Wanna Help Charge My Infinity? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 13:43 (3442 days ago)

I figured this would be the best strike to do it on, since I have a Solar Light/Beware. Anyone up for this on the 360, say 8 PM Central? We'll probably be going to orbit a lot.

I'm PS4 but let me know how this worked for you

by scarab @, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:17 (3442 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by scarab, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:21

I've always soloed this and just died repeatedly and went straight back in. Did it this week and got 20+ kills before dying (on a good run). Probably took 12-15 runs to finish.

There are level 28s before the darkness zone so you can afford deaths there. The low levels are easy(ish) in the locked room. Getting past the knights is difficult and maybe not worth the effort.

Just kill, die, repeat. (sounds like a film...)

Maybe just ask people to join you and start soloing. If you finish before they arrive then OK. If not then start doing the nightfall to completion.

Wanna Help Charge My Infinity?

by Lawnmower172, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:26 (3442 days ago) @ Morpheus

I should be on.

With the tweak to nightfall, I think two player is the easiest mode.

GT: Lawnmower172

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 01, 2014, 17:51 (3441 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

Holy shit--Lawnmower DESTROYED this--it took us less than a half hour. We did it fast enough to fill up two bounties! Man, it was incredible the way we worked together. And just as good--no more than 5 minutes after he left, in a patrol on the Moon, I got a Legendary Engram! I took it to the Tower thinking it was just another two-blue, but I got The Aries Nemesis X4!!

Awesome. Totally awesome. A Legendary AND Exotic weapon in one go.

here to help ;)

by Lawnmower172, Monday, December 01, 2014, 18:10 (3441 days ago) @ Morpheus

Had fun, lots o killing.

And everyone looks better with burn blue, burn bright :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 14:37 (3442 days ago) @ Morpheus

I figured this would be the best strike to do it on, since I have a Solar Light/Beware. Anyone up for this on the 360, say 8 PM Central? We'll probably be going to orbit a lot.

I just did this.

But why would you not use a void fusion rifle? There is void burn on the strike. I did it in about 45 minutes.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 18:08 (3442 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I just did this.

But why would you not use a void fusion rifle? There is void burn on the strike. I did it in about 45 minutes.

Hive enemies--since this week is The Summoning Pits--are really weak against Solar damage. Non-shielded enemies, especially Thrall, get taken out in one shot.

I don't think elemental weaknesses are a thing

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 18:55 (3442 days ago) @ Morpheus

At least, not that I've noticed.

Also, The burn modifier means that weapons of that type do 3x normal damage.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 21:32 (3442 days ago) @ Morpheus

I just did this.

Hive enemies--since this week is The Summoning Pits--are really weak against Solar damage. Non-shielded enemies, especially Thrall, get taken out in one shot.

Elemental damage only matters on shields. Thrall die in one shot to any fusion rifle, no matter the element.

Easy way if you're willing to wait til Tuesday

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 17:48 (3442 days ago) @ Morpheus

Next week's Nightfall should be (assuming the pattern holds) The Nexus. If it is, turn around when you spawn and head into the Library. The level 28s in there count towards the bounty, but if you die in there it doesnt send you to orbit.

There's more in the section leading up to The Archive too, once you've cleared the library.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread