don't turn in exotic bounties until after the 9th (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 11:57 (3453 days ago)

you'll get the new version, and won't have to waste a shard to upgrade it

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/540581860686823425

let's just stop playing Destiny completely

by petetheduck, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:01 (3453 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

If you're close to finishing an Exotic bounty, don't!
If you're close to upgrading an Exotic, don't!
If you're close to ranking up your Vanguard, don't!

No kidding

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:07 (3453 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm actually happy I'm going to be on a business trip until next Friday. In the short time I have before leaving I'm just going to build up my glimmer and try to make sure I don't start a new rank with any of the vendors. I actually hope Xur doesn't sell anything I want tomorrow.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:13 (3453 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:50

Last night I reached a new Crypharch level, a new Vanguard level, a new Crucible level, and bought a new legendary weapon. For real. Was that wrong? :)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:15 (3453 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Last night up reached a new Crypharch level, a new Vanguard level, a new Crucible level, and bought a new legendary weapon. For real. Was that wrong? :)

Yeah, ideally you would have wanted to get them close and then sit that character. You know, if you cared about maxing your character :) I know you don't but you just made some redditor cringe, somewhere.

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:19 (3453 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Last night up reached a new Crypharch level, a new Vanguard level, a new Crucible level, and bought a new legendary weapon. For real. Was that wrong? :)

Yeah, ideally you would have wanted to get them close and then sit that character. You know, if you cared about maxing your character :) I know you don't but you just made some redditor cringe, somewhere.

This is what I mean - it makes no frikken sense. This sort of crap just makes me not want to play. Seriously; the last few nights I've just gone straight to GTA V, simply because Destiny has started to feel like I'm running on a treadmill with a carrot on a stick that just keeps getting longer.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:27 (3453 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I did kinda facepalm a few minutes afterward. Perhaps that'll make them feel a bit better! :p

I do plan to max again for Iron Banner though... Eventually.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:29 (3453 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:29 (3453 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I did kinda facepalm a few minutes afterward. Perhaps that'll make them feel a bit better! :p

I had just ranked up my dead orbit and vanguard on Monday across 2 different characters. Right there with you.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:52 (3453 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Last night I reached a new Crypharch level, a new Vanguard level, a new Crucible level, and bought a new legendary weapon. For real. Was that wrong? :)

You idiot! :-p

You're supposed to have 3 characters, all of whom have a bunch of Daily Public event packages saved at the postmaster, 10 bounties each that are completed and ready to be turned in, faction rep on the verge of reaching a new level, and a set of completely un-upgraded exotics, so that when the expansion drops you can dump that all into the new stuff!

I've got a few days yet... :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:58 (3453 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:14 (3453 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm using the time to finally rank up my 2nd character :)

by petetheduck, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:24 (3453 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm using the time to finally rank up my 2nd character :)

My Warlock still needs his Raid helmet upgraded to get back to 30, but I've been distracted working on a Titan. Just got him to 26 with junk gear, this week will be his first Raid. And in third place, my level 10 Hunter..

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:31 (3453 days ago) @ petetheduck

I only have the 1 alt characer... she was level 11 until a few days ago. Got her up to 19 this morning. I have a complete set of legendary and exotic armor waiting for her, so once she hits 20 I'll be able to jump her ahead a bit.

Glad I didn't stop - I had the funnest Crucible last night.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 13:59 (3453 days ago) @ petetheduck

I had a string of wins across Control and Skirmish playlists last night, getting better K/D ratios then I've ever had before. One of the best nights of Destiny yet, easily!

A lot of it was whatever Bungie did to Hard Light. It just handles perfectly - and the new sounds! It's like a beast now. :)

One of the other aspects that lead to this success was me finally grasping how to use the trip-mine grenade well. Sticking people left and right or shooting them until they backed up into one had laid before... My new favorite grenade, which is funny as I thought it was useless this whole time.

And since I was playing Skirmish, I was getting the Anomaly and Mercury maps, ones I don't see very often, and I love the moving walls and in both of them. Really makes the map exciting.

Glad I didn't stop - I had the funnest Crucible last night.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 14:05 (3453 days ago) @ Leviathan

I think both of those maps are really fun and I kind of wish they would let those maps into the 6v6 rotation. It would probably be really intense because of the number of players but I think that would make it fun!

don't turn in exotic bounties until after the 9th

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:15 (3453 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

The retarded thing is, a lot of casuals don't read the weekly updates or patch notes line by line. Nor do they watch out for DeeJ's hints and tips on his twitter or in the forums. Essentially, there will be a large subset of players who won't expect all of these weird changes and will think the game is bugged or something when their exotic is reset. Many of Bungie's changes don't make sense to me even when I've read through them all.

I don't think exotics reset like everyone seems to think...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:36 (3453 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

The retarded thing is, a lot of casuals don't read the weekly updates or patch notes line by line. Nor do they watch out for DeeJ's hints and tips on his twitter or in the forums. Essentially, there will be a large subset of players who won't expect all of these weird changes and will think the game is bugged or something when their exotic is reset. Many of Bungie's changes don't make sense to me even when I've read through them all.

Am I misunderstanding...? The way I read it, your exotics will not be reset automatically; they will only reset if you choose to buy the "upgraded" version from Xur.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:37 (3453 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Am I misunderstanding...? The way I read it, your exotics will not be reset automatically; they will only reset if you choose to buy the "upgraded" version from Xur.

Or you get a new one. And if you are sitting on a missive that's nearly finished, and you wait to turn it in, it'll be the new one.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 12:42 (3453 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Or you get a new one. And if you are sitting on a missive that's nearly finished, and you wait to turn it in, it'll be the new one.

Yeah, I get that anything acquired after Tuesday will be the new "upgraded" version.

So maybe this was the wrong thread to post my previous reply in, I'm just getting a strong sense that many of the people here (and even moreso in other parts of the Internet) are misunderstanding that exotics are not "getting reset" -- but it just means we'll have the option to upgrade them even further than their current max (assuming we're willing to let them get reset to some extent temporarily)

by HavokBlue, California, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 13:01 (3453 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Pretty sure people are upset because of the fact that if you do choose to upgrade, your exotic will be reset. Repeating the awful process of gimping yourself to make your weapons useful again. On a weapon you already went through that process for.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread