"Trial Expired" (Xbox One) (Destiny)

by Hyokin, New York, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:56 (3449 days ago)

So, I've got my copy of Destiny for the Xbox 360, but I am thinking of trading it in and getting the Xbox One version. The trial offer just came out, so I figured I would try it on the Xbox One and see if I liked it.

Well, after two days and the 20GB download, it won't let me launch and says "Trial Expired" on the Xbox One store.

Apparently, this is happening to a lot of people and the only solution Bungie has suggested was deleting it and downloading it again... but the people who've done that have not been able to re-download it because it's "expired" and won't let them.

Comforting to know that 343i isn't the only one having major issues on the Xbox One. :\

Just do it

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:06 (3449 days ago) @ Hyokin

So, I've got my copy of Destiny for the Xbox 360, but I am thinking of trading it in and getting the Xbox One version. The trial offer just came out, so I figured I would try it on the Xbox One and see if I liked it.

Not sure about the trial/expiration issues – not surprising given the mess that is the Xbox One interface and Marketplace – but I have to say that Destiny is better in almost every way on next-gen systems and I have a hard time thinking that you'd regret the trade-up. Once you've played on XB1, you won't want to go back to 360. Unless you have friends on 360, of course. But then you'd need two copies anyway.

Hey dummies

by petetheduck, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:16 (3449 days ago) @ Beorn

Not sure about the trial/expiration issues – not surprising given the mess that is the Xbox One interface and Marketplace – but I have to say that Destiny is better in almost every way on next-gen systems and I have a hard time thinking that you'd regret the trade-up. Once you've played on XB1, you won't want to go back to 360. Unless you have friends on 360, of course. But then you'd need two copies anyway.

Don't be dummies.

Digital only, dummy. ;)

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:18 (3449 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Physical copy dummies..

by petetheduck, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:21 (3449 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

..pay once and get one game. I'm a digital dummy so I pay once and got twooooo. Routinely switch between platforms since I put the consoles I separate rooms. I do prefer Xbox One, but I really think for anyone with hesitation, this is the deal for them. Even for people without an Xbox One. Free upgrade later.

Trade in 360 copy for Xbox Gift Card

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:27 (3449 days ago) @ petetheduck

Buy digital copy of 360 game, get it for both consoles! I believe that's what pete was suggesting.

Physical copy dummies..

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:36 (3449 days ago) @ petetheduck

..pay once and get one game. I'm a digital dummy so I pay once and got twooooo. Routinely switch between platforms since I put the consoles I separate rooms. I do prefer Xbox One, but I really think for anyone with hesitation, this is the deal for them. Even for people without an Xbox One. Free upgrade later.

Oh, I agree - it was a great deal at launch. I bought the 360 version digitally just to have the option for community events (I've only played on XB1 so far though).

Might not be as universally good of a deal now though - if Hyokin already has the disc version on 360 he could probably just hold onto that and get the XB1 disc version cheaper than the $60 digital version.

Physical copy dummies..

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:06 (3449 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Oh, I agree - it was a great deal at launch. I bought the 360 version digitally just to have the option for community events (I've only played on XB1 so far though).

Might not be as universally good of a deal now though - if Hyokin already has the disc version on 360 he could probably just hold onto that and get the XB1 disc version cheaper than the $60 digital version.

Buy the digital copy for the 360, have it for the Xbone, sell your 360 physical disc.

Physical copy dummies..

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:11 (3448 days ago) @ Kermit

Whatever you do to obtain the actual game, make sure to buy the expansion pass via the 360, since the XBone freebie applies to the DLC as well.

"Trial Expired" (Xbox One)

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 13:12 (3449 days ago) @ Hyokin

Well, after two days and the 20GB download, it won't let me launch and says "Trial Expired" on the Xbox One store.

Apparently, this is happening to a lot of people and the only solution Bungie has suggested was deleting it and downloading it again... but the people who've done that have not been able to re-download it because it's "expired" and won't let them.

Comforting to know that 343i isn't the only one having major issues on the Xbox One. :\

Just a wild guess here, but have you tried downloading/playing the trial with another gamertag?

Maybe the trial won't work if your XBL gamertag already has a character higher than level 7.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 14:56 (3449 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Maybe the trial won't work if your XBL gamertag already has a character higher than level 7.

I've seen one person in the Tower on 360 that was 22. Dunno what the deal was with him, but he's the only person I've seen over 7.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:05 (3449 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I've seen one person in the Tower on 360 that was 22. Dunno what the deal was with him, but he's the only person I've seen over 7.

I wonder about this. You can't play the demo if you've already played the full game (at least I couldn't), but if you start with the demo, maybe you can go back to it with the profile you started with, after you've leveled up with the full game.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 21:06 (3449 days ago) @ Hyokin

Xbone's seem to have so many issues with the simple things. If you have to pay for another copy, I'd forget the download and just get the disc. Who knows, in 10 years it may still be on your shelf like my original Halo CE disc.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread