Xbox One Raid Night! (Recruitment)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:47 (3440 days ago)

I've got a 30 Titan ready for hard mode or a 29 Warlock and 27 Hunter set for normal mode. Who's ready to take on the new cheese-free Templar fight?

-Disciple

Xbox One Raid Night!

by petetheduck, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 12:09 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I've got a 30 Titan ready for hard mode or a 29 Warlock and 27 Hunter set for normal mode. Who's ready to take on the new cheese-free Templar fight?

-Disciple

If this is happening later tonight, I'll keep an eye out for you. Would be great to get a Mythoclast this week especially..

Xbox One Raid Night!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 12:22 (3440 days ago) @ petetheduck

-Disciple

If this is happening later tonight, I'll keep an eye out for you. Would be great to get a Mythoclast this week especially..

What time, and is a 29 not good enough for hard mode?

Xbox One Raid Night!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 13:01 (3440 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll be on a little after 8PM Central time.

It's totally doable as a 29 as long as we have more 30s than 29s. I'm just far less likely to survive as a 29 Warlock since I'm used to running as a Titan, so I'm not going to consider him Hard Mode ready for a while.

-Disciple

Xbox One Raid Night!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 13:23 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I'll look for you then. I've over halfway to 30, if that means anything.

Icebreaker or Gjallerhorn?

Xbox One Raid Night!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 15:14 (3440 days ago) @ Kermit

Icebreaker or Gjallerhorn?

Probably both at some point. :p

-Disciple

Xbox One Raid Night!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 14:56 (3440 days ago) @ petetheduck

Cool. It's a lot of fun. I got mine maxed out just in time for the buff :)

This is where I really wish Destiny had the Need/Greed option for boss loot drops so I could essentially take myself out of the running for a potential Mythoclast drop and give someone else a better chance of picking it up.

-Disciple

Xbox One Raid Night!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 13:47 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I will be playing tonight, unsure if I can stomach a full run (29 Warlock but I didn't have much problem killing people last time). Invite me if you are not full, can't say I will join but I might.

Xbox One Raid Night!

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 13:53 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Also have a 29 warlock ready to start raiding, (and ready to receive that damn mythoclast >.>) so I'll be there.

Xbox One Raid Night!

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 14:48 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I've got a group of three possibly four DBOers that want to raid tonight as well. Three level 30s and one 29. If you can't find enough, we can combine our forces, or maybe we can't get two groups going if there is enough interest.

Xbox One Raid Night!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 14:57 (3440 days ago) @ Mariachi

Cool! The more 29s we can get through for potential raid helmets, the better :)

-Disciple

Xbox One Raid Night!

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 15:42 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

My 30 Warlock is ready.

If we're going to cheese the oracles, I'm thinking of bringing my 28 Titan in for that part, maybe get some armor for him.

Xbox One Raid Night!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 15:49 (3440 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

We're definitely not going to make a flawless Hard Mode run, so I'm down for cheesing oracles.

-Disciple

Xbox One Raid Night!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 17:57 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If you haven't gotten too far by 9pm pacific, my 30 Hunter would be free to join a Hard run. Or I've got a 27 Titan for a Normal if there are two groups.

Xbox One Raid Night!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 19:07 (3440 days ago) @ Mid7night

Sorry. Holiday stuff tonight. Got home late.

A Cheese-less Templar Tip *VID*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 23:01 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Who's ready to take on the new cheese-free Templar fight?

Not as important for the Normal run, but this really helped us get a few extra hits on Hard mode today. When the Relic carrier is about to pop the Templar's shields, everyone should have their rocket launchers ready. Once the Relic is fired, open up on the Templar so that the rockets hit just as after the shield drops.

If you do it right, your rockets will be hitting/damaging while you're in the suppression fields. The cumulative effect really adds up, especially if you add a few Gjallarhorns to the mix. And if you're out of rockets, you can sneak in a few sniper rounds on his nose.

Exhibit A:

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 23:11 (3440 days ago) @ Beorn

How many people blew themselves up trying this?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 00:26 (3440 days ago) @ Ragashingo

How many people blew themselves up trying this?

Surprisingly few. And the times it did happen, it was because people stood in front of each other (sorry, Xenos!). As long as you fire the rocket at the same time the shield gets popped, you're good to go.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 01:07 (3440 days ago) @ Beorn

It definitely helps to have the shield carrier somewhere between you and the Templar, so you can see him charging the shot. Gives you about a two second window to fire the rockets before he traps you.

Post-patch, it feels like he's gotten a one-second delay added to the shield pop before he Detains people. Probably because so many Relic holders would get caught in the air... Still, that gives you even more time to let the rockets fly (or in Sammy's case, feel confident that she was not Detained, causing her to blow herself up when the detain finally appeared)...

Timing

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 01:48 (3440 days ago) @ Korny

Post-patch, it feels like he's gotten a one-second delay added to the shield pop before he Detains people.

I think it's the same pre- and post- patch. Sometimes there's a longer delay, sometimes it's almost instantaneous. Might be a function of network latency, who knows.

Xbox One Raid Night!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 02:08 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Who's ready to take on the new cheese-free Templar fight?

The DBO PS4 players did this a couple times on hard. The strategy we used is pretty good:

Anybody who can jump back up should do so and snipe. Those who can't should stay down, on the right side. 3 up 3 down seems like a good mix. You want people below to take out hidden oracles, and to protect the relic holder or grab it if it's dropped.

If you are down, stay near the BACK of the arena. The Templar won't be able to shoot you easily there.

Snipers take out oracles in the front, the relic holder or those down below take out the hidden ones.

All and all it took about 7 minutes:

http://youtu.be/DFpEYkfOzpk

Xbox One Raid Night!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 07:17 (3439 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nice!

We ended up doing something similar to this, but we just had the relic holder down low and everyone else up top. We wiped a few times before we got the hang of it, though, so we might have to try it this way next time.

-Disciple

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread