Post patch Farewell to VoG Raid tomorrow? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:52 (3441 days ago)

Anyone want to run Vault of Glass on hard mode tomorrow? Not only will it be a final farewell to the raid before the Crota one hits, but it will have to be completely cheeseless.

No sniping oracles. No pushing off the templar. No Atheon Bugs. Hardcore.

Post patch Farewell to VoG Raid tomorrow?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:55 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You're not going to run it anymore once Crota comes out?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:59 (3441 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:02

You're not going to run it anymore once Crota comes out?

Probably not as much no. I got fatebringer last night, so I literally have nothing drop wise I need from the vault (I don't really care about Praetorian Foil or Hezen Vengeance). With Ascendant materials becoming less important with the patch, I'm sure I'll run it much less for those.

After Flawless raider, the Vault is done :-)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 01, 2014, 18:16 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Do you ever play for like, you know, fun?

He has. Like a million times, I would guess.

by Monochron, Monday, December 01, 2014, 18:28 (3441 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 19:12 (3441 days ago) @ Kermit

Do you ever play for like, you know, fun?

That's why I've been doing it all this time… but now it's kinda boring. Guess the DLC is just in time.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:57 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What is wrong with sniping oracles with snipers?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 12:59 (3441 days ago) @ Revenant1988

What is wrong with sniping oracles with snipers?

Nothing, so long as you don't all die to spawn back at the top :-p

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:01 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I would never do such a thing.

Pushing off the templar though.....well it was cheesy while it lasted.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:05 (3441 days ago) @ Revenant1988

While you can no longer push him off, there's still a simple way to cheese him. ;)
Can't share here with Bungie's prying ears, though...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:17 (3441 days ago) @ Korny

While you can no longer push him off, there's still a simple way to cheese him. ;)

If it's what I think it is then definitely keep it hush hush :-p

While we should kill him the real way (Speedracer, is your gjallarhorn maxed yet?), having the cheese option to get out of jail free is sometimes welcome.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 01, 2014, 14:10 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

While we should kill him the real way (Speedracer, is your gjallarhorn maxed yet?), having the cheese option to get out of jail free is sometimes welcome.

My Gjallarhorn is not maxed yet, but perhaps I could focus on that tonight. Anyone want to help me run through all the bounties tonight to get the necessary xp? I should be able to get on by about 8:30ish Central time.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 01, 2014, 14:33 (3441 days ago) @ Speedracer513

My Gjallarhorn is not maxed yet, but perhaps I could focus on that tonight. Anyone want to help me run through all the bounties tonight to get the necessary xp? I should be able to get on by about 8:30ish Central time.

Now that I think about it, Cody, I think I'll run tonight on my Titan that I'm trying to level up. He is 18 1/2 right now, but I'm still at the same point in the story that we were the other night when we were leveling up your alt... You want to go through the rest of the story together and then run some strikes for some more bonus xp? I think Korny is working on a new alt too, although not sure how far he is in the story with that one...

you'll need to shard an exotic

by scarab @, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 12:06 (3440 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

you'll need to shard an exotic

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 12:30 (3440 days ago) @ scarab

Already did. I had two Thunderlords :-)

were they any good/

by scarab @, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 13:13 (3440 days ago) @ Speedracer513

or do you have a third?

were they any good/

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 13:26 (3440 days ago) @ scarab

or do you have a third?

Yeah, I actually really like the Thunderlord. The problem I'm coming across (not that it's a bad problem obviously) is having too many exotic weapons and not enough time to level them all up. My first Thunderlord remains only 50% leveled, so I don't think I'd ever have the time to fully level a second one.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 01, 2014, 13:36 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Count me in :)

Yeah, Good Luck With That.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 01, 2014, 17:43 (3441 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 01, 2014, 19:11 (3441 days ago) @ Morpheus

Killing the templar is not difficult if you don't care about him teleporting.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:19 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But teleporting puts you away from everybody, and only one person has the relic. Plus, those damn invincible oracles spawn and don't die until it's too late!

I'll be on in 90 minutes

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 18:09 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread