Crota dies 9:30PM EST (Recruitment)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:24 (3428 days ago)

Let's finish what we started guys.

Crota dies 9:30PM EST

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:30 (3428 days ago) @ Cody Miller

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:05 (3428 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Crota's been taunting me for too long. Lets finish this.

As a side note, anyone down for a run to that first chest on their alts? Both of my alts are only level 27 so they cant actually run the raid, but they can grab that chest thats 3 feet from the door. Apparently it doesn't spawn if you try to do it solo.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:17 (3428 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Crota's been taunting me for too long. Lets finish this.

As a side note, anyone down for a run to that first chest on their alts? Both of my alts are only level 27 so they cant actually run the raid, but they can grab that chest thats 3 feet from the door. Apparently it doesn't spawn if you try to do it solo.

You may find that (despite what Bungie said about needing to have a lvl 30 fireteam leader) you actually CAN go in at a lower level and get that chest. I went in solo yesterday with both my lvl 29 Warlock and lvl 28 Titan and got the chest.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:24 (3428 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Is the spawning on it just random?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:36 (3428 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Yes; apparently it moves around all over that area each time you respawn - so just keep going to that one spot and then let the thrills kill you until it's finally there.

Actually, I showed it to Sigbias and Alex yesterday afternoon and we made quite a fun game out of seeing which of the three of us could get the most kills each time between wipes. It got to the point where we would quietly but intentionally leave some of the thrills alone hoping they would kill the other guys and leave ourselves alive longer to get more kills. Sig even quietly saved his Sunsinger revive ability one time until Alex and I were both dead (cheater!). Much fun was had.

Apparently Bladedancers can damage Crota also

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:36 (3428 days ago) @ Cody Miller

just a heads up

Apparently Bladedancers can damage Crota also [img]

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 15, 2014, 11:46 (3428 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

[image]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:05 (3428 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

just a heads up

Not with Arcblade. Being a blade dancer is just beneficial since you can be invisible and not have to worry about him smashing you before his shields are down.

Turn on the perk that makes you invisible when you land a blink strike, increased invisibility duration, and blink strike cooldown reduction. Then you crouch to go invisible, and run up to Crota and stand next to him. You can begin damaging him while he starts crouching. Swipe your sword, and as he gets up drop it, then blink strike to go invisible again, and wait next to him until his shields are down a second time.

Strongly considering asking Korny if I can do this since I'm a hunter. I do have my massive 331 attack Gjallarhorn and a 331 sniper though, so I might need to be on Crota shield team as well as killing Ogres and sword bearer. We'll see.

Dang, the one chance Bungie had to make Bladedancers useful

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:11 (3428 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:23 (3428 days ago) @ Cody Miller

just a heads up

Not with Arcblade. Being a blade dancer is just beneficial since you can be invisible and not have to worry about him smashing you before his shields are down.

Turn on the perk that makes you invisible when you land a blink strike, increased invisibility duration, and blink strike cooldown reduction. Then you crouch to go invisible, and run up to Crota and stand next to him. You can begin damaging him while he starts crouching. Swipe your sword, and as he gets up drop it, then blink strike to go invisible again, and wait next to him until his shields are down a second time.

Strongly considering asking Korny if I can do this since I'm a hunter.

I'd allow it, but you've got some DPS that we needs. I say Sammy or Guardian does it, since it really does work...
Running it with a group a couple of days ago, and on the first double-drop paired with the death-cheese, Dancey McBlinky had Crota's health down by a third. I dun seen it with my own eye).

I feel so useless this raid :c

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:27 (3428 days ago) @ Korny

At least I should be 31 and have a level 33 scout rifle and Thunderlord by the next time we run it

You're a Sunsinger...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:14 (3428 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

We're NEVER useless.
There's a reason that LFG people only have to say "Master Race" to get invites.

[image]

You're a Sunsinger...

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:17 (3428 days ago) @ Korny

I'm a voidwalker at heart and I'm always afraid to run it during raids.

You're a Sunsinger...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:20 (3428 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I'm a voidwalker at heart and I'm always afraid to run it during raids.

Look no further than the Flawless Raider known as CruelLEGACEY. Runs Voidwalker on Raids, wrecks shop.

I imagine a Nova Bomb could take the Swordbearers and their Thralls down fairly quickly...

Voidwalker FTW

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, December 15, 2014, 15:25 (3428 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Go with Voidwalker for the later stages in this raid. Sure, self-res is nice, but the damage dealt to the sword-bearers is more useful

Voidwalker FTW

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 15, 2014, 15:43 (3428 days ago) @ unoudid

Go with Voidwalker for the later stages in this raid. Sure, self-res is nice, but the damage dealt to the sword-bearers is more useful

Maybe, but your ability to die then res to activate oversoul to cheese Crota could be even MORE useful :-p

Fix the glitch?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, December 15, 2014, 16:02 (3428 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm fully expecting that to be fixed ASAP.

My team didn't really have that many issues dying last night due to damage. it was more along the lines of the swordbearer getting smashed and then not getting swiped due to the oversoul.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:37 (3428 days ago) @ Korny

I'd allow it, but you've got some DPS that we needs. I say Sammy or Guardian does it, since it really does work...

I think this sounds like a better plan.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 15, 2014, 13:17 (3428 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think this sounds like a better plan.

I can do it. I'm still only 30 though... not sure if that's a pro or a con for this. On the one hand, my lack of 31-ness means I'll do less damage to stuff like the ogres and Crota) - but maybe that's offset by the premise that I'd be getting twice the hits in...?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 15, 2014, 17:29 (3428 days ago) @ Korny

Running it with a group a couple of days ago, and on the first double-drop paired with the death-cheese, Dancey McBlinky had Crota's health down by a third. I dun seen it with my own eye).

You kept your checkpoint right? Remember, we restarted to grab the chest at the beginning…

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 15, 2014, 18:09 (3428 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I should have a Crota checkpoint. I ran it last night from the bridge to Crota.

Don't want to make a new thread...

by HavokBlue, California, Monday, December 15, 2014, 17:32 (3428 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

But I just spent a couple hours in a mostly blind run with randoms that ended up getting stuck on Crota and eventually disbanding.

It was pretty fun though. Makes me wish I didn't wait around on the VoG action until the last couple weeks before Dark Below.

p.s. no loot from Deathsinger a glitch?

Don't want to make a new thread...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 15, 2014, 18:10 (3428 days ago) @ HavokBlue

p.s. no loot from Deathsinger a glitch?

I have no idea whether there is meant to be loot after the Deathsinger, but there sure as hell ought be considering how hard it is!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread