Hunting blades of Crota is why I hate multiplayer gaming (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 17:23 (3420 days ago)

Everyones camping the spots and I cant find any for the fucking bounty.

I dislike co-op, I like being solo, I don't like having to fight over enemies to fight

Use Fist of Crota mission

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 17:27 (3420 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Fist of Crota mission. Grab your Sparrow, fly past the first group of enemies. There should be a Sword wielder being summoned just around the corner.

Surely that works for the bounty?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 18:59 (3420 days ago) @ RC

Fist of Crota mission. Grab your Sparrow, fly past the first group of enemies. There should be a Sword wielder being summoned just around the corner.

Surely that works for the bounty?

Yep. That's how I finished mine today. It's also useful if you're farming Blades of Crota for a chance to pick up a Husk of the Pit.

-Disciple

by Monochron, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 21:14 (3420 days ago) @ RC

I don't have the Crota missions but can still do the bounties. Great for getting XP!

Can't use the method you suggested though :(

Hunting blades of Crota is why I hate multiplayer gaming

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 21:45 (3420 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I dislike co-op, I like being solo, I don't like having to fight over enemies to fight

Weird, I've never run into that problem and have enjoyed the mixup to Patrols.

Is it because I'm on 360? Are areas more densely populated for the next-gen folk? I'm often alone in most of my areas, or there is one or two nearby. Rarely do I see more than three. I guess there's a few consistently popular zones, but it's the exception on the planet. You guys?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 05:19 (3420 days ago) @ Leviathan

Weird, I've never run into that problem and have enjoyed the mixup to Patrols.

Is it because I'm on 360? Are areas more densely populated for the next-gen folk? I'm often alone in most of my areas, or there is one or two nearby. Rarely do I see more than three. I guess there's a few consistently popular zones, but it's the exception on the planet. You guys?

Yeah, it's gotta be that you're on 360. My instances, especially in the Cosmodrome, often have at least 3-4, and it's not uncommon for me to be in a public even with 5 other people. I can only imagine how barren it feels for PS3 players.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 18, 2014, 05:33 (3420 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, old-gen definitely has a harder time getting people in my instances, at least for me.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 06:43 (3420 days ago) @ Leviathan

forgotten shore, rocketyard, anchor of light, and hellmouth all seem to be sparsely populated when i'm there. Seems like most people are doing these bounties on the Steepes, Divide, Mothyards, and Skywatch.

So if you are wanting to knock out patrol missions and sword bearers, i would go to those areas that are less populated. Otherwise, do the first DLC mission

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 22:09 (3420 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

If you're nearby and get a few shots in, you should get credit for the kill. It's not just the person who fires the final shot.

Unless they're killing it before you arrive, I guess. The bright side is it won't take long for another one to show up - it seems to be every couple of minutes.

This ^

by petetheduck, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 06:06 (3420 days ago) @ stabbim

If you're nearby and get a few shots in, you should get credit for the kill. It's not just the person who fires the final shot.

Unless they're killing it before you arrive, I guess. The bright side is it won't take long for another one to show up - it seems to be every couple of minutes.

Yeah, you don't need to get the kill shot, just put some damage on him.

I finished up an Exalted Hive bounty for my new Warlock by standing near a random player that was killing Hive that were [??] for me.

This ^

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 06:15 (3420 days ago) @ petetheduck

I finished up an Exalted Hive bounty for my new Warlock by standing near a random player that was killing Hive that were [??] for me.

I finished that bounty once by going near that underground room on Steppes that everybody uses. I just stood on the ground level while two random guys ran up and down the stairs to kill the hive. If you stand right over the room you get credit for the kills. Just watch the other players on your radar as they run down there.

by petetheduck, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 07:53 (3420 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Heh, I was at the Ember Caves, standing directly in front of a tight cluster of about 6-8 enemies, casually reloading my rocket launcher.

A Hunter comes up next to me and activates his blade dancer super JUST as I finish the reload animation.

He seemed pretty mad at me after that.

Try to go with a party if possible

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 08:05 (3420 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

When I go in with a partner or full fire team, it seems that there are less randoms around.

If I play solo, I get what you describe, 5-6 people in a public event that ends before it has a chance to really start

(Hey, bungie, maybe scale the difficulty up on some of those events, or add TWO devil walkers or 3 targets to kill etc)

If I go with a team, it seems more inclined to populate the area less, if at all sometimes.

Definitely helps to have a couple buddies spread out to help you look for things.

You are aware

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 09:18 (3420 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

You are aware you can just hunt with them? If you attack the Blade Knight, as long as you land hits and are nearby you get a kill credit even if someone else lands the final blow.

I'm at rank 2 with "Enemy kills as Warlock" despite never having played a warlock even for a second.

You are aware

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 09:41 (3420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

not if they don't wait for you while you sprint towards them.

Its like when people just take the heavy ammo while you sprint towards them and they don't wait.

Idk I just like doing things solo

You are aware

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 09:42 (3420 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Idk I just like doing things solo

Good News! Apparently you can solo Crota now :-p

You are aware

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 09:59 (3420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

IMO they should be but thats a whole different discussion.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread