PS4 exclusive strike and exotic (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 07:41 (3440 days ago)

PS4 exclusive strike and exotic

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 08:15 (3440 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Damnit. This really one-ups the Invective, which I love... plus Arc damage? Man... now I'll just get sad every time I look at my Invective, especially since it's only useful for Nightfall once every 10 weeks...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 09:43 (3440 days ago) @ Schedonnardus
edited by Revenant1988, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 09:55

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-02-heres-the-playstation-exclusive-content-in-destiny-expansion-the-dark-below

Wow. Still more timed exclusives? That's shitty for xbox players. I wish this stuff would stop being an OK business model.

As for the content itself, I'm trying to be optimistic, but if all they did was just make another super-hydra, make it moldy looking, and increase the coverage of the rotating shield, then that is not adding more challenge to the strikes.

Granted- that's just me going off the provided promotional image, but I'm skeptical.

There are better ways to do boss fights than just pumping lead into them from a distance, while fighting off smaller versions of the same enemy.

Also, Metroid Prime would like it's parasite queen boss back.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 14:29 (3440 days ago) @ Revenant1988

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-02-heres-the-playstation-exclusive-content-in-destiny-expansion-the-dark-below

Wow. Still more timed exclusives? That's shitty for xbox players.

That is a darn shame...

I wish this stuff would stop being an OK business model.

Are you going to repeat this yet again when the next DLC's exclusives are announced? Because this is still the exact same deal that you complained about before.

As for the content itself, I'm trying to be optimistic, but if all they did was just make another super-hydra, make it moldy looking, and increase the coverage of the rotating shield, then that is not adding more challenge to the strikes.

Apart from the Dust Palace, when have the bosses ever been anything but bullet sponges to ping at and avoid fire from while you dealt with the minions? The arena and fight is what's interesting, not so much the boss.

Granted- that's just me going off the provided promotional image, but I'm skeptical.

There are better ways to do boss fights than just pumping lead into them from a distance, while fighting off smaller versions of the same enemy.

Dust Palace was a good step in the right direction, boss-wise. Wish they could do more than "Big version of smaller enemy" though...

I can already hear the music playing in my head...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 16:00 (3440 days ago) @ Korny

Wow. Still more timed exclusives? That's shitty for xbox players.

That is a darn shame...

I wish this stuff would stop being an OK business model.

Are you going to repeat this yet again when the next DLC's exclusives are announced? Because this is still the exact same deal that you complained about before.

I honestly thought it was just for the game launch- I didn't realize it applied to the DLC as well, or I forgot. It depresses me to think about it.

Apart from the Dust Palace, when have the bosses ever been anything but bullet sponges to ping at and avoid fire from while you dealt with the minions? The arena and fight is what's interesting, not so much the boss.

Dust Palace was a good step in the right direction, boss-wise. Wish they could do more than "Big version of smaller enemy" though...

Not enough of a step. It's just regular size but with lots-o-health.

I like puzzles. And even when you figure them out, you can still make them hard to pull off.

Give the babies the bullet sponge for their first boss, and then make them use their brains as MUCH as their guns!

I can already hear the music playing in my head...

They do know how to craft a boss fight.

[trivia time: What's really funny about the MCC, is that Retro Studio was able to do it successfully for MP series, and add motion control to the non-wii titles, and make it smooth.

That was a collection I regret not purchasing when I had the chance.]

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 08:54 (3438 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Not enough of a step. It's just regular size but with lots-o-health.

It wasn't just that they had more health it was also that they had different energy types for their shields. It wasn't a puzzle by any means but it did require a higher level of cooperation and teamwork as well as a more careful selection of weapons for the strike.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 10:14 (3440 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I'm still a little bummed to miss out on the strike for a year, but personally I'm not a shotty-lover, so I'm not that broken up about waiting for the gun.

by petetheduck, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:07 (3440 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I would appreciate any of our local PS4 players putting together a nice playthrough video of this and the Dust Palace so us Xbox players can watch without suffering through Youtube's offerings. It might even be worthwhile to have some kind of official DBO playthrough archive for Destiny content in general; missions, Raid, etc.

Agreed!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:09 (3440 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:27 (3440 days ago) @ petetheduck

I would appreciate any of our local PS4 players putting together a nice playthrough video of this and the Dust Palace so us Xbox players can watch without suffering through Youtube's offerings. It might even be worthwhile to have some kind of official DBO playthrough archive for Destiny content in general; missions, Raid, etc.

I'm sure Korny and cody Team could do something, since they have capture cards.

The PS4 limits it to what, like 15 minutes of play through? Or I'd gladly do it for you.

As I've said before, the Dust Palace strike is criminally short and underwhelming in my opinion, so I don't feel xbox people are "missing" anything, but who knows about this next strike.

This timed exclusives stuff is a bunch of crap.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 14:22 (3440 days ago) @ Revenant1988

As I've said before, the Dust Palace strike is criminally short and underwhelming in my opinion,

Short but sweet. In my opinion it has the best boss fight of the strikes.

I'd love to do it...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 13:59 (3440 days ago) @ petetheduck

Huh... Sounds like a great idea.

I can do the Dust Palace later today... Wish I had a Hawkmoon to show off its awesomeness, though... I suppose I can use the completely unleveled Monte Carlo...

I'd love to do it...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 14:21 (3440 days ago) @ Korny

Huh... Sounds like a great idea.

I can do the Dust Palace later today... Wish I had a Hawkmoon to show off its awesomeness, though... I suppose I can use the completely unleveled Monte Carlo...

I'll do it with you tonight? Sounds like fun. I'll use my Monte Carlo too :-p

I'd love to do it...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 17:56 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Count me in too!

What can you play Pete?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 00:42 (3439 days ago) @ petetheduck

No youtube eh?

We just ran this and recorded it for you. I can post an .mp4. Can you play 1080p? 720p?

It's all for you man, tell me how you want it.

Someone got an exotic at the end. Not saying who or what, but you'll have to watch ;-)

What can you play Pete?

by petetheduck, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 06:09 (3439 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No youtube eh?

We just ran this and recorded it for you. I can post an .mp4. Can you play 1080p? 720p?

Someone got an exotic at the end. Not saying who or what, but you'll have to watch ;-)

Thanks guys! I appreciate that and look forward to checking it out.

Youtube as a player is fine; as a source for the content itself, not so much. I would much rather watch you guys play than watch what ever random youtube video turns up with a search. That's what I meant.

The Dust Palace: DBO Edition...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 06:37 (3439 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Korny, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 07:08

No youtube eh?

Youtube as a player is fine; as a source for the content itself, not so much. I would much rather watch you guys play than watch what ever random youtube video turns up with a search. That's what I meant.

Here you go, then... Cody will use his movie magic skills to blend our two videos together (maybe), but here's my perspective...

-This was the first time that I touched my Monte Carlo. I thought that its high fire rate would translate to insane recoil and horrible stability. I was wrong. That thing may see some more use, and I generally hate Auto Rifles...

-1:33 Definitely how Bungie envisioned us coming across a Public Event... Too bad the worlds allow so few people/such small Fireteams. Curse you, Last-gen!

-8:36 = Gjallarhorn

-10:50 2v1 me, bros! This is what I'd love to see in future boss battles; the ability to go on the offensive. Too many (read: ALL OF THEM) strikes depend on your team hanging back in a safe corner and pinging the boss when the minions aren't giving you trouble. That's not satisfying. That's work. I really like this strike because while many people will still hang at the top back and ping the Flayers (looking at the Revenants of the world), you actually do have options. You can take them one at a time, you can divide and focus on one each, you can take a rocket and with a bit of luck push them off the edge, or you can stay back and do it the boring way. There are a number of ways to approach this fight, and I'd love to see how Nightfall skulls change the dynamic (namely the burns)... Too bad we won't get this as a Nightfall until the the Xbox does...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 08:31 (3439 days ago) @ Korny

Thanks for posting this. Nice to see someone using a proper Sunsinger setup. Firebolt grenades FTW!

I think this strike looks good, mostly because, like you said, you can actually get in there with the bosses instead of hanging back and pinging them during brief windows. Though maybe that's less doable without flame shield, I dunno.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 09:48 (3439 days ago) @ Korny

(looking at the Revenants of the world)

Excuse me? I'll have you know, that as a Titan, I only know two things: Shotguns and fists.

The only thing I've not been able to do with the flayers is rocket them off the edge- I must not have the right kind of launcher.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 12:48 (3439 days ago) @ Revenant1988

(looking at the Revenants of the world)

Excuse me? I'll have you know, that as a Titan, I only know two things: Shotguns and fists.

The only thing I've not been able to do with the flayers is rocket them off the edge- I must not have the right kind of launcher.

I've done it several times with Unfriendly Giant.

What can you play Pete?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 09:28 (3439 days ago) @ petetheduck

No youtube eh?

I'll upload it to youtube then. I'll give a 2 up perspective when I download Korny's video tonight.

In the meantime, here it is in 1080p:

http://destiny.isnotcanon.net/movies/Dust_Palace_DBO-1080p.mov

Youtube Link

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 13:48 (3439 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwdFCgmaRU

I'll do a 2 up later today.

Youtube Link

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 05, 2014, 13:42 (3437 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is the first time I've been legitimately jealous of PS4 players. That looks way more interesting than the other strikes. You get more Rasputin info and an intro from Nathan Fillion...er, Cayde-6.

Oh well, only nine more months until we Xboners can play it, too.

-Disciple

Thanks. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, December 05, 2014, 14:01 (3437 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread