I haven't died *that* much! (DBO)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 01:31 (3443 days ago)

So, my first Hard Mode raid as a Level 30 didn't go quite as smoothly as I had imagined. I died a lot. Chalk it up to bad luck, terrible jumping, over-extending… whatever.

Somewhere in the midst of our Gatekeeper sequence, my inability to stay alive became a joke, and when I declared that “I haven't died that much!,” Xenos and Zero almost fell off their couches laughing. I joked that I should make a compilation video.

It's 5 minutes long. Oi. Here you go, Xenos:

I will say, however, that we were a well-oiled machine for the Atheon fight. We took him down on our third attempt, which was pretty awesome.

I haven't died *that* much!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 01:43 (3443 days ago) @ Beorn

Interesting how quick you guys are to wipe. We fight until the last man falls, usually ("We can do it with five/four" is our unofficial battlecry)... Funny thing is that tonight, I was taking my level 28 Titan through the Hard raid, as I figured that having a team of 30s would help make it a breeze... Well, during the Templar fight, our numbers slowly dwindled, until I was somehow the last man standing with the shield going against an Enraged Templar... If it weren't for the fact that I was marked by the time I picked up the shield... Who knows? His health was already down to a sliver...

What was your total death count?

What level were you doing it as?

You didn't die during the gate capture part?

All in all, you guys seemed to do very well for an Xbox team. ;)

Congrats on your first Hard run! Now Crota awaits...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 01:46 (3443 days ago) @ Korny

I've run the Hard a few times before, but this was my first time as a 30 (finally got the chest piece last week). We generally initiated a wipe if three people were down, or if we were at the very beginning of a fight and didn't want to slog it out.

Total deaths really wasn't that bad; every one (I think) is in the video.

Why don't you people jump?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 03:33 (3443 days ago) @ Beorn

I rarely see people jumping while fighting in the videos you guys post here. Why is that?

They might land on something as stubborn as them...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 03:47 (3443 days ago) @ ZackDark

I rarely see people jumping while fighting in the videos you guys post here. Why is that?

What are you talking about? Didn't you see him desperately jumping to try to get on top of Left Rock before he was gunned down in the air?

Also, you get shot in the air when you jump. Useful against most enemies, not so much against Vex...

They might land on something as stubborn as them...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 14:00 (3442 days ago) @ Korny

No, no. I mean jumping to throw off enemies' aim. A quick double-jump-cancel usually saves me from any Hobgoblin not co-linear to my trajectory and hopping madly is the only thing that keeps me alive on the Nexus. I thought it was common practice until I started seeing these videos.

Why don't you people jump?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 06:17 (3443 days ago) @ ZackDark

On top of what Korny mentions... jumping is dangerous anytime the Templar or Atheon is involved. There's this totally awesome bug/feature where if you jump and get detained, you'll fall through the detainment field and die... This can be avoided with good communication so as to know when you might get detained, but it's usually best to try to not be too jumpy

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 07:12 (3442 days ago) @ Beorn

To be fair, I about fell on the floor laughing when you died AFTER you said that :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread