Dark below not for sale by itself (Destiny)

by Free at Last, Saturday, December 06, 2014, 12:44 (3454 days ago)

The only copy of "The Dark Below" I can find for sale is at Gamestop. Xbox.com, bungie.net, and the Xbox One games marketplace on the console all don't have it for sale. They only offer the Expansion Pack with the two DLC's together. Snooping around the net I've found a few forum posts that said that it would be offered through Xbox on the 9th...does anyone here know of an official verification of that? Bungie folks?

I'd like to experience this expansion and see if they've got back to Bungie-level storytelling before I commit to the next expansion.

Thanks!

Free

Dark below not for sale by itself

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 06, 2014, 12:55 (3454 days ago) @ Free at Last

Hmm, strange. Only thing I can think is it'll probably be available stand alone on the 9th? They only recently allowed pre-purchase of games, so could just be the way they normally release DLC (unless you by a pass of some sort of course)

by Free at Last, Saturday, December 06, 2014, 13:30 (3454 days ago) @ Xenos

If they offer both expansions as a group early, then they should be able to offer the one. I think they're trying to get people to buy the pack of 2, I just don't appreciate blocking me. I'll check Tuesday morning if I don't hear earlier.

Are you on the 360 or One?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, December 06, 2014, 21:26 (3453 days ago) @ Free at Last

If they offer both expansions as a group early, then they should be able to offer the one. I think they're trying to get people to buy the pack of 2, I just don't appreciate blocking me. I'll check Tuesday morning if I don't hear earlier.

I have The Dark Below alone as an option on the 360.

XB One. Interesting about the 360.

by Free at Last, Sunday, December 07, 2014, 04:34 (3453 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, December 06, 2014, 13:38 (3454 days ago) @ Xenos

Didn't they do this with the standard digital version too? You could preorder the limited digital edition but had to wait until 2am launch day to buy the standard one I think.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 06, 2014, 13:38 (3454 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Didn't they do this with the standard digital version too? You could preorder the limited digital edition but had to wait until 2am launch day to buy the standard one I think.

You couldn't pre-order any digital ones on 360, but all of them were available on XB1.

by Free at Last, Tuesday, December 09, 2014, 14:24 (3451 days ago) @ Free at Last

It was on sale when I woke up this morning.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread