MIDA does make you faster (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 08:30 (3445 days ago)

Running with Lightweight and the signature perk, you sprint faster. Tested this last night with Husker. He'd sprint ahead, I'd catch and pass him relatively quickly. You can also feel the speed change when you switch from MIDA to secondary.

Weeeee!

MIDA does make you faster

by Durandal, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:56 (3445 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Yes, it is lots of fun. I can speed run shrines of Oryx so fast now.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 14:08 (3445 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

You ain't seen nothing until you change your character focus to favor speed over all else. As a Titan, use that and shoulder charge all day erry day.

Who needs guns?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 18:35 (3445 days ago) @ Revenant1988

You ain't seen nothing until you change your character focus to favor speed over all else. As a Titan, use that and shoulder charge all day erry day.

Who needs guns?

This I will have to try.

Good to know

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 18:41 (3445 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I've timed a Maxed Agility sprint vs a Minumum Agility sprint across the same distance and they were the same, but I've heard that Agility boosts are much larger once it gets above 10, with 1 to 10 being evenly spaced but 10 to 11 being a big jump.

Good to know

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 20:31 (3445 days ago) @ someotherguy

I've timed a Maxed Agility sprint vs a Minumum Agility sprint across the same distance and they were the same, but I've heard that Agility boosts are much larger once it gets above 10, with 1 to 10 being evenly spaced but 10 to 11 being a big jump.

That's what the Strategy guide says. That stat effects larger than 10 and lower than 0 have 'exaggerated' effects.

I've got my hunter to 11 on a blade dancer build with a primary that has +2 agility. I felt like a fairy.

Most hunters look like fairies

by scarab @, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 03:36 (3444 days ago) @ RC

I thought they were supposed to be Clint Eastwood types but most people's Hunters look like Elves.

Come on Bungie release a poncho with stove-door upgrade.

Or how about a black hat? I want to rock the Lee Van Cleef look. And the hat comes complete with a tache. Will look odd on my female Huntress but hey. Actually, even odder on the outside of my helmet but... :-)

Bungie missed an oportunity...

by scarab @, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 03:38 (3444 days ago) @ scarab

DLC, 99 cents, wear a tache for Movember. Proceeds go to charity.

Most hunters look like fairies

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 07:29 (3444 days ago) @ scarab

I thought they were supposed to be Clint Eastwood types but most people's Hunters look like Elves.

Come on Bungie release a poncho with stove-door upgrade.

Or how about a black hat? I want to rock the Lee Van Cleef look. And the hat comes complete with a tache. Will look odd on my female Huntress but hey. Actually, even odder on the outside of my helmet but... :-)

I specifically go out of my way to not wear a silly Hunter cape (and they are capes, not cloaks). Still wearing my starting class armour, which is basically just a scarf.

Something I've learned in the process - Hunter armour looks dumb from behind. Guess they expected everyone to be fully caped up.

I thought that I was the only one

by scarab @, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 07:38 (3444 days ago) @ someotherguy

turns out I'm unique like a snowflake is unique.

I knew to keep my scarf because I knew that it was the only one that I would get. People who are new to the game don't have that knowledge.

Hey Bungie: have a clothes vendor stock scarves and ponchos. And, as a female hunter, I need trousers that my ass doesn't look big in ;-) But seriously, I liked the non-legendary trousers that looked a bit like chaps, they had leather looking outers with a softer looking inner leg material. Can we have legendary versions?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread