…

Conflux Squeak

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 08:57 (3450 days ago) @ Beorn

... and DiscipleN2k just about gave Xenos a heart attack when he was the last Guardian standing…

If only he could cloak. ;D
---------------------------------

Glad to see you all had so much... fun. Last night.

Conflux Squeak

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 10:29 (3450 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

If only he could cloak. ;D

I thought we agreed not to talk about that :p

I will say, this is probably the main reason my hunter has been demoted from main to alt. Hunters are just too darn squishy for my play style.

-Disciple

Bunch of fun

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 09:16 (3450 days ago) @ Beorn

Except when at least two of you got Fatebringer, one got Vex and I got shards and Timebreaker (3rd one)!

I would trade two Gjallarhorns for one FATEBRINGER!!!

Seriously though, thanks for the fun times; let's do it again this week!

Most fun raid I've done

by Master NOODLE, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 09:38 (3450 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Nice Conflux save Beorn

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:12 (3450 days ago) @ Beorn

I didn't see that super you used to save the Conflux while we were playing, nicely done!

Thanks!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 14:44 (3450 days ago) @ Xenos

I didn't see that super you used to save the Conflux while we were playing, nicely done!

Yeah, I figured that I might as well use it 'cause I was gonna die anyway. Just lucky the timing worked out like it did. :)

I found it strange that I didn't generate any orbs (or at least, it didn't say so).

Conflux Squeak

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, November 24, 2014, 07:27 (3449 days ago) @ Beorn

Sorry I missed it, great run it looks like.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread