Vault of Glass help (Destiny)

by Oholiab @, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 18:49 (3444 days ago)

My oldest son (not this one) really wants to play Vault of Glass, and frankly, so do I. At this point, we are probably the only people to frequent this site who have not played. Life is busy.

So... I have some questions:

1. Are we ready? I'm a level 27 hunter with legendary/exotic armor and rare weapons. I'm all about the gunslinger, hand cannon, sniper rifle, and machine guns in a pinch. My son is a level 25 titan with almost all legendary armor and rare weapons.

2. How much time should we allow In our schedule to complete it? I'm sure the answer to this question will depend on the answer to the next one...

3. Are there four DBO guardians who would be willing to guide and assist us? I'd rather not play with randoms, and I want to make sure we actually finish in a relatively known quantity of time. We play on 360. Gamertags: Oholiab and OholiabII.

I would much prefer to play with cool people like yourselves who are willing to "keep it clean" and help a couple n00bs. If you are game, I'm shooting for the afternoon/evening of Friday, December 5. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Vault of Glass help

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 19:16 (3444 days ago) @ Oholiab

My oldest son (not this one) really wants to play Vault of Glass, and frankly, so do I. At this point, we are probably the only people to frequent this site who have not played. Life is busy.

1. Are we ready? I'm a level 27 hunter with legendary/exotic armor and rare weapons. I'm all about the gunslinger, hand cannon, sniper rifle, and machine guns in a pinch. My son is a level 25 titan with almost all legendary armor and rare weapons.

2. How much time should we allow In our schedule to complete it? I'm sure the answer to this question will depend on the answer to the next one...

3. Are there four DBO guardians who would be willing to guide and assist us? I'd rather not play with randoms, and I want to make sure we actually finish in a relatively known quantity of time. We play on 360. Gamertags: Oholiab and OholiabII.

I would much prefer to play with cool people like yourselves who are willing to "keep it clean" and help a couple n00bs. If you are game, I'm shooting for the afternoon/evening of Friday, December 5. Please let me know.

Gear-wise you two should be okay. Time--at least 2 hours--in your case, since you're new, maybe 3-4.

I'd help but I'd probably end up accidentally slipping a few swears in the heat of the Gatekeeper/Atheon's wrath. Plus I'm working that day.

But others would definitely be willing to help!

Vault of Glass help

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 19:43 (3444 days ago) @ Oholiab

I'm on XBone, so I can't help, but I will offer some advice: your son might want to try and get to 26 or 27, if possible before. Don't know if his Legendary gear is maxed already but that should get him there. Being under-leveled (even by 1) can make it really frustrating at times. It's probably possible at 25, he'll just need to make sure he makes judicious use of cover and doesn't try to Rambo too much. ;)

Awesome that you get to play with your son, BTW! I can't wait til mine is of gaming age (he's 1.5 now; we've got a ways to go). :D

Vault of Glass help

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 20:42 (3444 days ago) @ Oholiab

You can do it at 25.

You'll want legendary weapons, not rare. Also Void damage.

I don't think you'll have any shortage of people to help.

Woo! Let's do it!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 21:31 (3444 days ago) @ Oholiab

You guys free tomorrow (Sunday) some time? Chaos and Lawnmower are probably up for it and I just like shooting stuff!

Woo! Let's do it!

by Oholiab @, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 22:01 (3444 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Unfortunately, no can do tomorrow. We will be on the road all day.

Woo! Let's do it!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 23:13 (3444 days ago) @ Oholiab

No big! Let me know what days work, after 9pm EST is kind of a must on weekdays but the weekends more of a free for all.

Woo! Let's do it!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 07:52 (3444 days ago) @ iconicbanana

No big! Let me know what days work, after 9pm EST is kind of a must on weekdays but the weekends more of a free for all.

I'd be happy to help as well. Maybe post a thread here when the time is right?

Glad to help

by Lawnmower172, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 02:38 (3444 days ago) @ Oholiab

If you need another

Vault of Glass help

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, November 30, 2014, 05:18 (3444 days ago) @ Oholiab

I'm also Raidless as of now and am planning to run it next Friday or after with whoever shows up on my recruitment threads. :p

My timezone is a bit off, though (UTC -2).

Wait A Minute!!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 17:37 (3443 days ago) @ Oholiab

How many kids do you have?!?

WHAT ELSE HAVE YOU BEEN KEEPING FROM MEEE!?!??!

Wait A Minute!!

by Oholiab @, Monday, December 01, 2014, 07:08 (3443 days ago) @ Morpheus

Three.

Son: Titan (OholiabII). Solid player but prone to charging in to the fray just a bit too early. Must learn patience.

Daughter: Hunter (OholiabII). You'll find her dancing on the roof of the postmaster building. She's the reason I'm collecting shotguns.

Son: Warlock (Oholiab). My alter ego. Has issues with the Cryptarch.

"You'll find I'm full of surprises."

Vault of Glass help

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 01, 2014, 07:53 (3443 days ago) @ Oholiab

I don't know your time zone, but I'm willing to help. If I'm not on, send me an Xbox message regardless.

Vault of Glass help

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, December 01, 2014, 07:59 (3443 days ago) @ Oholiab

You probably have plenty, but I'll be happy to help if needed.

I could bring Lil' Blue sometime too for a father/son raid. We'd need one more pair.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread