Crota's End Starts at 30 (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 12:22 (3442 days ago)

According to Luke Smith on Twitter:

@LukeWasRight: Crota's End, the next Destiny Raid will begin at Level 30 (Normal) when it goes live on 12/9.

Interesting that there will only be 2 levels of difference between Normal and Hard modes. Also, I thought the raid wasn't going live right on the 9th. Did this change?

Crota's End Starts at 30

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 12:30 (3442 days ago) @ Beorn

Interesting that there will only be 2 levels of difference between Normal and Hard modes. Also, I thought the raid wasn't going live right on the 9th. Did this change?

Urk says yes:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140135500&amp;postcount=17261

I was hoping for breather room so I could finish the story content without feeling rushed, but I guess that's no longer the case :(

Crota's End Starts at 30

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 12:53 (3442 days ago) @ Beorn

Good thing we have level 30 characters! :)

I know, right?!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 13:09 (3442 days ago) @ Ragashingo

:-P

For the DBO Raid crew

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 13:29 (3442 days ago) @ Beorn

I would like to do this completely blind, knowing nothing about the raid. Is anybody else in for doing this? I would love to have an experience like I did with the Vault of Glass, starting at 2am and playing till 8am being blown away, but that may be unrealistic for everybody here.

I feel like if we are figuring stuff out, longer chunks of time would be more helpful.

Yup

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:08 (3442 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I would like to do this completely blind, knowing nothing about the raid. Is anybody else in for doing this? I would love to have an experience like I did with the Vault of Glass, starting at 2am and playing till 8am being blown away, but that may be unrealistic for everybody here.

I feel like if we are figuring stuff out, longer chunks of time would be more helpful.

I don't know about starting at 2am, but this is absolutely how I plan to approach Crota's End.

For the DBO Raid crew

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:34 (3442 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Aren't the story missions and strike supposed to set up the premise for the raid? Or is it a separate thread?

For the DBO Raid crew

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:38 (3442 days ago) @ CyberKN

Aren't the story missions and strike supposed to set up the premise for the raid? Or is it a separate thread?

Dunno. I figure I can do those during the day, then raid all night.

For the DBO Raid crew

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 15:27 (3442 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That would be 5am to "I'm already at work" o'clock for me, so as much as I'd love to join in I'm afraid I can't. Later in the week though, count me in for sure :)

For the DBO Raid crew

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 17:17 (3442 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm down, but will need notice.

Weekend would be optimal, friday night for example.

For the DBO Raid crew

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 17:37 (3442 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know Im not one of the usual DBO crew (have really only raided with Numinar, and played a bit with Dan de Board), but I would love to do this as well if possible. My static group will never go for it, sadly.

PS4: Lichtonatus

So they're invalidating the grind? :D

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:40 (3442 days ago) @ Beorn

If I had known this months ago, my opinion of this game would probably be different. Though it kind of sucks that the solution to my frustration is hidden behind DLC.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:43 (3442 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

If I had known this months ago, my opinion of this game would probably be different. Though it kind of sucks that the solution to my frustration is hidden behind DLC.

One can only hope that the path to 32 is equally less grindy.

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:46 (3442 days ago) @ Cody Miller

One can only hope that the path to 32 is equally less grindy.

It might not be, but at least then I wouldn't be so worried if I could assume the following expansion would offer the same solution. Then there would only be one grind, whichever is introduced at the very end of everything this game will have.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 16:02 (3442 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Oh, it probably will be... once the next expansion comes out.

Wait I'm lost

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 17:43 (3442 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Invalidating the grind? I don't understand what's happening here. Any illumination?

Wait I'm lost

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 18:10 (3442 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Giving us a way to hit 30 without having to repeatedly play the VoG and hope for a random drop. They realized that if normal difficulty for Crota's End is 30, and the only way to get 30 at any given time is to grind VoG, then it isn't really fair to ask everyone who plays it to be 30. There has to be a more straightforward way to get to that level, and that's what those tweets implied. My biggest issue with the game was the progression wall, and it seems like they realized that too.

Wait I'm lost

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:21 (3441 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

It sounds like there will be a way to directly upgrade our existing armor... some of the new items that are being added look like they can be used to upgrade armor and weapons. Maybe they will be something that we can combine with our existing maxed-out gear to bump them up just enough to get to 30 and 320 or whatever the new max damage will be...

so maybe there will still be a little bit of grinding, but just enough to get the new upgrade materials (perhaps through Dark Below story missions or some such jazz)

Wait I'm lost

by Jironimo ⌂, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:31 (3441 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

You'll be able to buy new armor from the vendors to get you to 30 or more just like the new 300+ weapons which will be sold by the Vanguard. Only way to get to 32 will be via raid armor though.

by Jironimo ⌂, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:33 (3441 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Since the new higher level armor/weapons will be sold by the Vanguard, I'm assuming you won't need the DLC to get to 30/31. You would need it to get to 32 though because the raid is DLC.

Make it rain?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:54 (3441 days ago) @ Jironimo

Since the new higher level armor/weapons will be sold by the Vanguard, I'm assuming you won't need the DLC to get to 30/31. You would need it to get to 32 though because the raid is DLC.

so what you are saying is all of my current vanguard weapons/armor are going to be crap compared to the new stuff? Am I going to have to shard all weapons/armor now? for example, I have a 300 Shadow Price that I used for Iron Banner some, it's nothing special... just the standard vanguard release. Will it now be useless come next Iron Banner since the damage cap will be higher on new stuff?

Make it rain?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:59 (3441 days ago) @ unoudid

so what you are saying is all of my current vanguard weapons/armor are going to be crap compared to the new stuff? Am I going to have to shard all weapons/armor now? for example, I have a 300 Shadow Price that I used for Iron Banner some, it's nothing special... just the standard vanguard release. Will it now be useless come next Iron Banner since the damage cap will be higher on new stuff?

I would imagine this is par for the course in MMOs.

You get the stuff you like, you level it up and then you're king of the mountain for a bit.

Then the cap is raised, and what was once the best no longer is, and they cycle repeats.

Unless, Bungie implements some "vendor" you can go to take your favorite 300 type weapon and get some traveler magic applied to it so you can level it up....again.

I'm more interested in the exotics and what how they plan to handle those long term.

Destiny does not encourage you to hold onto gear and weapons you like; eventually, something better will come along. It has to. The game economy depends on it.

Make it rain?

by Durandal, Monday, December 01, 2014, 09:22 (3441 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I disagree. Destiny allows you to keep weapons for far larger spreads then other games. Most MMOs force you to drop new gear after 2-3 levels difference. In Destiny you can get blues that last from level 10 to 20, and purples go from 20-30 no problem. The new weapons have only 20 attack power more then current, so it is like you didn't upgrade one bubble on your legendary. It really won't matter much outside the raid.

Make it rain?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:03 (3441 days ago) @ Durandal

I disagree. Destiny allows you to keep weapons for far larger spreads then other games. Most MMOs force you to drop new gear after 2-3 levels difference. In Destiny you can get blues that last from level 10 to 20, and purples go from 20-30 no problem. The new weapons have only 20 attack power more then current, so it is like you didn't upgrade one bubble on your legendary. It really won't matter much outside the raid.

It doesn't matter if the difference between Destiny and other MMOs is 1-10 levels or 1-2, the point of it is that it is still the same: Eventually, you will be at a situation where you can't use your favorite "X" tier weapon or armor (maybe you like certain perks it has, or maybe you just love it for it's aesthetics) because you can't level it anymore and you need to keep leveling to progress in the game.

It's just inherent to the design of an MMO- you aren't supposed to get attached to items and the way you look, because it's always changing.

And it does matter, considerably, in other areas. I really like the the first rifle you get in Destiny, the one you find when you are first revived by your ghost.

I can't use it in PVE.

It's a lvl 1 gun. I can't go into any of the strike playlists with it, or any missions. I mean, I COULD, but it won't do squat against enemies.

I'm not exaggerating either, I genuinely like that gun, but I can't use it. It's obsolete. Eventually, your (current) favorite Legendary weapon will be too!

Make it rain?

by Jironimo ⌂, Monday, December 01, 2014, 09:23 (3441 days ago) @ Revenant1988

This is correct, your existing Shadow Price won't be garbage, it's still a 300 level weapon but it won't be at the top anymore with whatever the new level cap is for weapons. There'll be some new Vanguard Auto-Rifle to take it's place, maybe even the same one with just a higher damage level. Ditto for the armor, the new armor will have higher light levels than the current armor. So for all intents and purposes you'll probably end up dismantling all your purple armor and purple weapons as you replace each piece.

The only exception is exotics which will have an upgrade method involving some sort of exoctic upgrade shard/energy you can use. I'm hoping it's not that hard to get.

My personal priority is to upgrade these exotic items in order: Knucklehead radar, Ice Breaker, Suros Regime, Plan C, and then Truth. All my other exotics will be on the back-burner for a bit. I've totally stopped using any materials on current purple weapons since I'll soon want to replace them anyway.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread