New mini-Public Event (Crota's minions) (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 06:50 (3432 days ago)

This looks awesome

I really hope I can stumble onto one of these tonight!

New mini-Public Event (Crota's minions)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 07:12 (3432 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Nice. It's good to see that they can add things like this.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 10:04 (3432 days ago) @ stabbim

Nice. It's good to see that they can add things like this.

Totally! Makes me want to play Destiny after a month of not having it in my console.

Add something that is already in the game

by scarab @, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 12:02 (3432 days ago) @ stabbim

and you have done dozens of times before?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 10:27 (3432 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Just did one of these. Killed a Knight Major to get the sword then a few minor Hive before turning around and really ruining the day of some Fallen. Eventually the sword glows brighter and explodes.

Is it time- or kill count-based?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 10:51 (3432 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Is it time- or kill count-based?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:06 (3432 days ago) @ ZackDark

Time. The sword slowly glosws more and more even if you just stand... then BOOM!

They were occuring every 10 mins or so

by kornman00, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 10:27 (3432 days ago) @ JDQuackers

At least early this morning they were. They show up in The Steppes and The Drift, so I'm assuming it can happen in any public space on Earth regardless of a preexisting Hive presence.

They were occuring every 10 mins or so

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:08 (3432 days ago) @ kornman00

so I'm assuming it can happen in any public space on Earth regardless of a preexisting Hive presence.

It can. I ran through most of the public spaces this morning working on a Vanguard bounty and encountered Hive in all of them. It was a nice surprise.

by Slothboy, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:26 (3432 days ago) @ JDQuackers

So, clearly it isn't so much the sword of crota as it is a sword of crota.

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 05:20 (3432 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Got three of these last night, two in the Steppes and one over in Mothyard.

One I got in conjunction with a normal public event (defend the warsat) which was awesome, I was able to cause mass chaos and slay everything in sight. Thrilled.

I love that sword.

CC

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 07:40 (3431 days ago) @ CommandrCleavage

That sounds fantastic. I hope I can get it to happen sometime.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 09:14 (3431 days ago) @ CommandrCleavage

I got one on the Steppes during the defeat extraction teams public event. I was solo & grabbed the sword between the 1st & 2nd waves, it made the 2nd wave quite easy. Sadly it vanished just as the 3rd wave was starting.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 09:17 (3431 days ago) @ CommandrCleavage

Got three of these last night, two in the Steppes and one over in Mothyard.

One I got in conjunction with a normal public event (defend the warsat) which was awesome, I was able to cause mass chaos and slay everything in sight. Thrilled.

I love that sword.

CC

I goddamn disconnected right as I killed one of those sword knights yesterday and a kill target event was starting. So much rage.

Sprint Bug/Buff

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 09:18 (3431 days ago) @ JDQuackers

After the sword explodes I noticed I can turn at full speed when sprinting instead of slowly like I normally do. It's reproducible on my Titan, haven't tested on my alts.

Almost definitely a bug, but what I wouldn't give for that freedom of movement in PvP. Shoulder Charge!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread