Little parts of me die every time I play Blind Watch (Destiny)

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:05 (3446 days ago)

I feel like every other control match lands on Blind Watch now. The way these new spawns promote camping (and let's not mention everyone got Plan C this weekend, the corner camper's wet dream) and the way clueless teammates will just run repeatedly into door from A and the door in the middle is just painful.

I really, really hope the next patch does something to adjust these spawns again. Twilight Gap could really use some love too.

p.s. does First Light even exist in the map rotation anymore?

p.p.s. who's idea was it to launch the a game in 2014 without a map vote feature and in what possible scenario is that a good idea?

Little parts of me die every time I play Blind Watch

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:10 (3446 days ago) @ HavokBlue

p.s. does First Light even exist in the map rotation anymore?

From October 1.0.2 Patch Notes:

Crucible

Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists

They are very rare now.

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:19 (3446 days ago) @ Xenos

Didn't notice that. Dumb decision. Makes the map pool feel even more limited than it already is.

I wonder if it's an effort to make the lackluster Combined Arms playlist feel less identical to control/clash?...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:28 (3446 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Could be. I did some combined arms yesterday to play on the big maps...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:15 (3446 days ago) @ HavokBlue

No map vote is the best way to do it. I never get mad at idiot players choosing the worst map and game type anymore. Now I just shrug as Destiny's random number generator sometimes randomly picks the same map in a few times in a row. If you disagree, just remember that you were outvoted. Dwell on that! :p

map voting is crap

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:41 (3446 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Or at least would be the moment a team picks Blind Watch every time because they know how to play it in its current form :P

But no seriously map voting is not inherently good. Don't miss it at all.

map voting is crap

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:48 (3446 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Wouldn't that be easily countered by taking the map that was last played on out of the vote for the next game?...

No it's not.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 13:48 (3445 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

It only sucks if you go in by yourself with randoms.

If you go in with a full team, the majority of the time you have majority control over what gets played.

A big reason I think Destiny MP sucks is because you play the same 2 maps with the same 2 modes over and over again.

Variety in Destiny MP is a facade.

No it's not.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 16:59 (3445 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Variety in Destiny MP is a facade.

This is true, and it's the biggest thing that needs fixed in DLC and / or sequels.

More maps. More game modes like CTF, Oddball, KoTH, etc. Destiny 2 should have AT LEAST twice as many maps at launch, and all the gametypes I mentioned.

The fact that there are 2 maps that only show up in skirmish and salvage only compounds this problem.

No it's not.

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 17:01 (3445 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I kind of struggle to grasp the absence of FPS staple gametypes like Capture the Flag or KotH.

No it's not.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 17:03 (3445 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I kind of struggle to grasp the absence of FPS staple gametypes like Capture the Flag or KotH.

I struggle to grasp the lack of quality narrative, and a painful investment system. But then I remember one word: activison.

Hey now...

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 17:06 (3445 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Activision might be an anti-consumer supervillain society helmed by Satan but even their annual CoD rollouts have more story and character development, and less grindy investment systems.

No it's not.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 19:19 (3445 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And then everyone's whimpering and salivating over Iron Banner, and it's just Control.

So, territory based slayer, slayer, slayer, and also slayer.

Yep.

No it's not.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 19:42 (3445 days ago) @ Morpheus

And then everyone's whimpering and salivating over Iron Banner, and it's just Control.

So, territory based slayer, slayer, slayer, and also slayer.

Yep.

Well, Team Slayer has always been my favorite game type. I do wonder if they play tested things like CTF and found they kinda suck when everyone has access to a sniper rifle or shotgun at all times?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 13:16 (3446 days ago) @ HavokBlue

the way clueless teammates will just run repeatedly into door from A and the door in the middle is just painful.

Believe or not, some random and I held that doorway with an alpha spawn, never capped C once, and wrecked shop. We ended winning by like 3k and both had a +3 k/d. It can be done!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 13:26 (3446 days ago) @ iconicbanana

the way clueless teammates will just run repeatedly into door from A and the door in the middle is just painful.

Believe or not, some random and I held that doorway with an alpha spawn, never capped C once, and wrecked shop. We ended winning by like 3k and both had a +3 k/d. It can be done!

Oh it definitely can be done, but it's MUCH harder from A than from C.

Holding a doorway shouldn't decide the match

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 13:53 (3445 days ago) @ iconicbanana

And it feels like holding a doorway DOES decide the match if the team that's not holding it features clueless players who run into said door repeatedly feeding points to the other team

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread