Suggestion: make the name in the banner a home link.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 09:52 (4060 days ago)

Now that the site is expanding and all. How did I think of this? I tried to click on DESTINY.BUNGIE.ORG to go back.

Not a bad idea.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:36 (4060 days ago) @ Kermit

Harder than I would have liked, because of the design choices I made early on (and in adding this, I found that the site's broken in IE7 -whee), but should work now.

Not a bad idea.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:00 (4060 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Cool. BTW, I love the color of the logo. It looks almost like it's embossed on the site.

P.S. Maybe I'll catch up with you next week, if I can remove some obstacles ...

Not a bad idea.

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:05 (4060 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Harder than I would have liked, because of the design choices I made early on (and in adding this, I found that the site's broken in IE7 -whee), but should work now.

easy fix... add "width:700px;" to the #newsheader div. ;)

Not a bad idea.

by kapowaz, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:06 (4060 days ago) @ thebruce

ass "width:700px;"

How rude!

Edit: Edited ;)

Not a bad idea.

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:08 (4060 days ago) @ kapowaz

ass "width:700px;"

How rude!

I fixed it! I fixed it! But not fast enough it seems, too late not to be recorded in the anal annals of DBO history! gah

Not a bad idea.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:50 (4060 days ago) @ thebruce

lol - not so easy. That breaks the site for every OTHER browser. ;)

Not a bad idea.

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 14:19 (4060 days ago) @ Claude Errera

lol - not so easy. That breaks the site for every OTHER browser. ;)

Oh I see what you're doing now.
Try putting the #newsheader in a container div, and 'fixed' the container div.
#newsheader should be "margin:0 auto;width700px;" and the container div should be "position:fixed;width:auto;"

try that.

If that's not quite right, then add "text-align:center;" to the container and "text-align:left;" to the newsheader, just to be safe.

While we're discussing site design..

by petetheduck, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 14:25 (4060 days ago) @ Kermit

Horizontal toolbar has resulted in 0 accidental clicks to the Clan DBO Forum instead of the DBO Forum on mobile devices.

A+

LOL!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 14:28 (4060 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 14:55 (4060 days ago) @ petetheduck

I don't think I ever mentioned how useful that change was to me on HBO.

Amazing.

by LostSpartan, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:54 (4060 days ago) @ petetheduck

I laughed at this probably harder than I should have.

by Dean Hofmeyer (unhh) @, Warsaw, IN, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:29 (4060 days ago) @ petetheduck

Horizontal toolbar has resulted in 0 accidental clicks to the Clan DBO Forum instead of the DBO Forum on mobile devices.

A+

It's so good that I only have one DBO bookmark on my phone, instead of one for the front page and another for the forum like my HBO bookmarks.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread