What do yinz/ya'll think they're patching today? (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:24 (3441 days ago)

Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be returned to the title screen from their activities and then be required to log in to Destiny again after installing the patch.
3h 2m ago

http://www.bungie.net/en/help

What do yinz/ya'll think they're patching today?

by petetheduck, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:30 (3441 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be returned to the title screen from their activities and then be required to log in to Destiny again after installing the patch.
3h 2m ago

http://www.bungie.net/en/help

I don't know but the suspense is killing me. I'm at work for another, oh, 6 hours. I need patch notes to read.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:39 (3441 days ago) @ JDQuackers

something something not working as intended

something something butt hurt

something something dark side

do any of you get random "updates?"

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, December 01, 2014, 10:03 (3441 days ago) @ Revenant1988

about twice a week, destiny will update, and it is always around 1-2 MB. Was speaking with some folks last night, and they get them more often. One person had gotten the update yesterday, but i had not.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

I'm on XBone btw.

do any of you get random "updates?"

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:20 (3441 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I do occasionally get small update downloads via the in-game update downloader that don't seem to be related to any major announced patch. It's not multiple times a week for me, though.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, December 01, 2014, 09:00 (3441 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I hope they're fixing the raid glitches (no teleports, partial teleports, etc.)

They're probably also "fixing" the Templar push and the Atheon push (off the front) in the VoG

They're probably buffing some/all exotics to be more powerful

I expect them to continue closing off "cheese" locations in the strikes

Changes related to materials might be included, but it's anyone's guess what Bungie has in mind. I'm surprised they haven't included micro-transactions to purchase 200 materials for $2.

It's a safe bet there's a bunch of under-the-hood stuff required to prepare for the final version of the first expansion.

by Durandal, Monday, December 01, 2014, 09:06 (3441 days ago) @ Chappy

Changes related to materials might be included, but it's anyone's guess what Bungie has in mind. I'm surprised they haven't included micro-transactions to purchase 200 materials for $2.

Don't give them any more bad ideas. Instead they should allow purchase of ascendant materials for 200 wire/essence/whatever

Sounds like exotics…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, December 01, 2014, 09:51 (3441 days ago) @ JDQuackers

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/539473839785119745

Destiny Update inbound. Exotics are coming off the workbench. Estimated time of arrival is before 11AM Pacific.

Patch notes

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, December 01, 2014, 10:07 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

We can buy materials now! WOOOOO!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, December 01, 2014, 10:18 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

SCREW YOU HELIUM. SCREW YOU.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:00 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

unless I need you for a zeppelin in which case we cool right

It's the spinmetal I hate.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:02 (3441 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

There is nothing metal about spinmetal.
[image]

It's the spinmetal I hate.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:04 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

There is nothing metal about spinmetal.
[image]

Haha my IB AR arms need three more upgrades, my IB SR arms I haven't touched, plus 4 more upgrades for my new Shadow Price. All take helium! This comes at a great time.

It's like trading in games at Gamestop

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:40 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Gamestop: Sure, we will take 50 materials in return for 5 Marks.

Sucker: Sweet, I can't wait to go play with my 5 Marks.

...next day....

Sucker: Man, I really needed those materials for my sweet new weapon.

...heads back to Gamestop....

Sucker: I'd like to trade these Marks in for some materials.

Gamestop: No Problem, Sucker! We'll give you 20 Materials for 10 Marks.

Sucker: FML

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:33 (3441 days ago) @ unoudid

Gamestop: Sure, we will take 50 materials in return for 5 Marks.

Sucker: Sweet, I can't wait to go play with my 5 Marks.

...next day....

Sucker: Man, I really needed those materials for my sweet new weapon.

...heads back to Gamestop....

Sucker: I'd like to trade these Marks in for some materials.

Gamestop: No Problem, Sucker! We'll give you 20 Materials for 10 Marks.

Sucker: FML

People who traded Materials for rep really were suckers... You could hop into the Crucible and make more rep in 10 minutes than an hour's worth of grinding for materials... Heck, you didn't even have to win...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:50 (3441 days ago) @ Korny

People who traded Materials for rep really were suckers... You could hop into the Crucible and make more rep in 10 minutes than an hour's worth of grinding for materials... Heck, you didn't even have to win...

One of my regular fireteam members is at Rank 3 Crucible Vanguard with only playing a handful of Iron Banner matches thanks to the rep gains from farming. He just hates Crucible that much lol.

with that said, he's the fastest farmer I've seen so far.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:57 (3441 days ago) @ Korny

Lol. Narcogen traded in 150 spirit bloom :-p

To quote GV: "Uuuuuugh"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, December 01, 2014, 14:46 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I flinched when I read that. While Spirit Bloom is by far the one that feels less grindy for me, 150 is just too much.

wow! big update!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, December 01, 2014, 10:21 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Patch notes

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, December 01, 2014, 10:22 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

A ton of good upgrades. Bad Juju is going to be amazing. Invective won't require you to respawn to reload before the match ends. Patience and Time is getting an option to reduce its zoom which was often outrageously powerful. Oh, and lots of interesting material changes!

I'm happy.

Patch notes

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 01, 2014, 10:25 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

This is huge. I think these are some of the changes that many of us have been waiting for. The ability to buy materials, streamlining the way we upgrade exotics, buffs to exotic weapons are all excellent news. Can't wait to get home and play tonight :)

I'm so pumped for this update!

by R41, Monday, December 01, 2014, 15:54 (3441 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Exotic shards. Nice.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, December 01, 2014, 10:27 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

3 I like...

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, December 01, 2014, 10:27 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

• Daily Heroic Story -Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic
  • Bounties - Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty
  • Vendors - Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower

Awww, yeah!

And the exchange rates are insanely good

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:18 (3441 days ago) @ RC

10 marks for 20 Materials? Yes, please!

And the exchange rates are insanely good

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:48 (3441 days ago) @ CyberKN

10 marks for 20 Materials? Yes, please!

Wow. This makes having 3 characters a huge plus. By the time you finish both the weekly and nightfall strikes, you have more than 100 vanguard marks. This means you can potentially get 600 materials per week just by doing strikes. If it takes an hour to do both nightfall and heroic, that's 200 materials per hour. Not only is that double what you can get farming, but it would be significantly more fun.

100 marks from the weekly and nightfall??

by nash, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:17 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Must be a playstation exclusive. =)

I only get about 25 after doing both at full difficulty.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:19 (3441 days ago) @ nash

I think he meant running both on all three characters. 100 total for the lot.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:21 (3441 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I think he meant running both on all three characters. 100 total for the lot.

No? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have swore that after both my marks were a little more than half full. Maybe I'm confusing it with rep.

If I am, then I guess this is much less efficient than farming, but actually fun.

You can no longer turn in mats for rep

by rhubarb, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:08 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by rhubarb, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:13

The marks for materials replaces materials for reputation and marks. I was using spinmetal to raise crucible (and occasionally VG) rep/marks.

Turn in 10 marks for 20 materials
Gain 10 materials for daily story mission

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:13 (3441 days ago) @ rhubarb

The marks for materials replaces materials for reputation and marks. I was using spinmetal to raise crucible (and occasionally VG) rep/marks.

That was a terrible exchange rate though. Two crucible matches will give you as much rep/marks as 50 spinmetal. I don't know how efficiently you're farming, but it's gotta take at least a half hour to hour of running around in circles to get that much spinmetal, right?

by rhubarb, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:24 (3441 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I collect spinmetal while doing bounties and waiting for public events. The rate for marks was good but the reputation doesn't go up very fast.

They fixed the teleporting glitches the patch caused!

by Monochron, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:14 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

. . . But they haven't addressed the myriad of other glitches seen. Oh well, the rest is good news!

Though I'm sad that the only two exotics I regularly use that are getting changed (Suros and Plan C) are getting nerfed or harder to use, respectively. Damn, I thought the theme of this was making Exotics more exotic and awesome?

Wasn't this a Plan C buff?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:16 (3441 days ago) @ Monochron

. . . But they haven't addressed the myriad of other glitches seen. Oh well, the rest is good news!

Though I'm sad that the only two exotics I regularly use that are getting changed (Suros and Plan C) are getting nerfed or harder to use, respectively. Damn, I thought the theme of this was making Exotics more exotic and awesome?

Plan C looked like more of a buff. None of its key abilities were nerfed, you can just aim and move faster, right?

Wasn't this a Plan C buff?

by Monochron, Monday, December 01, 2014, 18:30 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It already takes a measured hand to lock on to targets and make all of your shots land. Maybe to someone who plays on 10 sensitivity this would be great, but to us medium range guys is is going to be a little tougher.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:32 (3441 days ago) @ Monochron

How much more awesome did you need than an auto rifle that melts everything at every range... and then heals you?! :p

Oh god Suros sounds better

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, December 01, 2014, 16:34 (3441 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Take any nerf you have to, it sounds badass now.

Oh god Suros sounds better

by Monochron, Monday, December 01, 2014, 18:34 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Take any nerf you have to, it sounds badass now.

Huh? The only change it received was the nerfitude.

No, it *sounds* better

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, December 01, 2014, 18:43 (3441 days ago) @ Monochron

As in, it makes a different sound. Lower and less like a paintball gun.

by Monochron, Monday, December 01, 2014, 18:31 (3441 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Fair enough :D
I'm just cranky because I took forever to unlock the extra damage perk so I didn't get to use it much. Whaaambulance time.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:27 (3441 days ago) @ Monochron

Damn, I thought the theme of this was making Exotics more exotic and awesome?

Well, yes, but just the ones that needed it. I don't think anyone found Suros Regime or Plan C underpowered.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:23 (3441 days ago) @ Monochron

Honest question:

How often did you ever empty your Surros? 95% of the time, I'm killing a few things, then reloading during the lull. I hardly ever saw the damage perk except for when using it to stunlock the Archon Priest.

by Monochron, Monday, December 01, 2014, 18:36 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I started making a concerted effort to not reload, which was a really tricky thing to execute properly. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great upgrade, it just caused me to get way worse after I started using it, and I haven't really gotten the hang of it yet.

Some oddities…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:23 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

Post-patch, I'm still seeing version 1.0.3 on my character select screen. Also, Truth's mag is still at 2.

Seeing other changes, though. Weird.

Patch notes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:36 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

Super happy about this update! Makes me wonder though since exotic materials aren't as big of a deal any more are they going to drop less frequently in the Raid? If so that should also make people happy! Guess we'll have to wait to find out tomorrow!

Oh also, I told everyone they were going to fix Templar! Didn't expect it to be this soon, but I'm actually pretty happy about it.

Exotic Shard [Img]

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 01, 2014, 11:46 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

You only get one from sharding an exotic, it seems...

Also, that exchange rate for material is awesomely reasonable. Went ahead and used those Crucible Marks that get no other use to stock up...

And Mythoclast is so much more gooder now, it might be invaluable on the Crota Raid.

Also, noticed that they removed any Queen's Kill Orders and Iron Banner medallions that you were carrying...

Exotic Shard [Img]

by petetheduck, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:00 (3441 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Also, that exchange rate for material is awesomely reasonable. Went ahead and used those Crucible Marks that get no other use to stock up...

And Mythoclast is so much more gooder now, it might be invaluable on the Crota Raid.

Also, noticed that they removed any Queen's Kill Orders and Iron Banner medallions that you were carrying...

Now people will have something valid to buy when they're at max marks for the week instead of just grabbing a random armor piece to dismantle! This is sweet.

Exotic Shard [Img]

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:42 (3441 days ago) @ petetheduck

Now people will have something valid to buy when they're at max marks for the week instead of just grabbing a random armor piece to dismantle! This is sweet.

That's what I would do once I hit 200, but it was a tad frustrating that the exchange rate was horrible... Better than nothing, though.

Also, I just noticed that the Mythoclast now holds 35 rounds instead of 55. I'm perfectly okay with that, given the damage buff...

Exotic Shard [Img]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:56 (3441 days ago) @ Korny

That's what I would do once I hit 200, but it was a tad frustrating that the exchange rate was horrible... Better than nothing, though.

Also, I just noticed that the Mythoclast now holds 35 rounds instead of 55. I'm perfectly okay with that, given the damage buff...

Yeah man. With the damage upgrade, the battery upgrade might not be needed. Maybe go with the range upgrade instead? I'm super excited for tomorrow's solar burn strike on the nexus :-p

Post-patch Mythoclast...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 01, 2014, 15:10 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Keep in mind that in non-Public areas, it does triple the damage... I'll get a clip of that soon.

I still have my medallions

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, December 01, 2014, 19:00 (3441 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Exotic Shard [Img]

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Monday, December 01, 2014, 21:03 (3441 days ago) @ Korny

Did you have experience in that exotic that you sharded? Or was it still new, with no green circles?

I've got a second exotic helmet that I plan on sharding, and I'm curious if I should invest experience in it.

Exotic Shard [Img]

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Monday, December 01, 2014, 22:58 (3441 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

Did you have experience in that exotic that you sharded? Or was it still new, with no green circles?

I've got a second exotic helmet that I plan on sharding, and I'm curious if I should invest experience in it.

You get one Exotic Shard, regardless of experience. I finished earning experience with my duplicate exotic helmet (all the upgrade spots for Knucklhead Radar were empty green circles), and got one Exotic Shard when I dismantled it.

Patch notes

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:40 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

I really like the changes to most of the exotics. Bad Juju sounds like it's getting exactly what it needed, and the buff to super cooldown makes it that much cooler.

Materials changes are very welcome, and I think it makes sense to use marks as the currency there. At some point I ran out of things I really wanted to buy from the Vanguard.

Hidden Patch notes

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 19:13 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

- Hosed Pocket Infinity.
- Heavy Machine Guns mistakenly penetrate Hive Knight Shields.
- You no longer get packages for your first Public Event of the day.

Hidden Patch notes

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, December 01, 2014, 19:17 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What's wrong with PI? Or is that hosed as in Bullet Hose?

Hidden Patch notes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, December 01, 2014, 21:50 (3441 days ago) @ someotherguy

What's wrong with PI? Or is that hosed as in Bullet Hose?

There is a glitch in it now that will make every shot after the first less powerful, which is how it was previously only if you fired it in full auto, but now it applies to every shot after the first one regardless.

Also, The Last Word now shows up on your hip, as it should!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, December 01, 2014, 21:51 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Nice.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, December 01, 2014, 21:56 (3441 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Thoughts so far

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, December 01, 2014, 22:28 (3441 days ago) @ Beorn

These are just the ones I've tried out. I don't have all the exotics, and I didn't bother with Pocket Infinity due to the accidental nerf that's apparently happened.

Bad Juju: It doesn't suck now! I used it for the daily (at 28) and never felt like it wasn't working well. Previously, I was running the clip down before getting kills WAY too often, and spent all my time reloading. Those extra few shots really make the difference. I made it through most of the encounters without a reload. The super buff makes it feel a little more special, like there's some black magic going on. Also, I can actually see where I'm aiming, which is nice. I don't know how it stacks up on kill time, etc., but it's FUN now, and you actually feel like the unique perk is doing something.

Side note: When I tested it out, I didn't yet know that the exotic upgrades had gotten more attainable (prior to the last tier, that is), so I still had 3 upgrades not done. I've since upgraded it to 291 (all but the last tier), but haven't re-tested. The point is, it wasn't fully leveled and still felt solid.

Mida: I was already kind of in love with this gun on my new hunter, and it's only gotten better now. The knockback tweak is very noticeable - my new technique for knights is to just aim at their head and keep firing. They almost never have time to put their shield up; they're too busy staggering backward. As it happens, in addition to this being exotic tweak day, it was also the day I unlocked Mida's unique perk, so this gun suddenly got a lot better in a short amount of time.

Super Good Advice: I didn't actually use it in combat, but I test-fired it a bit and the reduced recoil is very noticeable. I probably need to play around with the different ballistics types now and see if I can get away with using something stronger. The recoil on this thing never bothered me much before since the majority of the missed shots don't use ammo, but I won't argue with slightly faster kill times (due to less time spent missing).

Truth: Pretty much the same, with a bigger mag. Even though the patch notes say it's 3, mine is 2. I think someone else on here noticed the same thing. Regardless, it's the same launcher you loved before, with less reloading. Also, my total ammo for it is higher now - previously I could only hold 5 total shots, now it's 6. I haven't equipped anything that should be increasing my heavy ammo and/or rocket ammo.

Thoughts so far

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 00:01 (3440 days ago) @ stabbim

These are just the ones I've tried out. I don't have all the exotics, and I didn't bother with Pocket Infinity due to the accidental nerf that's apparently happened.

Bad Juju: It doesn't suck now! I used it for the daily (at 28) and never felt like it wasn't working well. Previously, I was running the clip down before getting kills WAY too often, and spent all my time reloading. Those extra few shots really make the difference. I made it through most of the encounters without a reload. The super buff makes it feel a little more special, like there's some black magic going on. Also, I can actually see where I'm aiming, which is nice. I don't know how it stacks up on kill time, etc., but it's FUN now, and you actually feel like the unique perk is doing something.

Side note: When I tested it out, I didn't yet know that the exotic upgrades had gotten more attainable (prior to the last tier, that is), so I still had 3 upgrades not done. I've since upgraded it to 291 (all but the last tier), but haven't re-tested. The point is, it wasn't fully leveled and still felt solid.

Mida: I was already kind of in love with this gun on my new hunter, and it's only gotten better now. The knockback tweak is very noticeable - my new technique for knights is to just aim at their head and keep firing. They almost never have time to put their shield up; they're too busy staggering backward. As it happens, in addition to this being exotic tweak day, it was also the day I unlocked Mida's unique perk, so this gun suddenly got a lot better in a short amount of time.

Super Good Advice: I didn't actually use it in combat, but I test-fired it a bit and the reduced recoil is very noticeable. I probably need to play around with the different ballistics types now and see if I can get away with using something stronger. The recoil on this thing never bothered me much before since the majority of the missed shots don't use ammo, but I won't argue with slightly faster kill times (due to less time spent missing).

Truth: Pretty much the same, with a bigger mag. Even though the patch notes say it's 3, mine is 2. I think someone else on here noticed the same thing. Regardless, it's the same launcher you loved before, with less reloading. Also, my total ammo for it is higher now - previously I could only hold 5 total shots, now it's 6. I haven't equipped anything that should be increasing my heavy ammo and/or rocket ammo.

Vex Mythoclast Quite simply even more of a beast. It love shooting strike bosses with it and seeing their health bars visibly move down :-)

Hard Light More stability is better. It's just better.

Monte Carlo Still useless in PvE because special Melees are bad except maybe for a warlock. In PvP this gun could be very interesting now.

Red Death I personally preferred the old one. Kill times feel longer.

Pocket Infinity Patch broke it. Unsuitable as an exotic until it's fixed.

Icebreaker Same as always really. I selected the fast aim perk now that range has been removed.

Patience and Time Essentially the same as always.

You covered Mida and Bad Juju, and I agree totally. I may try bad Juju for the Vex mobs in tomorrow's hard mode raid.

Thoughts so far

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 00:19 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You're forgetting Thorn. It's now 9 shots with an increased firing rate, reloads faster than The Devil You Know, and the poison is pretty powerful in PvE allowing me to take down units like Legionnaires in one body shot. They fixed the poison damage in the Crucible too so it again does 7 damage periodically for a few seconds instead of 3 meaning it can do a two shot kill if you manage to land two quick headshots.

Thoughts so far

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 00:34 (3440 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You're forgetting Thorn.

I haven't used it post patch. How can I comment on it? :-)

Thoughts so far

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 08:35 (3440 days ago) @ stabbim

I played a little with Truth last night & I did indeed have 3 shots before reload. Very nice.

Thoughts so far

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 09:48 (3440 days ago) @ dogcow

Well that's... odd. I wonder if one of the perks affects magazine size?

Exotic gear also requires exotic shards now...

by nash, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:01 (3441 days ago) @ JDQuackers

... at least according to the companion app. The description says these can be acquired by dismantling other exotic gear -- no mention of dismantling weapons.

Does this mean there are two favors of exotic shards (one for weapons and one for gear), and they're not interchangeable?

Exotic gear also requires exotic shards now...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:07 (3441 days ago) @ nash

... at least according to the companion app. The description says these can be acquired by dismantling other exotic gear -- no mention of dismantling weapons.

Infer, my friend.

Does this mean there are two favors of exotic shards (one for weapons and one for gear), and they're not interchangeable?

Nope. Exotic Shard. That's it.

Wow. Crazy update!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:30 (3441 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I was fine with the upgrading before, but this looks like a great change to keep Destiny fun months down the line! It also feels like Bungie is just trying to make this forum funner to read, hah.

How's that Hard Light treating you now?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 07:55 (3440 days ago) @ Leviathan

Haven't had a chance to play since the patch, just curious.

Just tried out all the tweaked Exotics.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, December 01, 2014, 16:50 (3441 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Gotta say they feel good! I'll have to try them in PvP, but in PvE they all felt unique and powerful (as they should). I may actually start using Thorn from time to time!

Better Be Re-Erecting My Thorn.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 01, 2014, 17:46 (3441 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Bungie wants you to get used to shreading your exotics

by scarab @, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 04:56 (3440 days ago) @ JDQuackers

New gear will replace old.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread